Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Bought my wheels...

Old 10-30-2002, 04:40 PM
z461

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by TriX
Why not 18' and something with a sporty look.

BLING BLING.

I guess its cool if you like that bass in the trunk, hoes in the front while you sippin on a 40 look. Maybe Puff dad can get you into his vid.
LOL.. because the wheel wells are so big on this car that 18's look miniscule. Kinda sucks doesn't it? With the 19's I'll maintain the same weight on the front wheels and only gain 2 lbs on each rear wheel. But the lower sidewall will improve handling... There's no bling bling look with those SSR's, they're forged racing rims. Bling Bling rims would be lowenharts.
Old 10-30-2002, 06:31 PM
TriX

Sorry I thought the pic was of your car. LOL

I hope they are not chrom. SSR are nice. I still think 19's are little oversized.

Would you loose any performance with those? Just curious. And which model do you have?
Old 10-30-2002, 11:15 PM
z461

Originally posted by TriX
Sorry I thought the pic was of your car. LOL

I hope they are not chrom. SSR are nice. I still think 19's are little oversized.

Would you loose any performance with those? Just curious. And which model do you have?
No..the car isn't mine. The performance should be very similar, the front wheel is the same weight, the rear wheel on the SSR's are about 2 lbs heavier each. I have a touring 6-spd, I think it's in my profile...
Old 10-31-2002, 07:21 AM
silverchrome

Default Thanks for the itelligent questions...

Thanks for the intelligent questions TRICK!...Oops, your questions were not intelligent...kinda borderline racist.

But, z461 great questions on the wheels and offsets and stuff. Can't wait to see your Z, when you get pictures.

Keep the Z pictures coming.

SilverChrome
Old 10-31-2002, 11:51 AM
FstQban

Oh so jealous!!!! I want those wheels! Can't wait to see them on your car so I can really start drooling!!! I was looking at either them or a nice set of BBS. Can't remember the name of them but I think they would look great on a Z. Good luck.
Old 10-31-2002, 12:13 PM
TriX

Default Re: Thanks for the itelligent questions...

Originally posted by silverchrome
Thanks for the intelligent questions TRICK!...Oops, your questions were not intelligent...kinda borderline racist.

But, z461 great questions on the wheels and offsets and stuff. Can't wait to see your Z, when you get pictures.

Keep the Z pictures coming.

SilverChrome
Whats not intelligent is mispelling my name that is 3 lines above.

Its a forum where people give opinions I gave mine. Simple as that.

Wasn't really going for the racist bit. I was going more for the funny bit. As in the chrome wheels look funny on a sporty Z.

I like your car just not the wheels.
Old 11-07-2002, 04:00 PM
jrreed350togo

Z461

I've talked to Tirerack and they say they don't have measurements for the 19' SSR's. Only 18's. Who did you order from at Tirerack? I'm interested in knowing...Sometime the Reps don't know something another does. The 8.5/18 are also on back-order. Please post asap...Thanks. If you can give me your guys extension.
Old 11-07-2002, 04:34 PM
z461

Originally posted by jrreed350togo
Z461

I've talked to Tirerack and they say they don't have measurements for the 19' SSR's. Only 18's. Who did you order from at Tirerack? I'm interested in knowing...Sometime the Reps don't know something another does. The 8.5/18 are also on back-order. Please post asap...Thanks. If you can give me your guys extension.
Well, they don't have the offsets on their computers for the Z so I ordered my own offsets. just tell them what wheels you want and they'll give them to you. Basically, you want the lowest positive offsets that you can get. I also ordered 19's, not 18's. Both are out of stock in the 8.5 widths I believe. What you want is the +41mm on the 10's in back and +37mm on the 8.5's in front. HOWEVER, these will not put the wheels out to the edge and they will be tucked. That is why I ended up CANCELLING my order for the SSR GT3's. If you want to see pics go to the main forum and see VQRACER's post... He actually had a post of a Z at SEMA with a tirerack sticker across the front of it, with SSR GT3's in 19" but with black centers and polished lips. I am not sure if that wheel on that car is a special fitment for the Z, or just the existing offets that they already carry (the +41 in back and +37 in front). I believe for the best offsets the Z needs +30mm in front and +35mm in back for 10's. I would wait until after SEMA to see what happens. I bet Tirerack will have measurements after that.
Old 11-07-2002, 04:35 PM
z461

Oh, and I ended up ordering TE-37's from Volk in 19".. They're much lighter, the GT3's from SSR are 29 lbs a wheel, over 2 lbs heavier than the already heavy stock 18's on the touring. The TE-37's on the other hand are 20 lbs a wheel, losing 7 lbs over stock means a huge improvement. EVEN though you'll be going from 18's to 19's.
Old 11-07-2002, 05:03 PM
jrreed350togo

Well, they don't have the offsets on their computers for the Z so I ordered my own offsets. just tell them what wheels you want and they'll give them to you. Basically, you want the lowest positive offsets that you can get. I also ordered 19's, not 18's. Both are out of stock in the 8.5 widths I believe. What you want is the +41mm on the 10's in back and +37mm on the 8.5's in front. HOWEVER, these will not put the wheels out to the edge and they will be tucked. That is why I ended up CANCELLING my order for the SSR GT3's. If you want to see pics go to the main forum and see VQRACER's post... He actually had a post of a Z at SEMA with a tirerack sticker across the front of it, with SSR GT3's in 19" but with black centers and polished lips. I am not sure if that wheel on that car is a special fitment for the Z, or just the existing offets that they already carry (the +41 in back and +37 in front). I believe for the best offsets the Z needs +30mm in front and +35mm in back for 10's. I would wait until after SEMA to see what happens. I bet Tirerack will have measurements after that.

I was quoted the same offsets for the 18's. Though the wheel won't go out to the edge I've decided to stick with it. The picture of the TireRack Z was with a set of 18's. My Tirerack Rep sent me a picture of it before I placed my order. Looks good but when you look at the other Z's that were at the show it made the SSR's look small. Especially those Genesis wheel. MONSTERS..... I've grown impatient seeing all these wheels. I'll stick with the SSR's for now. I think the Silver center with the polished lip will look very nice on my CS Z. $3,114 for 8.5/18/245/45 S-03 FRONT and 10/18/275/40 Rear. If they come out with anything new I'll be able to change my order since they won't be shipped till after Thanksgiving. Hopefully they'll have the 19's later this month. Do me a favor....Could you ghive me your guys number. If possible I want to see can I take your spot for those 19's. I'll really appreciate it.
Old 11-07-2002, 05:07 PM
Edretti

I put the S0-3 255/35/18's in the front and 275/35/18's in the back and it rides awesome!
Old 11-07-2002, 05:07 PM
z461

Originally posted by jrreed350togo

I was quoted the same offsets for the 18's. Though the wheel won't go out to the edge I've decided to stick with it. The picture of the TireRack Z was with a set of 18's. My Tirerack Rep sent me a picture of it before I placed my order. Looks good but when you look at the other Z's that were at the show it made the SSR's look small. Especially those Genesis wheel. MONSTERS..... I've grown impatient seeing all these wheels. I'll stick with the SSR's for now. I think the Silver center with the polished lip will look very nice on my CS Z. $3,114 for 8.5/18/245/45 S-03 FRONT and 10/18/275/40 Rear. If they come out with anything new I'll be able to change my order since they won't be shipped till after Thanksgiving. Hopefully they'll have the 19's later this month. Do me a favor....Could you ghive me your guys number. If possible I want to see can I take your spot for those 19's. I'll really appreciate it.
My guy was JAKE-EXT. 271 ... The 19's were supposed to come in after thanksgiving as well, dunno if that'll really expedite your order any? The 19x10's are already in stock and the 19x8.5's will be in stock by the end of this month.
Old 11-07-2002, 05:08 PM
z461

Also.. could we see that pic the guy from tirerack e-mailed to you? I'd love to see it. I think the 18" are a better offset than the 19's too, they push the wheels out more on the 18"' than the 19".
Old 11-07-2002, 05:26 PM
jrreed350togo

Sorry, he actually emailed it to my computer at work. I can send it to you tomorrow just email me JAMES.REED@DIA.MIL and I'll send it to you and anyone else who want it.
Old 11-07-2002, 08:32 PM
silverchrome

Default Hey TriX - How's It Hanging???

Hey TriX,

Don't sweat my comments earlier. Just blowing off a little steam. We (Z Car Owners) are all in this together. It is good that we all have different tastes, so that our Z Cars don't all look the same.

Right?

Anyway, I saw some nice Z pictures in the mag called something like "small compact cars" or something similar.

TriX, do you have any pictures posted yet of your Z car? Would love to see it.

Has anyone gotten the Bose system "fix" yet ? I am taking my Z in tomorrow (Friday) for the Bose system evaluation at the Nissan Dealer. It is all rainy and **** here now...I will hate driving it in that kinda weather.

Someone in New Jersey lost it in the snow and totaled his Super Black Z. Ouch!!

Post more pictures, guys and gals.

SilverChrome
Attached Thumbnails Bought my wheels...-dubbletrubbleasml.jpg  
Old 11-07-2002, 11:10 PM
jrreed350togo

Z461

Just wondering. Did you think about maybe getting spacers to push out those high offset SSR's. I'm thinking a 1/4 inch isn't that much and if I didn't like the look that would be a quick fix. Just a thought...