Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Do you need an alighment with bigger wheels and tires

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 12:30 PM
VaZee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you need an alighment with bigger wheels and tires

I switched to bigger wheels and tires, went from 17" to 19" wheels with 245/35 and 275/235 tires. Do you guys recommend i get an alignment. I just had an aligtment done before i upgarded wheels and tires.
Old 10-25-2004, 02:24 PM
phoenixZ33

It won't make a difference, provided the alignment was done correctly in the first place.
Old 10-25-2004, 03:04 PM
Strife350z

Originally posted by phoenixZ33
It won't make a difference, provided the alignment was done correctly in the first place.
actually it does in fact make a difference... had you stayed with 225 and 245 f/r you wouldn't have to, but due to the wider tires, your alignment *will* be off

my advice is to spend the 100 bucks and do the alignment... it'll pay for itself in the long run by ensuring that your tires wear evenly (or at least as "even" as stock... )

i say this from experience... after switching to 19s, my alignment (camber, caster, toe etc.) was way off
Old 10-25-2004, 04:40 PM
Zquicksilver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Strife350z
actually it does in fact make a difference... had you stayed with 225 and 245 f/r you wouldn't have to, but due to the wider tires, your alignment *will* be off

my advice is to spend the 100 bucks and do the alignment... it'll pay for itself in the long run by ensuring that your tires wear evenly (or at least as "even" as stock... )

i say this from experience... after switching to 19s, my alignment (camber, caster, toe etc.) was way off

Didn't realize that, but it makes sense. I just up graded to similar sizes wheels too. But I was also going to drop my car .5" on all corners in the near future. I might as well drop my car now and let it settle for about 500 miles and then get an alignment.

2 birds, one stone kind of thing

***** DAMN ******

What do you do if your going to swap out your bling, bling with your stockers every winter?

Last edited by Zquicksilver; 10-25-2004 at 04:43 PM.
Old 10-25-2004, 08:38 PM
VaZee

Default Thanks , I gonna get done

Thanks for the input, I gonna go ahead and get it done, It seemed like the it didn't roll or coast when i let my foot off the gas , like it used too.
Old 10-25-2004, 09:08 PM
phoenixZ33

Explain how suspension settings will change when you change the wheels and tires. Provided you originally aligned the car using the same size wheel on each axle, it won't matter so long as you continue to use the same size wheel on each axle. ie. rear wheels same size, front wheels same size. Whatever, I supposed it can't hurt.. I've aligned my Z with three types of wheels and the settings are the same.
Old 10-26-2004, 12:46 PM
Strife350z

Originally posted by Zquicksilver
What do you do if your going to swap out your bling, bling with your stockers every winter?
I don't bother doing an alignment... my winters cost very little compared to my 19" tires ... I keep the car aligned for my "summer" setup

phoenix... suspension settings aren't changing, they're remaining the same... what IS changing is the width of the tire. Stock is 225/245... VaZee has upgraded to 245/275 (and also undoubtedly changed wheel offsets in the process)
Old 10-27-2004, 11:38 AM
Zquicksilver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't bother doing an alignment... my winters cost very little compared to my 19" tires ... I keep the car aligned for my "summer" setup

phoenix... suspension settings aren't changing, they're remaining the same... what IS changing is the width of the tire. Stock is 225/245... VaZee has upgraded to 245/275 (and also undoubtedly changed wheel offsets in the process)

Thanks for the help. I guess I will wait until spring to get the alignment when I drop it, which is going to cost more money but o'freakin well. These new tires are only staying on for about a month then OLD MAN WINTER WILL BE HERE. I hope there isn't too much wear on the winter tires because the difference will be almost .75" in diameter.

295/35/19 vs 225/50/17 in rear...?