Good/Bad Dealers in Maryland?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2002, 07:47 PM
Want-a-Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Good/Bad Dealers in Maryland?

I'm about to place an order. Can anyone share good/bad
experiences with specific Dealerships in Maryland? For
example, did your car arrive when the dealer said it would?
Were there any extra charges thrown in or games played?
Any advice?

Thanks a lot!!!

(Go Orioles! Man this game is taking forever... 15th inning...)
Old 09-23-2002, 07:52 PM
blueshift
Charter Member #83

Carmax, Whitemarsh, MD is selling all Z's $100 under MSRP...try and find a better deal anywhere....highly recommended...no BS...decent dealer communication, great buying experiance.

-Andrew
Old 09-25-2002, 07:15 PM
flynnibus
Z Flier

Talking

I put a deposit down on a backed out order at Nationwide in Timonium. Expected first week of Nov.

Very good buying experience so far.. not pushy.. very straight forward.. the guy even took good care of keeping my kids entertained with candy/balloons, etc.. The guy was knowledgable about the car, and the details. He even showed me the kit that comes with the car.. some felt box with a personalized book, CD, etc. Looks like it will be a nice coffee table book.

My sales rep called today verifying my VIN.

I know he also had 2 more in this group that should come at the same time.. a red and white touring 6MT as well.

Ordering completely from stratch will put you back into Jan/Feb from what people told me.. I recommend calling around and checking what cars they have coming in that are not spoken for (back outs, etc).

Only one dealer in the area I found had cars on the lot, and that was in Tysons in VA. However, the dealership there was really a pain in the a$$. Crazy mark ups too.

I really wanted a daytona blue touring.. but could not find any around.. most dealers were saying no one was ordering those.. so I went for my second choice a super black touring w/black leather.. because it was my 2nd choice, and I could get it soon.

I spoke to at least 4 dealers, and what these guys said on the first answer always meshed with what I had researched, or asked around on.. which made me feel better. I guess I can answer more when I actually get the car

My buddy ordered from Brown's Nissan in Fairfax.. but he hasn't gotten any firm delievry info from them. He ordered late August.

I recommend shopping dealers for what they have coming in the next 2-3 months.. everyone I spoke too (except in tysons) would take orders or purchases on incoming orders at MSRP. New cars are popping up all the time, due to people backing out.. so there are lots out there, just have to be there at the right time. So calling around pays off.

As of Saturday, I know my dealer had 2 more like mine still available. Email me at flynnibus@yahoo.com if you'd like details on the rep, etc. They do pay a referal fee, so I'd appreciate if you'd use my info.

And no.. my message is not based on the referal.. I researched alot, and just passing along what my buying experience was.

I do recommend going calling Rosenthal in Tysons though if you want see one.. I was indecisive on the 350z (was still fighting my wife for a M3) but once I saw it and sat in it.. I was sold.
Old 09-25-2002, 07:23 PM
brackethead

I highly recommend VOB in Rockville. I pre-ordered at MSRP, it arrived when he said it would (of course there was a lot of uncertainty until about a week before), and they treated me great. Speak to David Church, the sales mgr. I don't know if they have any canceled orders, and I'm pretty sure they will put them on the market at 3K over MSRP.
Old 09-25-2002, 07:24 PM
lazyZ

CarMax in White Marsh!! An excellent experience from pre-order in Feb to delivery in early Sept. $100 below MSRP. When I tried to pre-order my Z in Feb at Nationwide on York Rd. they were adding a $2000 premium over MSRP and thought it seemed perfectly appropriate to do so. Obviosuly, I walked away and wemt to CarMax. I don't know what Nationwide's deal is now, but I can't say enough good things about my experience at CarMax.
Old 09-25-2002, 07:39 PM
rockit

I ordered from Rosenthal Nissan of Gaithersburg, and their service was great, from the initial order back in February, to delivery this past week. I would get an update call just about every 6 weeks.

I didn't get very many goodies that seem to be making the rounds, but its alright ... I have my car, and am loving every second of it.

They threw in 3 free oil changes, 2 gas fillups, and some other "freebies" to keep my happy.

Sales Manager was C.C. Sloan and the Sales Rep was Isa Williams, both very helpful and courteous.

--rockit