Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DIRECT fit bodykits

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 03:24 PM
chrono_drift

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation DIRECT fit bodykits

New to forum, not the car world. Tried searching couldn't find anything on this. An all the companies I call know nothing about the product they sell. (Except for VIS, frank has been very patient with me over there. lol)
I have a 07 350z touring roadster.
I need a direct fit body kit. No cutting, no filler. Just, paint, clear, line up, bolt down, and go. I do drift, so it needs to be quality. I was in love with the ravager from VIS, but I was advised against it because it needs a crazy amount of fab work. My next choice is the invader 3. Anyone know of any quality kits that will require no fab work for me? (Or very little, if I have to drill or whatever fine, not trying to sand the actual part down so it's even, or glob bondo to close big gaps, and pretty against cutting/welding.) So to sum up, non stock looking direct fit bolt on body kits. Anyone know of any? Lists of known kits.. Would be a huge help! Thanks in advance. =)
(And yes, I know they all say "Good fitment, etc etc..." none of them mean it. lol)
Old 01-29-2015, 03:27 PM
chrono_drift

Also, budget is 0-$2300(just for the kit, I'm leaving rest for paint/paying myself for labor. lol)
Old 02-04-2015, 12:33 PM
vex008

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Shine has good quality parts.
Aerosync front might be a good option.
Old 02-04-2015, 04:46 PM
IcanHaz

Replica anything 95% of the time can't beat the fitment of genuine parts. With your budget though, I would suggest shine auto, they make good replica parts with from what i've seen have very good fitment.
Old 02-11-2015, 01:40 PM
dvo

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

So you want it to fit like a premium kit but you don't want to pay the premium price? If you're looking at VIS or Extreme Dimensions stuff...

Old 02-15-2015, 09:21 PM
Conzilla

Outcast garage parts have amazing fitment. Chris is a perfectionist and it shows. Call him and tell him Conrad sent you.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:09 AM
boamedt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why is it so hard to make a perfect fitting aftermarket bumper? i dont get this. if the mold can be made(ie the oem one) why cant it be made to the exact fitting specs of the oem equipment?
Old 02-17-2015, 12:57 PM
iideadeyeii

Received 442 Likes on 358 Posts

Just get a urethane kit. Probably around $1000 imo
Old 02-17-2015, 08:18 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by boamedt
why is it so hard to make a perfect fitting aftermarket bumper? i dont get this. if the mold can be made(ie the oem one) why cant it be made to the exact fitting specs of the oem equipment?
Because building a quality mold costs money, use of expensive high quality materials, requires highly talented individuals with the know-how, takes up more time for production. Most of the aftermarket companies want to move as many cheap production crap fitting kits as possible in the shortest amount of time for a wide range of vehicles for as little money as possible.
Old 02-19-2015, 05:18 AM
Phenom
Toasty

Received 1,382 Likes on 990 Posts

Originally Posted by boamedt
The way I understand it, they don't just fill a mold with material, remove the mold and voila, perfect part with consistent tolerances. They create a rough part using the mold which is then followed by a fair amount of necessary trimming and modifying by hand before being sent to the consumer. This final work by hand is often done hastily as production budget is low.
Old 02-19-2015, 05:21 AM
Phenom
Toasty

Received 1,382 Likes on 990 Posts

Originally Posted by dvo
So you want it to fit like a premium kit but you don't want to pay the premium price? If you're looking at VIS or Extreme Dimensions stuff...

lol almost every extreme dimensions part I've seen has fit like crap, but I thought VIS was hit or miss. I wish Shine made a larger variety of parts. That's one rep company and owner (Ken) that I respect.