Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Z owner - body kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 07:24 AM
deRyggeby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New Z owner - body kit

Looking for suggestions on reasonable priced non junk body kits. Of course my luck, I like the looks of the Duraflex R35 kit but I have not seen great reviews on a true fit. In fact I've seen the complete opposite. I'm sure there have been hundreds of discussions on the topic of body kits, just hoping someone could help out a newbie. Thanks
Old 12-21-2016, 09:05 AM
APTech
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

We manufacture urethane body kits, which are backed by a limited lifetime warranty. Also they are virtually unbreakable .

Check out our threads for pics.
Old 12-21-2016, 10:20 AM
DACodeRed

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by deRyggeby
Looking for suggestions on reasonable priced non junk body kits. Of course my luck, I like the looks of the Duraflex R35 kit but I have not seen great reviews on a true fit. In fact I've seen the complete opposite. I'm sure there have been hundreds of discussions on the topic of body kits, just hoping someone could help out a newbie. Thanks
For the love of god, do not get a R35 kit. You own a Nissan 350Z, don't act like it's something it's not. There are plenty of genuinely good kits out there, and even more unique parts that you can mix and match. I'll get some links in a bit, but don't buy anything from Duraflex, the fitment is crap 90% if the time. Also be wary of Extreme Dimensions and Carbon Creations, I've heard some horror stories and some success stories. A lot of the time you get what you pay for.

Best of luck, and I'll try to get some links for you in a little.
The following 4 users liked this post by DACodeRed:
bmccann101 (12-21-2016), deRyggeby (12-21-2016), Lumpy350z (12-28-2016), PP08HR (12-21-2016)
Old 12-21-2016, 02:01 PM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

Shine Auto Project makes parts that are durable and fit well. Their site doesn't have the most detailed pics, though, so you'll have to search to get an idea of what they look like. As stated above, don't buy Duraflex cr@p, and please don't get a fugly R35 kit. Most times, less is more when it comes to body kits, so avoid anything extreme.
Old 12-21-2016, 05:13 PM
DACodeRed

I was going to compile a list of different body kits, but while doing my research I cam across this site: http://www.g35turbo.com/Nissan-350Z-Body-Kits.html. Which seems to have the fullest list of body kits now that http://nissan350zbodykit.com/ is no longer around.

Here's my list that I had made prior to finding that site, there's going to be some overlap.
Full Kits
  • Blitz
  • ChargeSpeed
  • C-West
  • Do Luck
  • Garage Mak
  • Impul
  • Nismo
  • Origin
  • Shine Auto Project
  • Stillen
Wide body Kits
  • Bensopra
  • Power House Amuse
  • Rocket Bunny
  • Stardast
  • Top Secret

There might be some that I'm missing, but I think I did a pretty good job at getting most of them.

Also as my 2c, I'd recommend mixing and matching parts. It'll give your car a unique look rather than getting just one kit that everyone else can buy.

Best of luck, and if you need any help there's a lot of really talented and knowledgeable people around here. I look forward to seeing what you actually go with.

Last edited by DACodeRed; 12-21-2016 at 05:20 PM.
The following users liked this post:
deRyggeby (12-21-2016)
Old 12-21-2016, 05:59 PM
deRyggeby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is an intense list and I have a ton of looking to do. I do like the idea of mixing and matching. I will let you know my decision and may have a few more questions.
Old 12-21-2016, 08:09 PM
DACodeRed

You can find most if not all of the parts at these sites:
bulletproofautomotive.com
coderedperformance.com
conceptzperformance.com
z1motorsports.com
Old 12-21-2016, 08:14 PM
Nismo Ninja

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Like everyone has said, do not get that POS ugly kit. +1 for APTech.
The following users liked this post:
APTech (12-22-2016)
Old 12-22-2016, 06:39 AM
jdmfetish

Received 125 Likes on 94 Posts

you used the term reasonable price , so about 1/2 dozen suggestions you can omit from post # 5