Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Removal Of The EVAP System

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 06:08 PM
GreenGoblin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by phunk
at least the canister is in the rear on this car... otherwise i would have removed it long ago. most cars have it up in the bay just looking all ugly... all we have is a simple line with a single solenoid on it and a 2 wire plug... this engine bay is so freakin ugly that that one thing is hardly a concern of mine... and im super OCD about clutter in the bay... but i found a million other ways to get rid of it.

quamen im also in the middle of a wire tuck, my harness is all open right now, loving it... man the factory routing is just plain stupid. i like how it comes full circle to end with the injector harness plug, and its like 1" away from where the harness is on the passenger side anyway... whats with the f'ing big *** loop around the engine? it should have all stayed in the back... thats where mines going!
Ya I did my wire tuck a couple months ago, that is why I am no a mission to get rid of anything else that I can...
Old 06-28-2009, 05:04 AM
Quamen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by phunk
at least the canister is in the rear on this car... otherwise i would have removed it long ago. most cars have it up in the bay just looking all ugly... all we have is a simple line with a single solenoid on it and a 2 wire plug... this engine bay is so freakin ugly that that one thing is hardly a concern of mine... and im super OCD about clutter in the bay... but i found a million other ways to get rid of it.

quamen im also in the middle of a wire tuck, my harness is all open right now, loving it... man the factory routing is just plain stupid. i like how it comes full circle to end with the injector harness plug, and its like 1" away from where the harness is on the passenger side anyway... whats with the f'ing big *** loop around the engine? it should have all stayed in the back... thats where mines going!
I just finished taping and looming everything up this weekend for my tuck. You can still see some stuff but it is a night and day difference. I ended up doing it because I moved my alternator to the driver side, all the o2 sensors to the passenger side (single 4" downpipe) and in the end there was no better time to do it. My throttlebody wires were about 3 feet to long.

You can see in the below picture about the extent of the wiring that you will see which is the ignition coils and the the variable cam solinoids or whatever their called.

I actually thought the wire tuck was really easy to do on this car.
Old 08-10-2015, 06:26 PM
Speednz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Quamen
I just finished taping and looming everything up this weekend for my tuck. You can still see some stuff but it is a night and day difference. I ended up doing it because I moved my alternator to the driver side, all the o2 sensors to the passenger side (single 4" downpipe) and in the end there was no better time to do it. My throttlebody wires were about 3 feet to long.

You can see in the below picture about the extent of the wiring that you will see which is the ignition coils and the the variable cam solinoids or whatever their called.

I actually thought the wire tuck was really easy to do on this car.
Whoa where is your core support!?!? My car would look 1000 times better if I somehow eliminated the core support, just made brackets to hold radiator or what?
Old 08-11-2015, 01:30 PM
eZg

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts

Ogie's
Old 08-11-2015, 06:08 PM
Conway_160

Received 341 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by eZg

Ogie's
Man that is so clean, I wish I had that kind of fabrication skills.
Old 08-12-2015, 07:03 AM
Speednz

Default Removal Of The EVAP System

Wow. Take my money please!?
Old 08-12-2015, 08:03 AM
eZg

Yea....I think it was Tim at SFR that did it. They never returned my call.

My shop said it would take THOUSANDS of dollars.

Best part was a quick release system to remove front bumper.

What I wouldn't give for that...
Old 08-12-2015, 08:26 AM
eZg

Meatbag's.....
The following 2 users liked this post by eZg:
350Z_Al (08-18-2015), BORNGEARHEAD (03-17-2023)
Old 08-18-2015, 12:43 PM
ogiehooker

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default core support

Here's some better photos of the core support and quick release front bumper fittings.
Attached Thumbnails Removal Of The EVAP System-powdercoated-core-support-installed-oil-coolers-only.jpg   Removal Of The EVAP System-front-bumper-quick-release-tab-passenger-side-closeup.jpg   Removal Of The EVAP System-front-bumper-quick-release-installed-drivers-side.jpg   Removal Of The EVAP System-powdercoated-core-support-oil-coolers-ic-radiator-unistalled.jpg  
Old 05-06-2016, 04:44 AM
OhioStyles

bumping this old thread.

so who all has removed the canister and what did u do with the evap lines? i cut the one running towards the engine bay to fit my feedline in that slot; planning on plugging that one. also, what lines are you guys plugging up and which line do u filter with a check valve? im not sure which is vent and which is not. cant find the info anywhere except the my370 thread.
Old 03-16-2023, 02:47 AM
Graxxy

Originally Posted by GreenGoblin
lol if it does not make the car faster then it goes in the garbage....
Absolutely right
Old 03-16-2023, 03:40 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,049 Likes on 6,515 Posts

Originally Posted by Graxxy
Absolutely right
you responded to a 14 year old post