Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

350z VQ or HR

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 09:08 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by doug
the sad part is that you can't understand we are trying to help you in your goal process of FI on a stock motor.. since Alberto and i have been FI for 3 years for myself and 4 or more for Alberto..we seen it all in this forum.. we are trying to help YOU on your goals.. again if you feel you want to set your goal at 500 whp with limited data for your stock block.. thats fine..

but again.. an HR has already blown up at Forged with 500 whp.. personally i would set my goals 30 to 40 whp lower than that.. unless you have a spare block laying around.. then go for it
Well said, too bad these 2 guys dont seem to get it. It wasnt all for nothing though Doug, a few people PM'd me asking for advice and I gave them exactly what I have since posted here. At least we "saved" some people from buying into the hype...
Old 03-11-2009, 09:08 AM
Carbon-Z
Sleeps in 350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alberto
These numbers games happen with new models, redesigned engines, etc. They happen all the time. Generally like most things engines evolve, in turn the can handle more power. How much more? Only TIME and several different owners and conditions will tell. Not enough time or owners have tested the HR's to call out any number as safe.

Well over 100 DE's were boosted when the agreed limits were 450whp on this forum. That was "the number" at the time of my stock block boost endeavor. I tuned to under 400whp, and BOOM after 3000 miles!

Many cars had now been built by reputable shops when I decided to build my block and raise the boost-(THIS IS WHEN 500whp BUILT was the **** btw). My block was seen as the hottest $hit since sliced bread by 99% of the community AT THE TIME, including numerous respected vendors. It was advertised as tested and built to hold 1000whp. I drove it at 525whp 90% of the time and BOOM after 9000 miles and stupid amounts of $$$$.

The point Im trying to make is, DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING you read from shops, even the respected ones. Look at it like this...

Shop A boosts an HR and brags it holds 500whp fine

Shop B boosts an HR and brags they are running 400whp safely

Who do 95% of people go to? Now do you get my point?

Good luck with your project, I hope by the time Sharif decides to tune your car you would have learned from others mistakes and decided to not back up what you believe to be true right now.
And your motor was built from a shady vendor on this site. So who would expect it to last that long. LOL!
Old 03-11-2009, 09:09 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by warmmilk
really?

any more info on it?
https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...expirence.html
Old 03-11-2009, 09:10 AM
jimpactmfsc

Well said, too bad these 2 guys dont seem to get it. It wasnt all for nothing though Doug, a few people PM'd me asking for advice and I gave them exactly what I have since posted here. At least we "saved" some people from buying into the hype...
u seem to be missing my posts
Old 03-11-2009, 09:10 AM
Carbon-Z
Sleeps in 350Z

Really? But let's see...who are the two that were doing the name calling. You and Alberto.

the majority of high post count users have been banned multiple times from this forum.. what exactly is your point?

if anyone is showing aggression in this thread its you.. so if anyone is trying to start an E-Fight its you.

I would love to know the list of sites i have been banned from.. since you are the holder of such great knowledge.. and really.. is being banned from a site any indication of anything? it just means you had a disagreement with the moderators/admins... if you have never had a disagreement with anyone then i guess you are too much of a p... to express your opinion.. maybe you are like sheep.. you just follow the flock.. hell if i know
Old 03-11-2009, 09:11 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Originally Posted by Carbon-Z
And your motor was built from a shady vendor on this site. So who would expect it to last that long. LOL!
Your lack of knowledge, EXPERIENCE, and common sense should keep you away from this section of the forums. You cannot win one disagreement here, you only win inside of your head.
doug

do you have anything of substance to add to this thread? or are you going to keep taking cheap shots for your own entertainment..

in case you havn't noticed.. this is the FI Forum.. we don't do things for "lulz" in this forum.. we talk about real performance and how it will help/hurt people and the right steps to take.. if you are looking for a circle jerk and having lulz.. head back to the OT Forum
doug

Really? But let's see...who are the two that were doing the name calling. You and Alberto.
what name did i call you?
jimpactmfsc

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...rformance.html

both sides of the story should be told if told at all.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:12 AM
Carbon-Z
Sleeps in 350Z

And post 21 in that link answers it all. The guy had issues already with his motor it wasn't because the HR can't handle the boost.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:12 AM
doug

Originally Posted by jimpactmfsc

no discredit to Sharif.. i love Sharif.. the point was an HR Motor let go at 500 whp .. and since it IS possible.. no one should set their stock goal at 500 whp.. the fact is an HR CAN let go at 500 whp..
Old 03-11-2009, 09:14 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

i understand you have good intentions man,like i said if im offending you then i apologize,but no need for calling someone a nuthugger,stupid,etc. im still working on details for what i want exactly and havent spoken to shariff about it yet other than mentioning to him im looking into the gtm kit,so my power goal may end up being different.

All this arguing and you havent even decided on a kit or power goal? I practice what I preach, people dont like to hear it sometimes, but Ive always been honest on this site.

Be a man and boost your car to 500whp because YOU BELIEVE IT TO BE SAFE, then do me a favor and mention "Alberto-you were right" in your "I blew my car the fawk up" thread....
Carbon-Z
Sleeps in 350Z

Your lack of knowledge, EXPERIENCE, and common sense should keep you away from this section of the forums. You cannot win one disagreement here, you only win inside of your head.

Really? By these posts you say I don't have the knowledge? I have been into cars for 25 years. I have boosted cars, raced cars professionally, you name it I have been there. So how do you know I have a lack of knowledge. Oh wait, thats right it's the Alberto better than everyone attitude again.
doug

And post 21 in that link answers it all. The guy had issues already with his motor it wasn't because the HR can't handle the boost.
this shows how un-intelligent you are and that you can't comprehend

Originally Posted by Sharif
Your rods must have been damaged/defective from the start becuase there is no way that 10psi'ish of boost is going to bend a VQ37HR rod after less than 10 dyno pulls buddy.
If that doesn't tell you what we are saying that some HR's maybe weak from the factory and can't handle 500whp i don't know what else will

thank you for proving our point
jimpactmfsc

no discredit to Sharif.. i love Sharif.. the point was an HR Motor let go at 500 whp .. and since it IS possible.. no one should set their stock goal at 500 whp.. the fact is an HR CAN let go at 500 whp..
this is true, but it should be pointed out that his motor was a faulty one from the very beginning.

edit: sorry doug, didnt see your last post
Old 03-11-2009, 09:15 AM
Carbon-Z
Sleeps in 350Z

do you have anything of substance to add to this thread? or are you going to keep taking cheap shots for your own entertainment..

in case you havn't noticed.. this is the FI Forum.. we don't do things for "lulz" in this forum.. we talk about real performance and how it will help/hurt people and the right steps to take.. if you are looking for a circle jerk and having lulz.. head back to the OT Forum
How do you call yourselves helping others when all you do is get into Ethug contests with Alberto and not offer real advice.
GodSendsDeath

Alberto who owns a FI DE Z, and who has blown his **** up I guess and had a ton of experience unlike me. He is just saying you never know for sure, and he is saying this because there have not been enough HR motors to determine that 500whp is the magic safe number. Also, people seem to forget how much 500whp really is, and that the DE and HR come with pretty much the same power stock. So yeah..... I guess this will be more confusing and I will be bashed but thats okay you are a idiot!!!
doug

this is true, but it should be pointed out that his motor was a faulty one from the very beginning.
Exactly what we have been trying to tell you.. like we here on this forum have been finding out for years.. VQ's are equally the same..

some DE's let go at less than 400 whp.. some VQ's ran strong above 450 whp..

the fact is VQ's weren't built for boost.. so anything is possible.. so who knows how many other VQ's were built like this one
Old 03-11-2009, 09:16 AM
jimpactmfsc

All this arguing and you havent even decided on a kit or power goal? I practice what I preach, people dont like to hear it sometimes, but Ive always been honest on this site.

Be a man and boost your car to 500whp because YOU BELIEVE IT TO BE SAFE, then do me a favor and mention "Alberto-you were right" in your "I blew my car the fawk up" thread....
if i boost to 500 whp and blow my car up, i will indeed honor you with such a thread
Old 03-11-2009, 09:16 AM
Carbon-Z
Sleeps in 350Z

Exactly. Not one HR has failed yet that didn't have a pre-existing condition.

Quick Reply: 350z VQ or HR