Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

trouble with aps tt and built engine burning alot of oil

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 06:07 AM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan Edwards
Yea true but it's my problem now so I may as well have broke it lol. Good thing is however motor is out tomorrow provided I can stay awake and motivated. Got moved to third shift and still trying to adjust.
Yeah. At least you're taking it in stride! Be careful with the power steering lines when you pull it out. I seem to always kill them. But they are very cheap to replace if you get some brake line from Napa and just bend it into place
Old 02-11-2015, 03:29 PM
Ryan Edwards

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So it's almost out just got to undo engine mounts, tranny mounts, disconnect clutch and drive shaft.. just ran out of steam that day. Question though. I know they're hydraulic clutch system when you go to disconnect it from the clutch fork do I have to drain the fluid out to get it all apart or would I be able to unbolt it without draining. So far the plan is to get the car running make sure it works and swap it over to my 350z so don't want to waste fluid to just do it again later
Old 02-11-2015, 04:16 PM
Conway_160

Received 341 Likes on 280 Posts

I know on my 04 G35 all i have to do is Unbolt my slave cylinder on the side of my transmission and pull it off.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:33 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Yeah if you undo the two bolts on the slave you can just tuck it out of the way.
Old 02-14-2015, 11:55 AM
Ryan Edwards

Default Its out!!

Alright got it out finally with the help of my father to guide it I can see why shops charge so much but still to expensive lol. Any ways cleaning up the garage and spending some time with family today. So maybe tomorrow I'll get part of it dismantled 😊
Attached Thumbnails trouble with aps tt and built engine burning alot of oil-imag0101.jpg   trouble with aps tt and built engine burning alot of oil-imag0098.jpg   trouble with aps tt and built engine burning alot of oil-imag0100.jpg   trouble with aps tt and built engine burning alot of oil-imag0102.jpg   trouble with aps tt and built engine burning alot of oil-imag0099.jpg  

trouble with aps tt and built engine burning alot of oil-imag0097.jpg  
Old 02-14-2015, 09:09 PM
Ryan Edwards

So got bored after awhile and started tearing it down cams look alright valves don't exactly look bent on the intake side. Gonna pull the clutch off and get it on a stand. It's got the carbonetics clutch which I'm guessing to remove it you have to disassemble the pressure plates and the clutch discs?
Attached Thumbnails trouble with aps tt and built engine burning alot of oil-imag0111.jpg   trouble with aps tt and built engine burning alot of oil-imag0107.jpg   trouble with aps tt and built engine burning alot of oil-imag0106.jpg  
Old 02-15-2015, 04:41 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ya the turbos are shot...

i talked to these guys before and seemed legit. plus you can uograde your wheels to billet
www.workturbochargers.com

Originally Posted by Ryan Edwards
Alright got it out finally with the help of my father to guide it I can see why shops charge so much but still to expensive lol. Any ways cleaning up the garage and spending some time with family today. So maybe tomorrow I'll get part of it dismantled 😊
Old 02-15-2015, 01:23 PM
Ryan Edwards

Originally Posted by str8dum1
ya the turbos are shot...

i talked to these guys before and seemed legit. plus you can uograde your wheels to billet
www.workturbochargers.com
Yea I figured that much. I'll call the people at that site on Monday I talked to one of the sales reps from jwt about the rebuild kit. Though it's just the whole cartridge for 600 a piece...
Old 02-17-2015, 01:17 PM
Glex25

I got my APS turbos upgraded to GT3071R with Billet wheels by BlouchTurbo.

Since you have the APS Extreme manifolds which came in the later APS TT Kit I'm guessing you got the cheaper turbos APS went with

Last edited by Glex25; 02-17-2015 at 01:21 PM.
Old 02-19-2015, 08:27 AM
Ryan Edwards

Originally Posted by Glex25
I got my APS turbos upgraded to GT3071R with Billet wheels by BlouchTurbo.

Since you have the APS Extreme manifolds which came in the later APS TT Kit I'm guessing you got the cheaper turbos APS went with
I couldn't tell you lol. The turbos it came with have the water jackets but it's been too cold to go out to the garage and take a look at the serial numbers. Those turbos you linked sent me to Amazon for a new set of ball bearing turbos anybody use those. I'll post of picture if it didn't link it to the right page