Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Window Problem, Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 10:14 PM
kennyy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Problem, Please Help!

Hey guys today i was installing speakers and LED lights. Keep in mine this isn't the first time I do this, especially on a Z. Anyways, was i was finishing up I was putting the top up (roadster) and closing the windows. I tried closing the passenger window and it didn't close. I thought it was locked at first but it wasn't. I tried every method I could possibly think of, i.e. closing it from the driver door, using the key to turn the lock and close it, I even went as far as taking the whole door panel off again to see if i forgot to connect anything but nothing.

I then realized the door lock (button that locks all doors) on the passenger side didn't work either. When I turned on the car those buttons usually light up just like any Z, but they don't like up at all. I know for a fact its not the window motor, because the button itself is not lighting up nor does it make any sound at all from the motor. I took apart the door panel and checked the motor anyway and nothing. The weird thing is, from the master switch (driver door switch) the lock button locks all doors, but doesn't bring the passenger window down.

I checked all the fuses and they all look good, I checked the BCM fuse under the hood and replaced it with another one that I have and still nothing.

What could possible be the issue, I know its not the switch either (or atleast I think I don't) because the master switch on the driver door doesn't bring the window up (but locks all doors).

Can this be the BCM, I didn't lean too much on that because every single light in the car (dome, speedometer, license plate lights, headlights, taillights etc) work fine but I'm running out of options.

Im going to try another 350z passenger switch tomorrow to see if that helps, but I doubt it will.

Can anyone point me to what this could be? I apologize for the super long thread but I really needs your guys/girls input.

Thanks in advance
Old 11-22-2015, 03:13 AM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,594 Posts

From what I remember doing my pass side window cleanout, even driver side switch will not move passenger window if the pass switch is disconnected. If you're sure it's all connected and fuses checked maybe the switch is the next step.
When something like this happens, I usually try to understand what changed.gl
Old 11-26-2015, 05:22 AM
Joe clan

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

First get a volt meter and check if you have power going to the switch. If you do than it must be the switch or window motor.

Last edited by Joe clan; 11-26-2015 at 05:25 AM.
Old 11-26-2015, 06:12 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

Did you run new speaker wire and over drill the plastic molex thing?
Old 11-26-2015, 07:28 AM
beezee

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe clan
First get a volt meter and check if you have power going to the switch. If you do than it must be the switch or window motor.
That's exactly what you should do first
Old 12-01-2015, 03:40 PM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

Have someone follow your car and look at the LED lights over your license plate. If they're flickering like crazy, then your BCM is getting a bad signal. Not all LEDs work on the Z. That Chinese ebay crap isn't worth the paper they make the envelope out of.

Like dboyz said, if you put new speaker wire in, check the molex connector.

I'd put all the lights back to OEM and see if the window works. If not, then visit this thread and read away (hint: You need a new window motor)

https://my350z.com/forum/maintenance...dow-motor.html
Old 01-20-2016, 10:39 AM
new350zguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you ever find a fix? I am experiencing all of the same issues also after I installed new speakers and cannot figure out the issue