New Owners Welcome to the Family!

New Nismo Owner - #0179

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 01:00 PM
Cornfed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Nismo Owner - #0179

Hastings, NE - 2007 Nismo - #0179

Just recently purchased this from my Dad(2 months ago), who moved on to something more comfortable and roomy - a 2014 Camaro "Hot Wheels" Edition. Yup.

Anyway, needless to say I got a wonderful deal on the car. Sorry!!! Planned on purchasing it from him for the 4 years/6K miles he owned it. Patience is a virtue.

15K miles on car. "Basically" stock. Tinted tail lights, aftermarket stereo head unit. Very minor things which can be undone.

Couple pics attached. First pic not edited. Sorry. Loving the car so far. First auto-x this next weekend.
Attached Thumbnails New Nismo Owner - #0179-img_1614.jpg   New Nismo Owner - #0179-img_1615.jpg   New Nismo Owner - #0179-img_1734.jpg  
Old 07-26-2014, 02:59 PM
NismoDude

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice pickup. congrats and welcome!

KILLER mileage. Your dad must have at least 2 other cars to have driven it so little.

Hope there are at least a few winding roads in Nebraska to be able to run the car as it was meant to be.
Old 07-26-2014, 03:19 PM
Bmurray350z

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

Congrats. Looks awesome. My fav color too
Old 07-26-2014, 04:30 PM
BigBlue

Received 186 Likes on 137 Posts

Looks like you made a real score; ultra low miles and in great shape, just broken in for you! Congrats and good luck with that hr nismo!
Old 07-27-2014, 09:17 AM
samsniss350z

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Congrats, looks nice and tidy with low miles. The best thing is, is that you know its history.
Old 07-27-2014, 07:55 PM
Cornfed

Amen to knowing its history. Nice to know it has been in a climate controlled garage for the last 4 years and barely if ever seen rain or 3K+ RPM.

It has now seen over 3K RPM.

Thanks for the other replies. This is definitely an awesome Z added to my own personal history of 3 other Zs.

1974 260Z
1986 300ZX NA
1990 300ZX TT (Stage XI)

Haven't owned one for about a decade though(31 y/o now). My dad got me hooked on them before I could drive by owning 3 different earlier model Zs himself. The Z is in the bloodline now.

To NismoDude - He owned a Harley for a portion of the last 4 or so years, but basically just likes to have a toy on the side to enjoy from time to time. The Z just became too unrealistic for him(now in his early 60's with grandkids coming to visit often including mine) being so low and not very "comfy" and only having 2 seats. The camaro is mucho bigger. Anyway he travels tons and is very busy with work, began more and more opting to take the Jeep Grand Cherokees everywhere so as not to worry about space or weather.

Again..thanks all for the welcome, I can already tell I'll be on here quite a bit as I am noticing some little odds and ends parts are going to be interesting to locate.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:46 AM
verdict.
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 648 Likes on 491 Posts

Welcome and congratulations! Nice color!
Old 07-28-2014, 08:35 AM
Unicus

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Damn family discounts! Very nice and welcome!
Old 07-28-2014, 08:29 PM
Cornfed

Originally Posted by Unicus
Damn family discounts! Very nice and welcome!
You have no idea.

Also, I am one of those "cars should only be black, white, or silver", and wouldn't you know it, I end up with a red Nismo.

And I LOVE the red color.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:12 PM
NoQuestionZ

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Another Midwest Owner!!!!! I'm in NE Iowa for right now. I would have put my dad in an early grave for that kinda deal!!!! JK

Have you gotten over to MidAmerican Motorplex to track at all yet? I REAAALLLY want to get over there but money, timing, and annoying catalytic converter problems keep alternating to keep me away

There is a site called "findtheline" and they are hosting track days in august clear til October I think... I am going to try REALLY hard to get over there this year.

Anyway, good looking Nismo and I agree about the Nismos in red...never thought I'd like em, but I was in love with my buddy's on gold SSRs
Old 07-29-2014, 04:57 PM
Bennis350

how much u buy this hoe from ur dad for
Old 07-29-2014, 05:27 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,048 Likes on 6,514 Posts

Originally Posted by Bennis350
you really did come from the shallow end of the gene pool didn't you...... like you got room to talk with your NOS sticker proudly displayed on the side of your car

btw, you should have paid attention in school... do us a favor and visit this website

https://www.hookedonphonics.com

Last edited by travlee; 07-29-2014 at 05:32 PM.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:53 PM
Cornfed

Originally Posted by NoQuestionZ
Another Midwest Owner!!!!! I'm in NE Iowa for right now. I would have put my dad in an early grave for that kinda deal!!!! JK

Have you gotten over to MidAmerican Motorplex to track at all yet? I REAAALLLY want to get over there but money, timing, and annoying catalytic converter problems keep alternating to keep me away

There is a site called "findtheline" and they are hosting track days in august clear til October I think... I am going to try REALLY hard to get over there this year.

Anyway, good looking Nismo and I agree about the Nismos in red...never thought I'd like em, but I was in love with my buddy's on gold SSRs
I really haven't been anywhere yet except for some quick parade laps at our local track, Motorsport Park Hastings, a 2.2 mile track in town. Very lucky to have it in a town of 25k people. Probably going to see if I can do a track day or 2 this year yet. For now though, Sunday is an NRSCCA auto-x and one on the 23rd as well.

Should be fun. Looking forward to what else will be in my stock class. My buddy is going with me and taking his recently purchased 2014 Focus ST. Pretty sweet little car...for a focus.

Couple pics from a recent track day - Porsche Club.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:54 PM
Cornfed

Originally Posted by Bennis350
What is wrong with you?
Old 07-31-2014, 03:57 PM
ogbobbyZ

Such a beautiful piece of machinery. Congrats on your Z!
Old 07-31-2014, 05:55 PM
NoQuestionZ

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Cornfed
I really haven't been anywhere yet except for some quick parade laps at our local track, Motorsport Park Hastings, a 2.2 mile track in town. Very lucky to have it in a town of 25k people. Probably going to see if I can do a track day or 2 this year yet. For now though, Sunday is an NRSCCA auto-x and one on the 23rd as well.

Should be fun. Looking forward to what else will be in my stock class. My buddy is going with me and taking his recently purchased 2014 Focus ST. Pretty sweet little car...for a focus.

Couple pics from a recent track day - Porsche Club.
I really want to get to MAM in Pacific Junction this year, I got a vacation to San Diego at the end of August and my GF got me the Nascar experience for Valentine's that I'm doing at the end of September in Newton.

Plus, I feel like my car isn't as dialed in as it used to be-lots of odds and ends bothering me. I feel like it gets loose from time to time around minimal corners. Plus I have had a cat issue on the passenger side, now the CEL for the driver's side is on, and finding anyone willing to work on it without smashing bumpers like the local dealer did is near impossible. Heck, I took my Z to Tires Plus to get the rear tire looked at since it had a slow leak of some sort and they referred me to another shop since they didn't even want to touch it and mess it up... Iowa sucks.

But if I go to MAM in Aug or Sept. you should join!!
Old 08-01-2014, 01:54 AM
Widdey

Welcome! Glad to have another low mile nismo added to the group. Love the red =D
Old 08-01-2014, 05:46 PM
Cornfed

Originally Posted by NoQuestionZ
I really want to get to MAM in Pacific Junction this year, I got a vacation to San Diego at the end of August and my GF got me the Nascar experience for Valentine's that I'm doing at the end of September in Newton.

Plus, I feel like my car isn't as dialed in as it used to be-lots of odds and ends bothering me. I feel like it gets loose from time to time around minimal corners. Plus I have had a cat issue on the passenger side, now the CEL for the driver's side is on, and finding anyone willing to work on it without smashing bumpers like the local dealer did is near impossible. Heck, I took my Z to Tires Plus to get the rear tire looked at since it had a slow leak of some sort and they referred me to another shop since they didn't even want to touch it and mess it up... Iowa sucks.

But if I go to MAM in Aug or Sept. you should join!!
My job keeps me very busy and I don't get alot of time off, but I will check into it. Road trip could be fun!
Old 08-02-2014, 07:50 AM
Blu Hvn

CongratZ and welcome Cornfed. Be sure to check out www.zcarsofnebraska.com They are the only Nebraska Z club (that I'm aware of) and they have a chapter in Lincoln which is still a ways for you. On Facebook they are Z Cars of Nebraska.

Although I haven't been to the Hastings track I am aware of it for many reasons. Seems like there are a lot of events in spite of it's location.

Re. Mid America Motorplex it is located right on I-29 south of Omaha maybe 20 miles. Every Friday they have an event called Fast Fridays. You take your own car onto the track. Initially, they will have an instructor with you and when he feels you "get it" you can drive on your own.

These events are technically not racing. You are grouped with other drivers at your level of experience. There are only 3 passing zones on the track and if you pass in a no passing zone, you'll get black flagged. Additionally, you cannot pass until the car ahead of you waves you buy. On a side note, I was black flagged for having a guy pass me in a no passing zone.

Enjoy!!
Old 08-02-2014, 07:55 AM
T-dizee

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

congrats! welcome!

Quick Reply: New Nismo Owner - #0179