Notices

Injected Performance brings you HALTECH PLATINUM PNP STANDALONE

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 07:29 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

There is a perfect spot for the Haltech in the passenger side footwell - even an existing bolt hole that lines up perfectly (I think for a 10 or 12 mm bolt).

I don't have access to my pics here at work, but I think Hal has them - he can post them if he gets a chance or I can post tonight.

The cable center connector is quite bulky though and just shy of fitting nicely inside the trim pieces. If the 2nd half of the cable was also a bit longer then it would be perfect cause the bulky portion could be dropped down below the Haltech. I have communicated this to Hal and provided a few pretty good pics.

In the interim I decided to cut the trim piece to make it fit (I essentially cut the back end that you can't see on my G35 trim - yikes! - but it allowed the flex necessary to allow it to snap shut in the front where it matters). The deep part is not visible.

There is more room to push the Haltech higher, but then that bolt hole won't line up... You could try that also to see if you can get the Haltech higher than where the bulky middle connector needs to go.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:38 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks Raj for posting up. Here is a picture he sent me from his G35 install:

Old 11-19-2007, 07:52 AM
rcdash

You are welcome Hal.

I actually have it upside down from that now (no recent pics though). It will go either way cause the 1st part of that cable is long which allows some different options. I figured I'd keep the USB and unused port on the bottom for easy access as I know upgrades are coming along for the Haltech...

You can see the one bolt in place, which holds the Haltech very securely because the top back corner is braced by padding/firewall.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:26 PM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info and pictures, guys!
Old 11-21-2007, 10:40 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

I don't see any mention of a tuner kit with O2 probes or anything like that. Can the Haltech monitor and log the OEM sensors like Cipher does?

Have there been any Haltech 350Z firmware updates since it was released? Any timetable on new firmware releases?
Old 11-21-2007, 06:45 PM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by __jb
I don't see any mention of a tuner kit with O2 probes or anything like that. Can the Haltech monitor and log the OEM sensors like Cipher does?

Have there been any Haltech 350Z firmware updates since it was released? Any timetable on new firmware releases?
I am not sure what you mean by tuner kit, but the Haltech is wired for two inputs from any of the normal widebands (Innovate, AEM, FJO, etc). Also, it is calibrated to display both factory widebands on the '04+ Z's, though they lose accuracy under the rich tuning conditions in FI.

There has been a firmware revision, primarily addressing some data logging features.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:11 PM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Originally Posted by Hal@IP
I am not sure what you mean by tuner kit, but the Haltech is wired for two inputs from any of the normal widebands (Innovate, AEM, FJO, etc). Also, it is calibrated to display both factory widebands on the '04+ Z's, though they lose accuracy under the rich tuning conditions in FI.
I have a normally aspirated '05 G35 with the RevUp engine and the factory widebands.

I'm trying to figure out if it would be all right to tune a Haltech with my factory widebands or if I would need (or be better off) buying a third party sensor kit.

There has been a firmware revision, primarily addressing some data logging features.
That's good news. Glad to hear that they're keeping on top of things.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:06 AM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i would never trust the factory widebands to tune a car, they just do some weird things.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:37 AM
D350Z10

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

any new software updates?
Any methanol control developed like mentioned before?
Old 11-23-2007, 07:43 AM
rb26ina240

Injected Performance is proud to announce the arrival of the Haltech Platinum series Plug and Play EMS for the 2003-06 Nissan 350z. After months of testing, the newly designed Platinum series EMS is ready for the Nissan 350z market. We have worked closely with Haltech and are now able to offer, as the US DISTRIBUTOR, the Platinum PnP EMS. With features that no other current EMS on the market offers, we feel all your tuning needs will now be taken care.

Some Key Points for the Platinum PnP EMS:
• End User Tunable (not locked like some EMS on the market)
• Sequential Fuel and Ignition Control (32x32)
• Cylinder Trim Tables for each injector and ignition coil (8x8)
• Coolant and Air Temp Correction for fuel and ignition
• Complete Intake and Exhaust Cam Control (03-05’ Intake Cam control only) (24x24)
• Configurable Load and RPM points for all tuning tables
• Tuning via MAF, TPS, or MAP
• Fuel tuning by Volumetric Efficiency (VE) or Injection Time (MS)
• Injector drivers operate both Saturated and Peak & Hold injectors
• Map Trace
• Knock Detection
• Overboost Protection
• Open/Closed Loop Boost Control
• Dual Closed Loop 02 Control
• Onboard Data Logging
• USB Communication (no outdated Serial cable required)
• New Windows Tuning Software, ‘Haltech ECU Manager’
• 32Bit Microprocessor, 55MHz
• Plug and Play Loom
• Auxiliary two-step rev limiter
• User Configurable Inputs and Outputs (coming soon in a free software update)
• Nitrous and Meth Injection Control (coming soon in a free software update)
• Knock Control (coming soon in a free software update)

In your Platinum Series PnP EMS package you will receive the following:
Haltech Platinum Series EMS with onboard MAP sensor and onboard data logging
Plug and Play Harness
USB connection cable
Software and User Manual on CD

Retail $2299

The first batch are in route now and will arrive later this week. To pre-order, please contact us to find your local dealer or order through OUR SITE HERE. You will not be charged until the units ship to you!

sounds good. so what you are offering is a standalone ecu with a patch harness and sofware?
Old 11-23-2007, 09:04 AM
rcdash

I have a 2004.5 with factory widebands as well as a Bosch O2 sensor hooked up to a TXS tuner reg. The Haltech does a pretty good job taking feedback from the factory widebands for AFR targeting under idle/cruise. The TXS Tuner Reg reads very close to the target AFR once the Haltech dials itself in. As far as I know, it does not use the factory widebands for feedback except under vacuum (idle/cruise) where the AFR target is 14.7 . Of course that could've been the way Sharif decided to set it up for me. Now that I think about it, Hal mentioned that you can have a target AFR across higher load sites, but you need to be careful with it for the reason mentioned above. Not sure how important it is to enable AFR targeting across the entire map (assuming you choose input from a trusted aftermarket O2 wideband)... (living in NC)

Last edited by rcdash; 11-23-2007 at 09:11 AM.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:25 AM
Kwame

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Guys, I just wanted to know if I linked this EMS up with the Aim MXL Strada what data would I automatically be able to view with out having to buy or hook up any additional sensors?
Old 11-26-2007, 02:44 PM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by kwame@z1
Guys, I just wanted to know if I linked this EMS up with the Aim MXL Strada what data would I automatically be able to view with out having to buy or hook up any additional sensors?
The AIM dashes are a plug+play option, and all the major functions in the Haltech are pushed to the dash: boost, air temp, coolant temp, rpm, etc. We are almost done with translating the factory CAN and will then have access to wheel speed (for boost control), oil, steering angle, etc etc.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:07 AM
Kwame

The AIM dashes are a plug+play option, and all the major functions in the Haltech are pushed to the dash: boost, air temp, coolant temp, rpm, etc. We are almost done with translating the factory CAN and will then have access to wheel speed (for boost control), oil, steering angle, etc etc.
My main question is would I be able to view fuel level and would i be able to be alerted of a "check engine light" without additional sensors?
Old 11-27-2007, 10:16 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

The AIM dash has 6 configurable alarm/warning lights, but fuel level is not used by the Haltech currently. Before long it will be available in Haltech via the nissan CAN. In the meantime, you could tap into the wires for fuel level and configure that in AIM on one of the additional inputs.

Originally Posted by kwame@z1
My main question is would I be able to view fuel level and would i be able to be alerted of a "check engine light" without additional sensors?

Last edited by Dynosty; 11-27-2007 at 10:20 AM.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:25 AM
Kwame

The AIM dash has 6 configurable alarm/warning lights, but fuel level is not used by the Haltech currently. Before long it will be available in Haltech via the nissan CAN. In the meantime, you could tap into the wires for fuel level and configure that in AIM on one of the additional inputs.
Thanks for the quick response, by the time my stroker motor is finished and I am ready for the Aim Unit I am sure the Haltech will be able to do what I am looking for.

I am definitely picking one of these up, but of course you guys probably already know that.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:07 PM
THX723

Man I must say, for the money, the Haltech is a sure winner!

CAN communication's the ticket to the new era.

R.I.P. F-Con Vpro.

Last edited by THX723; 11-27-2007 at 05:51 PM.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:15 PM
rcdash

Thumbs up UTEC vs Haltech - size comparo

I came across this photo I had taken - thought those planning installs or going from UTEC might find helpful - see attached pic. Although quite a bit more compact, the Haltech is a little thicker than the UTEC and will NOT [easily] fit in exactly the same spot the UTEC barely squeezes in to, adjacent the stock ECU.
Attached Thumbnails Injected Performance brings you HALTECH PLATINUM PNP STANDALONE-haltech-utec.jpg  
Old 11-28-2007, 05:16 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

rcdash, thanks for sharing that.

Also, here is another install, similar to yours, but in a 350Z:

Old 11-30-2007, 05:07 PM
MR RIZK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Picked up one of these ecu's the other day and also the Haltech WBO2 kit. My question is with the WBO2 kit how is this hooked up to the ecu? Is the power and ground supplied by the ecu or do I tap off the existing O2 sensor for these feeds. I assume the Analog out 2 (0-5v Output) goes to the ecu but since I have no ecu pin out diagram for the haltech it makes it a bit difficult. (Yes I know the documentation still needs to be compiled)

Also does haltech provided the WBO2 calibration maps or does the free air calibration need to be done etc.

Any info appreciated.

Quick Reply: Injected Performance brings you HALTECH PLATINUM PNP STANDALONE