Notices

Injected Performance brings you HALTECH PLATINUM PNP STANDALONE

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 08:05 AM
InjectedPerf
Sponsor
Injected Performance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We mounted the AIM Dash below the radio, right above the hazard lights. Took out the ash tray. Again, I will get pictures up today

Originally Posted by Glex25
RCDash

I currently have the AVIC-N1 custom mounted in my cubby so that real estate is already taken but if i can mount the Pista where the oem radio is with a jdm installation kit that would be great since the oem radio is not doing anything.

I would have loved to do a CarPC but I already have teh Avic with the works(6 dvd changer/12 disc cd changer/Navtraffic/XM etc...)
Old 01-21-2008, 11:05 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Originally Posted by rcdash
I will say that having a dedicated unit that starts up right away is nice too, but I went with a car PC display (the PC actually supports 2 displays, so I'm looking for a place to mount a 2nd one - so gauges have dedicated screen real estate)...
You could be the first to have gauges in your sun visor...

Old 01-21-2008, 11:48 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

^^ ha ha. real estate on the dash is definitely at a premium (at least if you want a clean look). if the aim dash is small enough, i might opt for that as well as my stock head unit works but is hardly used (occasional CD). let's see what IP's G35 installation looks like. Would love to hear any ideas for a display that is super compact (like might fit in the ash tray - like the FCON navigator - will any CAN gauge work?).

The problem with the ash tray or even stock HU location is that you have to look way down to read it. It'd be great if something could mount way up high or in an a-pillar gauge... a HUD might be nice...

Last edited by rcdash; 01-21-2008 at 11:59 AM.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:03 AM
kevinapex

Originally Posted by rcdash
^^ ha ha. real estate on the dash is definitely at a premium (at least if you want a clean look). if the aim dash is small enough, i might opt for that as well as my stock head unit works but is hardly used (occasional CD). let's see what IP's G35 installation looks like. Would love to hear any ideas for a display that is super compact (like might fit in the ash tray - like the FCON navigator - will any CAN gauge work?).

The problem with the ash tray or even stock HU location is that you have to look way down to read it. It'd be great if something could mount way up high or in an a-pillar gauge... a HUD might be nice...

I realy like that idea of a HUD, heads up disp., How could this be done?
Old 01-22-2008, 12:47 PM
rcdash

Vacuum florescent display - well any display that is bright - projected onto a reflective screen on the windshield...

Defi VSD concept is something I considered for awhile. Haven't seen much developed for the aftermarket other than that...
Old 01-22-2008, 12:52 PM
sumfknguy

sick! gonna have to look into this some more.
Old 01-25-2008, 03:20 PM
MR RIZK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Couple of quick questions with the unit if anyone can answer

• Is there any idle control
• Air/Coolant Temp correction – Is there a way to increase the X axis resolution to more than 3
• Knock – The raw data is 0-500 can anyone shed some light on this. Ie: what is considered a bad/hard knock value if there is such a thing
• Knock Threshold – Not sure if this is working yet but I don't what the values mean as there is no help for it. Is it taking out timing? The values are in percentages and it is graphing rpm vs load.
• Closed Loop – Anyone know how to change the hardcoded values
• A/F target – Just a bit of info on how this map is used
• Log Viewer - Is it out yet?

Tuning method is MAP/VE and temp is pulled from the MAF

Otherwise so far so good

Any help appreciated.

Last edited by MR RIZK; 01-25-2008 at 03:36 PM.
Old 01-25-2008, 04:47 PM
rcdash

To the best of my knowledge...

IDLE: DBW (throttle control) is not available by design - have to reflash (I use Osiris for this).
AIR/COOLANT TEMP CORRECTION: 3 x 16 (load x temp) is the maximum table size (I presume it interpolates in between, but not sure what type of interpolation) - do you need more data points?
KNOCK: not really sure and not relying on it till InjectedPerformance says it is ready to go - till then conservative tune only. Good question about what the raw knock scale represents...
CLOSED LOOP: Do you mean O2 feedback or boost control? For O2 there is an AFR table (8 x 8 submap with target AFR) designed for use primarily at low load (idle, cruise).
AFR table: as above. I have been warned that use under load conditions is tricky so I have not changed the column axes setup (targets for vacuum conditions only).
LOG VIEWER: Not sure - haven't played with files generated by the logger yet.

Hal will have the concrete answers, but hopefully this helps a little...

EDIT: How/where did you select the MAF IAT sensor as "the" air temp sensor? I wondered about using an air temp sensor that was actually in the manifold rather than right at the filter for corrections (the MAF is right at the filter, pre-IC, with the JWT kit)...

Last edited by rcdash; 01-25-2008 at 04:57 PM.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:06 PM
MR RIZK

AIR/COOLANT TEMP CORRECTION:

This is somthning my tuner was asking about. Got the impression that he wanted more resolution for this.

KNOCK:

Not after pure knock control but when were doing a quick tune we where keeping an eye on the internal knock sensor raw data.

CLOSED LOOP:

Currently hardcoded at 25% TPS or 5000 rpm so was wondering of anyone had any means of changing this. This info was provided by Haltech

TARGET AFR:

With this just a bit lost in what it does. What I mean is that it is not a true traget in the sense i put in 14.7 and the car will do the rest to make this happen. Just wondering what bearing this map has. Thanks for the heads up to use only on idle and cruise I will need to check this.

IAT:

My IAT is AV2. I cannot set this and assume Haltech did this for me when I asked for a base map. They also changed my Lambda 1 to AV3 which is normally MAP but since as i'm running the internal map sensor they hardcoded AV3 to be the Haltech Wideband. If you find out how to change these settings please let me know.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:34 PM
overZealous1

ordered mine yesterday. can't wait to start toying with this!!
Old 02-23-2008, 06:21 AM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2

One thing I learned when installing the Haltech software on my computer: you MUST have DirectX 9.0c installed for the program to run correctly and successfully connect to the ECU. DirectX 9.0c is included on the CD Haltech provides, but I made a mistake in the overall install and didn't install 9.0c, which caused me issues that I couldn't figure out for a while.

It's all better now, though!
Old 02-23-2008, 06:27 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Word!!
Old 02-23-2008, 01:54 PM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Originally Posted by Dave 90TT
One thing I learned when installing the Haltech software on my computer: you MUST have DirectX 9.0c installed for the program to run correctly and successfully connect to the ECU. DirectX 9.0c is included on the CD Haltech provides, but I made a mistake in the overall install and didn't install 9.0c, which caused me issues that I couldn't figure out for a while.

It's all better now, though!
It also doesn't seem to like Windows 2000. I originally installed Haltech's ECU Manager on a Win2k notebook and had problems. Upgraded notebook to XP and all was well.

It also helps to make sure you have the latest firmware version in your Haltech and the most recent ECU Manager software release.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:08 AM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2

Hal

Some user requests that you could pass on to Haltech:

1. Ability to block out engine codes from lighting the SES light. I know you mentioned they were working on getting into the CAN bus. If so, this should be easily implemented.

2. Flash the SES light when it detects knock above the threshold. Comments similiar to number 1.

3. Map selection via some sort of switch, similiar to the UTEC. I know others have mentioned it, but I wanted to echo it as well. Every aspect of the Haltech is better than the UTEC, except for this one thing.

So far, I love my Haltech, thanks for the great support!
Old 02-24-2008, 11:28 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave 90TT
Some user requests that you could pass on to Haltech:

1. Ability to block out engine codes from lighting the SES light. I know you mentioned they were working on getting into the CAN bus. If so, this should be easily implemented.

2. Flash the SES light when it detects knock above the threshold. Comments similiar to number 1.

3. Map selection via some sort of switch, similiar to the UTEC. I know others have mentioned it, but I wanted to echo it as well. Every aspect of the Haltech is better than the UTEC, except for this one thing.

So far, I love my Haltech, thanks for the great support!
1. We have cracked the OEM CAN system, with multiple channels coming through. The CEL channel has been identified, but blocking individual codes will take some time.

2. This would be much more possible, I'll talk to them about this

3. This would be easy again with CAN inputs - we can use something like pushing cruise control a number of times or for a certain period of time to activate other options (increase boost) and maps. We are looking into this for a future update, no eta yet.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:59 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Originally Posted by Hal@IP
3. This would be easy again with CAN inputs - we can use something like pushing cruise control a number of times or for a certain period of time to activate other options (increase boost) and maps. We are looking into this for a future update, no eta yet.
Some of us with RevUps use Uprev's Osiris to control the drive by wire stuff... rev limiter, etc... Osiris already uses cruise control to change maps. Not sure what would happen if you both hook the same ECU address. Possibly the OEM ECU would block the Halteck or vice versa.

This is not a complaint... just a heads-up before things get too far along.
Old 02-24-2008, 12:04 PM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by __jb
Some of us with RevUps use Uprev's Osiris to control the drive by wire stuff... rev limiter, etc... Osiris already uses cruise control to change maps. Not sure what would happen if you both hook the same ECU address. Possibly the OEM ECU would block the Halteck or vice versa.

This is not a complaint... just a heads-up before things get too far along.
Thanks for the heads up. There will be no problem with this, we just need to make sure to use a different "sequence" of cruise pushing to ensure we don't change osiris maps. My other concern is base models without cruise, maybe we will just use another input instead.
Old 02-24-2008, 12:30 PM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2

Just do what UpRev does with the Osiris: flat out state that base models need not apply...
Old 02-24-2008, 06:43 PM
MR RIZK

Originally Posted by Hal@IP
2. This would be much more possible, I'll talk to them about this
If this they can do this then we should be 1 step closer in getting the haltech switching the thermo fans on earlier.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:11 PM
rcdash

Originally Posted by MR RIZK
If this they can do this then we should be 1 step closer in getting the haltech switching the thermo fans on earlier.
Stock ECU relays for aftermarket fan control seem to work just fine for me... Let me know if this is what you meant by your comment - I can repost the diagram. I have the passenger side fan come on for "low speed" operation and both come on for "high speed" operation.

Quick Reply: Injected Performance brings you HALTECH PLATINUM PNP STANDALONE