Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

2006 Rev-Up Folks...Stillen has released our Supercharger!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 04:05 PM
skyydiver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Rev-Up Folks...Stillen has released our Supercharger!

Finally! For those of you with the 2006 Rev Up Z, Stillen has just released their supercharger just for us!!!

They were kind enough to send me the dyno #'s and the graphs, however, I can not attach it because the file is too big! I have tried it in its original pdf form. I have copied it to a word file and I have even printed the chart, scanned it back in and saved it as a jpeg. But all the files are too big!!!

Any help so we can get the numbers posted.

Thanks,
Joe
Old 08-11-2006, 04:07 PM
rookie

Do a print screen of the pdf and save as a jpg. If that doesn't work email it to me and I'll do it.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:10 PM
skyydiver

Okay...hopefully this worked.

-J
Attached Thumbnails 2006 Rev-Up Folks...Stillen has released our Supercharger!-stillen1.jpg  
Old 08-11-2006, 04:11 PM
skyydiver

rookie...i did the print screen and saved as a jpeg, but it was still too large of a file. Let me know if you are able to read the chart when you click on it.

Thanks,
Joe
Old 08-11-2006, 04:13 PM
rookie

It's readable when you click on it.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:33 PM
06Fire

Kind of hard to read but this should help. I hope I got it right.

Stock 256hp/235tq
Stage 2 317hp/296tq
Stage 2 w/dual exhaust 330hp/303tq
Stage 3 330hp/305tq
Stage 3 w/dual exhaust 345hp/318tq

Not bad numbers.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:34 PM
Osix350Z
Banned

eh..
Old 08-11-2006, 08:40 PM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

eh almost a 100 whp gain, i'd wait for carb cert from jwt or an 06 TN kit..
Old 08-11-2006, 08:40 PM
skyydiver

06Fire...those #'s are correct.

They don't seem too bad. The Torque curve is nice from 3000 - 6000

-J
Old 08-11-2006, 08:43 PM
TTRANK

Originally Posted by Vq.turbo.DremZ
eh almost a 100 whp gain, i'd wait for carb cert from jwt or an 06 TN kit..

It's not the numbers with this kit it is the powerband that is so great. The power under the curve is very high and the torque is there when you hit the gas at any rpm.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:44 PM
TTRANK

Those are good numbers. That is about what hp the stage 4 is making on the 04 engines and the tq is not too much lower.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:02 PM
MulhollandDrive

Originally Posted by skyydiver
06Fire...those #'s are correct.

They don't seem too bad. The Torque curve is nice from 3000 - 6000

-J
I agree. Today the car ahead of me suddenly hits the brakes and signals left. It is all I can do to verify the right lane is clear, signal, change lanes and hit the gas. No time to downshift. NO PROBLEM with stillen SC. Gobs of torque when you need it.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:11 PM
k3silk

Roots style blower are great power anytime you want; There not going to give you the Hp atleast for the Z it wont but fun to drive. The way i see it the stillen Blower is more like how the 350Z should have felt like stock "now that would have been great" This is good for people in Cali that have to worry about C.A.R.B, but if you dont i say go turbo. Also its been said a million time's but the Hood is what kills it for me and the fact that they use a small blower. The blower used is actually the same blower that is used on the honda prelude. Not knocking it but when you add the cost of the kit, Install then buying the hood and paint it puts it around the same price as alot of other kits that you may want to look at.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:52 PM
06Fire

For us Cali drivers I must say the stillen stage 2 blower is much more fun than the vortech, even though the vortech is the faster set up. I hear stillen is working on an m90 blower (I beleive the current blower is an m62) upgrade that will the next step after stage 4. The only thing I would be concerned with is if the blowers are still shreading belts.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:55 PM
TTRANK

Yes they are working on an M90 blower but have said it may never happen. I have a thread about it for any die hard Stillen fans.

I agree, it is a blast to drive and fun kit. It is not a HP or 1/4 monster but boy is it fun on the streets. The sound is just amazing and the low rpm power is hard to pass up.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:56 PM
06Fire

By the way, does anyone have a dyno sheet of the vortech for the revup. Their site says 300HP to 440HP and 260TQ to 352TQ.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:58 PM
TTRANK

Originally Posted by 06Fire
The only thing I would be concerned with is if the blowers are still shreading belts.

Ever since they changed to the gates belts it is not as much of an issue. If you track your car where the heat can be a problem you will still need to change them often. I have had mine since Feb. here in Phoenix and I drive my car hard. I have only changed by belt twice; once because I over-tightened it and the other time because it had a couple cracks which could have waited.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:10 AM
06Fire

Originally Posted by TIMMAHH
Ever since they changed to the gates belts it is not as much of an issue. If you track your car where the heat can be a problem you will still need to change them often. I have had mine since Feb. here in Phoenix and I drive my car hard. I have only changed by belt twice; once because I over-tightened it and the other time because it had a couple cracks which could have waited.
Well that's good to know. I work for a dealer and it seemed like the stillen Z's and titans always had belt issues. I never did a stillen install, but I did do a vortech earlier this year and it never had a problem.
Old 08-12-2006, 01:53 AM
skyydiver

I guess what it all boils down to is:

1) How you drive your car
2) What your utilmate goal for the car is
3) Are you looking for bragging rights on a dyno OR in real world application

for me:

1) I have noticed that when I drive, I typically keep my RPM's between 2000 and 5000rpms...so that is where I am going to want all my torque to be. I very rarely go above 5000rpms.

2) My car will never see the track...whether it is a auto-cross or 1/4 mile track. My car is a daily driver so the times I am going to want power is from stop light to stop light or when I am passing on the freeway. Okay, okay...and maybe an occassional throw down going down the street (note: I am not condoning street racing)

3) Dyno's are great for bragging rights; aiding in tuning your vehicle; and measuring any gains or losses achieved from a particular modification. However, the numbers mean squat in real world application. (I can feel the flames coming) I rather see what your vehicle can do in a 1/4 mile or how much time you decreased in the 1/4 mile with the addition of a modification and/or tuning. This is what really counts...real world application (too me that is...just my own opinion which I know there are a few others out there that share this same sentiment). Oh boy, I know I have just happened a can of worms...

So for me, the Stillen set up is perfect because of where it's torque curve starts and how flat it is. It all falls right in the rpm range in which I spend the MOST TIME DRIVING at. Torque comes on at low RPM's which is great for getting the car moving from a stand-still (ie. all the stop-light to stop-light driving I do) and it is there when I am cruising on the highway at around 3000 - 4000rpm (as MulhollandDrive so graciously gave a perfect example)

I agree with k3silk...the downside to this set-up is the hood...oh yeah, and having to replace the strut tower brace...not too crazy about Stillens Strut Brace. I am hoping Crawfords will work with the Stillen set up.

BTW...when I spoke with Stillen earlier today, I was informed that they have scrapped the M90 project. They were not achieving the numbers they were looking for. So...if you were waiting for the low profile blower as I was (because who really wants to spend all that extra money on a new hood), it is not going to happen.

-J
Old 08-12-2006, 06:23 AM
kevinbonds

I track my car all the time. The stillen is grerat for the track since the torque is immediate. Its like having a bigger displacment motor. The car will not win any dyno contest but sure can hang on the track with just about anything. Also as far as the belts. I have had the same belt for over 5K miles. I have tracked the car at countless times. Many times exceeding 150MPH. I dont have so much as a nick in the belt. I beleive its a tension and installtion issue. Any one whom doubts the stillen I invite them to ride along with me on a couple laps..

Quick Reply: 2006 Rev-Up Folks...Stillen has released our Supercharger!