Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

3.7?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 05:59 PM
Spoon_sports808

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3.7?

Infiniti planning 2007 G37, M37, FX37?

Nissan has registered the names "Infiniti G37," "Infiniti M37," and "Infiniti FX37" with the U.S. Trademark and Patent Office. Typically, companies register names of new products a few weeks or months before their introduction. Infiniti is widely expected to unveil a new G Coupe and Sedan at the New York Auto Show in April, based on the Infiniti Coupe Concept. It appears the company will also use the opportunity to transition from its current 3.5-liter V6 to a new 3.7-liter engine. The M and FX model lines — which currently use the same 3.5 liter engine — will also be transitioned to the new engine, but it's not clear when. So far, there is no reference to a Nissan Z coupe, nor is there any reference to a "G45" or "G40" as some fans had hoped. There is also no reference to the much-rumored Nissan 450Z." It's possible that Nissan has scrapped plans for a G45 and 450Z, and instead focused its high-horsepower efforts on the Infiniti GT-R.

source:
http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/03/...-g37-m37-fx37/

sorry if this is a repost or something.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:42 PM
HarvesterUT
Premier Member

news to me. 3.7L would allow a bit of a bump in power
Old 03-15-2006, 08:53 PM
boogiemyke

This is translated from here: http://www.auto-g.jp/news/200601/30/newcar01/index.html.

The new model skyline coupe finally appearance!
As for aerodynamic volume displacement 3700cc (2006/01/30)

Next term type skyline coupe Next term type skyline coupe

Headlight/next term type skyline coupe The projector xenon headlight of 4 light types is modelling which quite elaborated.

Side view/next term type skyline coupe Being more elegant than the current model, the next term coupe model where the impression which it shifts in upper-class oriented is strong. It is not with somewhere and it is the form which makes the word associate, Hu moth coupe. Detailed numerical value is not announced, but the body fog and that is enlarged it seems.

Rear view/next term type skyline coupe Improving the FM platform which is the FR private chassis, the glamorous body which is completed. The identity where the infinitive land was standardized is felt in the front mask and rear design and the like.

Instrument panel/next term type skyline coupe ステリングホイール of D letter design feature instrument panel. The meter letter board and each panels become metallic. Being sharp, modern impression.

Front seat/next term type skyline coupe The seat of the original design bucket type which uses the leather of white attracts the attention. The rear cockpit space is not wide. As for meter 250km/h scale.

Shift/next term type skyline coupe Perhaps the transmission of 6AT. As for shifter sliding type.
The next term skyline (in North America infinity G35) with the infinity coupe concept which is regarded inside the place only is to crack displayed that form in applause.

Manager of the NISSAN design (! ? ) So the Nakamura Humio managing director who is talked at the meeting place, if the coupe concept that, that form is expressed in one word, "you aimed toward the unique fusion of passion, imaginative power and creativity, you made the infinity design include which continues evolution", it is "the parenthesis to be good". This way when it puts out with the form, also without becoming the skyline fan, the fact that it is moved the tentacle probably is about you do not make a mistake.

Especially M45 (the Japanese name: Hu moth 450GT) with similar, design concept of the infinitive land is expressed by the L type headlight and the front mask which consists of loose 2 these bridge lines, can make personality feel. When (you observe well, it means that also the rear consists of the L type light/write + bridge line)

Nakamura furthermore added, according to word "the other car one line is worked out", the body of the glamorous one motion line which is understood at the glance, content utilizing the current G35 coupe with the concept model, is the car which it built up. As for the NISSAN side "concept you persisted to the last," you did not talk many concerning details. But, several what is presumed with collection of data on site was ascertained.

Very this coupe
New model GT - It becomes the vanguard game to R

First, it is the engine. The 3500cc twin cam of V6, VQ35 (300 horsepower) it loads the current G35 coupe, it seems that means, but this to be raised, to say and to be reshipped with the new model 200cc soup that was also the examination that VQ37 of 330 horsepower (inside the company from VQ it will modify naming in FZ). You say that and, the chassis improves the FM platform which becomes FR drive exclusive use and has diverted. The underside naturally, you will adopt the NISSAN proud multi-link which has established reputation even with the current model, next term GT - it is succeeded probably will be in R it polishes "DNA of running" securely and it means that densely is it is expected that is.
The mission had adopted 6 speeds AT of paddle shift, but the proper it is the expectation where also the manual mission is prepared. (With the premium brand, perhaps, perhaps) full-time there is also a 4WD specification,

It rises to the turntable, tries observing to the interior. Although the interior seems, the concept model is scanty to actualization characteristic a little, the aluminum was applied to accent, you can feel material feeling securely, the instrument panel which elaborated to also modelling attracts the attention.
Large-sized two connected meters are set before the seat of the bucket type, 160 miles (approximately 250km/h) to the tachometer to 9000 revolutions is imbedded to the speedometer and the left side which are cut to the right side.

Regrettable being not to be permitted, atmosphere of the seat could not experience the fact that it sits down, but it was the form in the eye which was seen, may there be a hold impression. In regard to the rear seat of two human riding in a car to the last emergency character put out strongly so, wall thickness and excessively shortage so, the foot were not wide.

The next day when coupe concept is announced, the press conference of the NISSAN brand (アージ and ニƒ…ーセントラ etc. of compact sport announcement) with again, there was a big occurrence regarding the skyline. That Carlos ゴーン CEO this time said with April New York show that the infinity G sedan is announced. That is the concept model, but with the close model, easily it is the next term skyline 4 door sedan only marketing without. It is ascertained that and, with information, as for the 4 door sedan editions in the form which precedes in the coupe, the September this year the market it introduces into October as 2007 year model.
NISSAN being serious, "waiting, the ろ! The day when the wolf smoke of IS350 and overthrow IS350 "is lifted is popular during this year.
(Sentence photograph/Yasushi male in net)
Old 03-16-2006, 05:29 AM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

3.7L with 330hp.. can't wait!
Old 03-16-2006, 03:45 PM
350Z33

Well if it has the same hp/L as the current Z then we're looking at 317hp. But I'm sure it'll have some new features and hopefully it'll be tuned a little more aggressively to bump the power up to 320-330hp. I'm really interested in what the power band will look like, and how high the redline will be. Also if the extra displacement will be from bore or stroke, or both. The VQ already has a pretty big bore, So I'm guessing it'll be the stroke. It is using a new engine family code FZ, so we could be looking at all new dimensions. It'll be sad to see the VQ name go, but I'm sure the new engine will be heavily based off of it and that it'll carry the legacy.

Does everyone like the name 370Z, It should be quick!
Old 03-16-2006, 07:32 PM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

not likey the 370Z name, but G37 sounds good to me. maybe time for me to trade up to Infiniti brand
Old 03-17-2006, 12:34 PM
350zQ45a

Originally Posted by Apexi350z
not likey the 370Z name, but G37 sounds good to me. maybe time for me to trade up to Infiniti brand

I must say as a previous Infiniti owner/current nissan owner, owning an infiniti is hands down better.

I originally loved the G and wanted one so bad, until I drove the Z and flip flopped.

Nissan better have something in store for the next Zed, because the next G is looking real good.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:47 AM
pimp1911

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by MC
while it might be called that. have you guys noticed for the last year or so nissan has pretty much dropped the "350" from advertising of the car? (although as we all know it still says it on the car.) its reffered to as nissan Z. maybe the new car might just be a "Z". i know that breaks tradition but its just a guess

I have noticed that as well.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:27 AM
jeff91ta

Based on some dyno graphs I've seen from Forgered Performance that baselined a 2007 VQ35HR, it looks like the new HR is putting out approximately 20rwhp more than the REVUP motors. To put it in some perspective he dynoed the new VQ35HR at 245rwhp... he said two weeks earlier he dynoed a REVUP with MREV2, 5/16, TP, exhaust and headers(I think)... this engine dynoed at 243rwhp.

Based on this I would definitely expect more than 320 - 330 crank from a 3.7L in the future.

We can only hope!
Old 04-04-2007, 10:46 AM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

So are we thinking '08 or '09 for a possible Z update? (Again!?!? Wow..)

I would assume '09 with a major Style facelift.

Last edited by sq40; 04-04-2007 at 10:48 AM.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:16 AM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MC
hmm, im not sure because i thought the nismo 350z would be 08 model year to kinda help carry over the Z as is for one more year, but they announced it as a 2007 going onsale june/july. so that makes me think that there could be a concept at the TAS along with the GT-R in october, because if not the next TAS is in october of 2009 and that seems a little late to debut a new Z and i couldnt see them unveiling a new Z outside of japan. so unless they wanted to wait until the 40th anniversary in 2010 but with the G37 out this year thats not logical,

oh i think the 370z will be more than a facelift. i think we are talking a new ground up design, im not saying it wont have ques from this model like the G37 does to G35 but i think we are talking all new body panels, lights suspension everything
I would hope that we would have some indications of what might be in the pipe only 9 months out or so if it is a re-designed '08 model.. But Nissan has been sneaky before. Good Call on TAS being the launch-pad for a new design, with that kind of pressure we may see a 370Z preview and be able to buy it 4-5 months later.. Very Agressive, but not impossible by any stretch.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:26 AM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

somehow 370Z just doesn't sound right.. maybe stay with 350Z but add a R or X at the end? like 350ZR or 350ZX?
Old 04-04-2007, 11:30 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 957 Likes on 722 Posts

plenty of people call it a 350zx anyway. maybe a 400z for the 40th anniversary?

Quick Reply: 3.7?