2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Venture Vs. 3M - Clear Bar

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2004, 06:11 PM
WickedKE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Venture Vs. 3M - Clear Bar

Hello:

Can someone tell me which on is better? I am going to be getting a Black 05 Z in mid december...and this is the first thing i am planning on gettting...any imput or information will help.

Thanks!
Old 11-25-2004, 08:02 PM
mgl

3m is better, IMO.
Old 11-26-2004, 12:12 AM
2003z

imho, 3m is better, llumar is best
Old 11-26-2004, 08:37 AM
Skrill

I disagree -- I had 3M Scotchcal on my BMW and it yellowed quite badly and had some imperfections. My Z has Venture it is outstanding. So I have had experience with both.

Now if they are using the 3M Aerospace stuff (that suff that is used for helicopter rotors and such) -- then I would say it's a toss-up as both films have very similar properties.

The Llumar stuff is not ready for prime time. There film is good at resisting yellowing, but it is very non-pliable and hard to work with. Result -- a crappy install.

I would go with Venture or 3M Aerospace -- then 3M Scotchcal -- then Llumar.

BTW, very, very few installers use Aerospace. Almost everyone uses the Scotchcal.

Finally -- far more important than the film (as they are all very good at protecting what's important), is the installer. Make sure you get some recommendation and see their work. Installer will make the difference between you being satisfied and you being pissed.
Old 11-26-2004, 08:50 AM
LIL RAJA

Originally posted by Skrill
I disagree -- I had 3M Scotchcal on my BMW and it yellowed quite badly and had some imperfections. My Z has Venture it is outstanding. So I have had experience with both.

Now if they are using the 3M Aerospace stuff (that suff that is used for helicopter rotors and such) -- then I would say it's a toss-up as both films have very similar properties.

The Llumar stuff is not ready for prime time. There film is good at resisting yellowing, but it is very non-pliable and hard to work with. Result -- a crappy install.

I would go with Venture or 3M Aerospace -- then 3M Scotchcal -- then Llumar.

BTW, very, very few installers use Aerospace. Almost everyone uses the Scotchcal.

Finally -- far more important than the film (as they are all very good at protecting what's important), is the installer. Make sure you get some recommendation and see their work. Installer will make the difference between you being satisfied and you being pissed.
what the man says is right. i am an xpel 3m installer and in the process of becoming venture tape installer. I think venture tape is better. they also come with lifetime warranty and they do not fade like 3M films. 3m is pretty good, but from what i have seen I would go with Venture tape on my ride. :-)

Raja
www.exoticautoconcepts.com
Old 11-26-2004, 01:28 PM
2003z

well I've had all 3 and my experience is different from yours. Venture shrunk, so my installer was unhappy with it and replaced it with 3m. I currently have llumar on the Z and the Magnum, and there is no orange peel , nor any other imperfections at all and is much less visible than the other 2. but then again, I have the best installer in the southern USA also.
Old 11-26-2004, 03:07 PM
JohnnyG35

i don't which one i got but i can show you a pic of my install. really un-noticeable.
Old 11-26-2004, 06:55 PM
WickedKE

If someone hit your front end. I am assuming you need to get a new clear coat. So how does that affect the other area of the body? As in can you tell the difference between the old and new clear coat?