Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

played with a tt supra!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2002, 10:39 AM
duncan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default played with a tt supra!!!

A supra tt was doing a u turn just before an I75 entrance ramp.I seen him the rear veiw trying to get through traffic to catch up.He sure did,as we got on ramp I dropped it to 4th(my motor only has 450 miles)traffic was clear ahead so I pulled away hit 5th as he started to gain.I swithched over to far left lane and shifted into 6th at 4000 rpm's.Once in 6th at about 105 mph hes was right on my butt.I seen him in rear view just climbing onto my butt at will.We both let off coming up on traffic.That supra has amazing pull above 100 mph.It certainly was fun and made my day to catch the attention of a BIG DOG.We may not be able to blow em away but sure can run right up there with em.
Old 11-02-2002, 10:43 AM
Tally TransAm

Default Re: played with a tt supra!!!

Originally posted by duncan
A supra tt was doing a u turn just before an I75 entrance ramp.I seen him the rear veiw trying to get through traffic to catch up.He sure did,as we got on ramp I dropped it to 4th(my motor only has 450 miles)traffic was clear ahead so I pulled away hit 5th as he started to gain.I swithched over to far left lane and shifted into 6th at 4000 rpm's.Once in 6th at about 105 mph hes was right on my butt.I seen him in rear view just climbing onto my butt at will.We both let off coming up on traffic.That supra has amazing pull above 100 mph.It certainly was fun and made my day to catch the attention of a BIG DOG.We may not be able to blow em away but sure can run right up there with em.
so let me get this straight, you downshifted to fourth while getting on a ramp going what 50, 60, maybe 70 to race. fourth is way to high a gear. you would have gone nowhere

and than you proceed to go into 6th, a highway gear, where you will have absolutely no power, and you hold off a tt supra, on the highway, while your in sixth gear

HA
Old 11-02-2002, 10:45 AM
flyz33

Bpu supra's will rape the 350z, but that doesn't mean i don't like 350z, its still a great car, just not as fast as i wanted it to be, that must of been fun anyways
Old 11-02-2002, 10:53 AM
duncan

I wasnt racing for pink slips,the guy was behind me and probably just toying with me to see what she could do.What do you think im gonna do redline it for 3 gears just cause ther is a fast car behind me.
Old 11-02-2002, 11:04 AM
Tally TransAm

I wasnt racing for pink slips,the guy was behind me and probably just toying with me to see what she could do.What do you think im gonna do redline it for 3 gears just cause ther is a fast car behind me.
so your weren't racing, you were just driving, and there was a supra driving behind you

so because of this, your car can run with a tt supra

i must have gotten a different impression from your first post

i get it
Old 11-02-2002, 11:14 AM
duncan

Tally-whacker why are you on this site if you dont think the z can run with the big boys.I had a fun experience in my NEW car thought I would share with other z enthusiasts.Not get into pissing contest with somebody driving a 4 yr. old chevy.
Old 11-02-2002, 11:20 AM
steve c

Again, this type of thing is going to be more and more common around here for the near future. For many 350Z owners this is the first somewhat fast car they have ever driven, much like the S2000 crowd they probably stepped out of Civics, Accords and Camry's.

Their perception of speed and of the 350's capabilities is skewed and incorrect, posts like this (and the various LS1 kills, M3 kills etc) will be around for a while.
Old 11-02-2002, 11:33 AM
Tally TransAm

just cause i called you out on a bs story dont get mad

i really like the 350z, ive actually test driven two of them and have two price quotes from dealers by my house because i am seriously thinking about getting one.

i am not a troll, i am on this board only to find out some more technical information about the 350z before i decide to get one of not

but if i do see some post a story that is absolute bs i am going to point it out

ryan
Old 11-02-2002, 11:35 AM
Tally TransAm

and where in florida do you live because we can line up my "4 year old chevy" against and see how fast you 350z really is?
Old 11-02-2002, 11:39 AM
Gendo Ikari

What is wrong with you people? This guy said he "played" with a Supra. He didn't say "beat," "owned," "raped," "ran," etc etc. He never said he could beat a Supra, all he said was that he caught its attention. This was not a "kill" post, just an innocent guy sharing his experiences with his Z. If you think it is a "kill" post, then you need to go back to elementary school to learn reading comprehension. Are people talkin crap to him just jealous Supra owners from another board? If you are secure with the fact that your car is faster/better/etcetc, then theres no need to post in this thread, all it does is make you seem jealous.
Old 11-02-2002, 01:59 PM
duncan

Thank you very much gendo.Your exactly correct.
Old 11-02-2002, 03:01 PM
Zmeflyby

supra tts dont need to be BPUed to rape a Z lol
good story...
Old 11-02-2002, 04:23 PM
Tally TransAm

Originally posted by Zmeflyby
supra tts dont need to be BPUed to rape a Z lol
good story...
glad to see at least one z owner agrees with me on this

ryan
Old 11-02-2002, 04:31 PM
CrazyBosnian

Tally-whacker why are you on this site if you dont think the z can run with the big boys.I had a fun experience in my NEW car thought I would share with other z enthusiasts.Not get into pissing contest with somebody driving a 4 yr. old chevy.
He doesnt drive a "chevy", he drives a pontiac, and i would also love to see a race between your "NEW" car against his 4yr old-i'm affraid that he would blow your doors off without even trying...

By the way, no offense to anyone else, i too love the way the Z looks!