Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Professional thief tried to steal my Z (pics & story)

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 04:08 AM
ZpikeZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by accordfreak
i have one of these hehehe come get me

I gotta get me one of those!!!!

Old 12-08-2004, 05:21 AM
350tre

Originally posted by Jsn350Z
That is not true at all ... The most stolen cars are Honda accord and such. Most people do not steal cars to keep. They steal them to sell off, part out, ect ect.

I don't really know how to say what I am saying, but I just don't agree.

They broke in to find something valuable and left his expensive sunglasses and other item in there? I don't think so.

Just the other day my friends shop had a Civic Si that had been stolen and stripped of anything valuable.
ok you are right about hondas being stolen the most, however, that is not what i am sying. PROFESSIONAL car thieves are not going to waste their time stealing Z's they are not that expensive of cars. when i say professional i mean the cream of the crop of thieves, not people who just steal cars a lot. for example, i am not a professional basketball player because i play basketball a lot, but kobe bryant or whoever is a PROFESSIONAL because he is the cream of the crop. get it. we are talking about different things.
Old 12-08-2004, 05:22 AM
350tre

Originally posted by Built2shredZ
As more Z's are sold they will be on the popular list of stolen cars for there parts.

I image what happen with you is they were in the process of hot wiring your car when the probably saw security crusin there way and decided to bail before they were caught. Just a guess tho..

I would say there were professionals... otherwise your car would of been jacked up if they were amatures trying to get in.. besides its only the really high end theifs that still mercedes and ferreri's, as the only way they make money is shipping the car out of the country to third world countries. The money maker is Honda Accords, Camerys and Integras. Since so many of these cars are sold there parts are extreamly valuable.
refer to 2nd post on 3rd page.
Old 12-08-2004, 05:24 AM
Megatron

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Same thing happend to my z. It happend a year ago, up by rutgers new brusnwick campus. They didn't take anything out of the car, but just cost me a lot of grief.
It cost me 800 to repair, because when they popped the door handle, they broke all type of stuff, inside the door. Plus they scratched the paint all around the door handle. I believe I had a post about this incident last year.
Afterwards I got a 2 way pager alarm. Good luck with gettin everything fixed
Old 12-08-2004, 06:00 AM
kewlii

Default Don't lock your Z

It might sound bizard, but I have never locked my Z at night. If a thief wants to get in your Z, then it doesn't matter if it is locked or not. But if it is locked, then he will do more damage to the car in the process of picking the lock. So i always leave it unlock, and it becomes a habbit now. just my $0.02
Old 12-08-2004, 06:07 AM
Risk

Default Re: Don't lock your Z

Originally posted by kewlii
It might sound bizard, but I have never locked my Z at night. If a thief wants to get in your Z, then it doesn't matter if it is locked or not. But if it is locked, then he will do more damage to the car in the process of picking the lock. So i always leave it unlock, and it becomes a habbit now. just my $0.02
Thats like saying "I leave my fly down becuase that way, I dont hve to unzip my fly to take a leak. If I zipped my fly back up, theres a chance that I could snag myself in the short and curlies, so I just leave it down."
Old 12-08-2004, 06:28 AM
HyperSprite
Mad Scientist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have never locked my Z at night
Leaving the doors unlocked didn't stop some moron from slashing the window on my spitfire to try and grab the $15 radio.

I found this, it talks about break-ins of Maximas and how Nissan knew about it and did not warn owners they had a fix.

http://www.nissanhelp.com/News/Maxim...s%20Thefts.htm
"Attorney General Harvey Sues Nissan Alleging It Failed to Provide Adequate Notice to Consumers Regarding Xenon Headlamp Thefts and Security Kits"

So even if they know it is a problem, they might not tell us, or offer us a fix.

Chris
Old 12-08-2004, 06:35 AM
kewlii

Default Re: Re: Don't lock your Z

Originally posted by Risk
Thats like saying "I leave my fly down becuase that way, I dont hve to unzip my fly to take a leak. If I zipped my fly back up, theres a chance that I could snag myself in the short and curlies, so I just leave it down."
Old 12-08-2004, 07:16 AM
NzZ

Default Re: Re: Don't lock your Z

Originally posted by Risk
Well I just leave mine down to allow "rapid access" for the ladies...but that short and curlies line made me laugh.

NzZ
Old 12-08-2004, 01:41 PM
ironviet

call me up if you know who they are. i'll join you in beating the pulp out of these ****'s. i just got into it with some sob in philly when h tried to wedge his car between 2 cars when he didn't fit. he pushed the cars out of the way with his and i flipped out. almost got the chance to beat the shiiiit out of him but too many cops are around. people like that should face the hoard of victims that want revenge. sorry *** people who don't respect cars let alone our Z's
Old 12-09-2004, 07:56 AM
herbrock17

A couple of months ago, my friend who used to work at the Verizon Wireless store on Route 22 in Union, NJ got his silver G35 coupe broken into...IN BROAD DAYLIGHT RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE STORE!?!?

Not sure why the thieves didn't successfully take the car, but his manager went to lunch and notices his TINTED WINDOWS WERE ROLLED DOWN, which he never leaves down...this guy friggin has 3 clubs- 1 autolock for the BRAKE PEDAL, 1 autolock for the CLUTCH, and 1 club for the STEERING WHEEL. Anyways, his boss called his cell to let him know his windows were down, so he went out to his car to check...

It looked like they used some file or something to jam and remove the door lock, then the windows went down and horn started sounding, then they probably saw all the autolocks and clubs and said "fu<k this"...well the body shop had to repair the dent in his door, new door lock, and the window roll up mechanism was closing too high meaning it was rubbing on the door molding for like $900.

This guy has been telling me he has been meaning to get the Viper 670XV 2-way pager alarm system like I got which has the kill switch/shock sensor stuff but he's lazy. I wouldnt be!! My Z got the alarm put on, clear bra installed when I still had my temporary plates on and lojack put on even before I took delivery on the car, AND i autolock it even in my garage! Still not completely safe but its alot better than just the OEM alarm alone. Peace all...

Last edited by herbrock17; 12-09-2004 at 08:00 AM.
Old 12-09-2004, 07:58 AM
herbrock17

By the way, I like the Viper 670XV but I always get mixed answers on how far the range is...like if I'm parked in a mall lot in the last spot, last row and I'm walking out of the mall I can disarm it which is cool...but if I'm inside the mall or in a theater you won't get $hit!! Some people say they'res works for 1/2 mile, 3/4 mile, etc, blah blah...I don't know, but whatever
Old 12-09-2004, 08:02 AM
ZpikeZ

After all these attempted break ins, I think New Jersey is cursed! Oh wait, that's right, the lovely city of Newark is in our state ... it's not cursed, just a dangerous place to park.
Old 12-09-2004, 08:04 AM
herbrock17

Originally posted by accordfreak
i have one of these hehehe come get me

I'd be scared to take that thing off without a pair of think rubber gloves they wear with those HAZMAT nuclear suits!! Haha. I think I have a pair of those gloves that came with the RONCO Rotisserie Oven thing, haha!!
Old 12-09-2004, 08:06 AM
herbrock17

I heard Camden, NJ was the carjack capital of the USA??

Newark is next, but don't forget The Oranges (East Orange specifically) is popular too.

Damn, damn, damn...Over on the west coast there's bright and sunny Orange County, over on the east coast there's a city I wouldn't dare park my Z in. Haha!
Old 12-09-2004, 08:11 AM
Megatron

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

No No Camden is the murder captial of the world.
I can't believe it beat out every other major city.