Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Door Dings - Whose got em? And who dont?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 05:38 PM
all_bark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Door Dings - Whose got em? And who dont?

I have had the car over two years and I still park on the other side of the parking lots or on the street so no one can get out and F'k up my car because they have no clue.

So, I am happy to report that I have no door dings from those cluess, a$$hole, pieces of $hit who do not respect other peoples cars!

In the hopes it may continue I will KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK ON WOOD..............

so what about you?

No dings? thumbs up! alrighty then......

or

Some a$$hole f'k up your Z?

so, if thats you, go ahead and ***** away and tell us your story....
and if you got em, post a pic or two...
Old 12-04-2004, 05:54 PM
Sully

Had the Z for 1 week, ran into a Dunkin Donuts for a coffee, i wasnt there more then 4 mins in and out, came out.

nail top size ding, white paint on my SB Z. I about freaked. No white car in site.. and i know it happened there cause i had parked by a white car when i pulled in.

People are just careless and have no regard for other property. I wont tell ya what happen after that, cause its to painful. Ill post a pic when i get one.

Sully
Old 12-04-2004, 06:09 PM
ZIABLO
I am Batman

always park far away from life...except for once cause i wanted to go downtown..

i parked and made sure there was a good amount of room on each side ( i knew everyone leaving dt would prob be drunk and not care so much about other people's cars)

when i came back, i noticed a new car parked on my right.....it was about 6 inches from my car.

prepared for the worst, i checked my passenger side door, and sure enough there were some marks in it, no big dents or anything, but regardless, i was very mad. i went to the body shop the next morning and had it taken care of.

it's just a car to you, but it's MY car to me! :-)
Old 12-04-2004, 06:28 PM
rockinar

Two weeks after I bought it, someone smashed into the back of it while it was parked in a lot. They got away.

Cost $700.

I have no luck with my car. It attracts rocks and all other kind of road debris. When parked, people love to ding it. One dumb *** girl was all pissed off about something and kicked her door open and it litterally "bounced" off mine and it shut on her again. I was sooooooo pissed. I was parked in front of a retail store and was standing there looking out the window as it happened. Her and her mom tried to act like nothing happend and tried to walk off. I quickly confronted the mom. She gave me $200 cash on the spot.

I should of told her "You only have to give me $50 if you punch your daughter in the mouth, right here, right now."
Old 12-04-2004, 06:52 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

18 months, and No dings.

30 months on the Maxima and no dings either.

I also park away from everyone or across the street. I went to Barnes and Nobles Book store today in my Z. Saw another Z with Temp Tags (used Touring) double parked, so I double parked as well. We took up 4 spaces.

No worries because we were across the street, its not like we took up 4 spots right by the store.

My wife absolutely hates when we go places, because we end up hiking from wherever we park. She gets so mad, but in the end all that walking pays off.
Old 12-04-2004, 06:56 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Originally posted by rockinar
I should of told her "You only have to give me $50 if you punch your daughter in the mouth, right here, right now."

I would have said, give me $25 and let me punch your daughter in the mouth!

Old 12-04-2004, 08:14 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last time I posted in a thread like this about curb-rash I had got my first curb rash the same night just hours after since 1997...

but... no door dings... 51050 miles got it in march 03... but I do have like a rock ding at the top of my rear passenger side fender...
Old 12-04-2004, 09:05 PM
all_bark

Originally posted by rockinar
best line so far!

To all the horror stories so far, I feel for you....
Old 12-04-2004, 09:11 PM
boma

When I went to look at my used Touring, it looked like it had no dings!

Once I bought it, I noticed there's like 5 dings on my car!

I think I might have gotten 1-2 more small dings!

The only safe thing to do is park far where their doors won't reach you.

If you give 'em a chance to hit you, it'll happen. =(

F'in ******. I wanna find their car and kick the crap out of it.

I guess the only way is a Camera inside the car.
Old 12-05-2004, 12:11 AM
yobri
350Z-holic

Over 1.5 years, only one ding. And that from a Z meet no less....
Old 12-05-2004, 06:21 AM
ROME

After a year and some months I got one at best buy. Whats funny is that I parked a county away from the store, nobody beside me, come back out and no one is still parked beside me. I looked at that passenger door, and BANG a fresh door ding. Thankyou to whoever did it, I will eat your first born.
Old 12-05-2004, 06:39 AM
AZZGUY

Originally posted by zand02max
18 months, and No dings.

30 months on the Maxima and no dings either.

I also park away from everyone or across the street. I went to Barnes and Nobles Book store today in my Z. Saw another Z with Temp Tags (used Touring) double parked, so I double parked as well. We took up 4 spaces.

No worries because we were across the street, its not like we took up 4 spots right by the store.

My wife absolutely hates when we go places, because we end up hiking from wherever we park. She gets so mad, but in the end all that walking pays off.
Same here! I tell my wife the walking is good for her. Perhaps they would rather walk to the store??? I drive mine to work and have had a couple of very minor dings there - but have learned to park further away from the employee entrance when possible. I have used the touch up pain - but it still shows!
Old 12-05-2004, 09:33 AM
goodstuff86

Dunno how to post up pics but ive got 2 both pretty deep and one right in the outward crease in the middle of the door.
Old 12-05-2004, 11:22 AM
aznmojo

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Never got a dent yet... in fact i ONLY drive it when i KNOW that i can find spots where no one else will park next to. Seriously wish we had some sorta door protection trim.
Old 12-05-2004, 11:29 AM
AZZGUY

Originally posted by aznmojo
Never got a dent yet... in fact i ONLY drive it when i KNOW that i can find spots where no one else will park next to. Seriously wish we had some sorta door protection trim.
I believe they do make door protectors that can be applied to doors - but they are dam outright ugly!!
Old 12-05-2004, 11:34 AM
all_bark

Originally posted by AZZGUY
I believe they do make door protectors that can be applied to doors - but they are dam outright ugly!!
ain't THAT the truth!
Old 12-05-2004, 11:56 AM
hypeiv

I have NEVER in my life ding'ed another car. Who are these people that open their doors into other cars?
Old 12-05-2004, 12:40 PM
supra crazy

I have a huge ding in the fender (someguys who came to seal the drive way droped a mailbox on my car!! They dinied it) and also I have another ding in my passanger door (parkinglot ) and also a **** load in the hatch like 5 i think I dont know how they got there.
Old 12-05-2004, 12:59 PM
z_drifto

No dings for me. A good friend of mine is a professional dent repair man so he will hook it up if anything ever happens to my baby.
Old 12-11-2004, 04:27 PM
tbridis

Ding #1: Had my '04 Touring six weeks and ran to the video store to pick up a movie for my kids. Parked *way* in the back of the lot, nobody near me. When I walked out, I could see across the lot that a POS purple mini-van was snug-up next to my driver's side door. I knew there was no way the driver could even have opened his door without hitting the Z. Sure enough, there's a dime-size dent and a little purple paint right in the middle of the door. I waited maybe 15 mins for the guy to return and confronted him. At first he denied it, even after I showed him the purple paint mark. So, he opened his door halfway and let it slam into my Z *again* and realized it hit in the exact same spot as the ding in the door. My voice is shaking, steam is coming outta my ears. He sent me a $100 check a week later for the paintless repair and a written apology; it looked great afterward.

Ding #2: About six months later, I'm walking into my garage and noticed a nice dent above the driver's rear wheel. My wife is painting some crafts in the garage, and when I asked her about it said she didn't know what happened, musta happened in a parking lot somewhere. My 8-year-old son is standing nearby, says, "Mom, that's where you knocked that piece of wood into Daddy's car!" Another $100 paintless repair. Sigh.

You have to be careful, but no matter how careful you are....

Quick Reply: Door Dings - Whose got em? And who dont?