Oh no...its the end of the world!
Old 11-05-2002, 04:29 PM
TJZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by fr0ng
1. I started the thread, so yes, I am following the posts
2. It was sarcasm. I figured people would get the joke
3. I can't think of a number 3
Sorry, I was in a really bad mood last night.

peace out,
-TJZ
Old 11-05-2002, 05:51 PM
Last WS6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So Nissan sues BMW? And a court in the USA is overseeing it? Weird.
We all know the bmw z series is a girls car. They will loose, Nissan should get to keep the z trademark.
Old 11-05-2002, 05:59 PM
TJZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Last WS6
So Nissan sues BMW? And a court in the USA is overseeing it? Weird.
We all know the bmw z series is a girls car. They will loose, Nissan should get to keep the z trademark.
Careful, tako may call his boys and deliver you a smackdown.
Old 11-05-2002, 05:59 PM
Roush360r

Default Re: nissan.com

Originally posted by futuredeadguy
Gonna have to rag on you guys who are using the Nissan.com issue as a crutch in this debate.

When the height of the Nissan.com flap was going on, the web site for "Nissan Computers" didn't even have anything for sale on their site, nor any evidence that they would ever have anything to sell. If you check their site today, you'll see that they have quite a substantial offering of computer-related merchandise. Wonder where most of their advertising came from?

Before, 90% of their website was devoted to their fight with the real Nissan back then. If it weren't for Nissan Motors, this enterprise would have flopped along with the thousands of other small time computer builders that crashed over the last five years.

This guy claims to have named his business for his surname. BS! My last name is LEUTGENS. Would I name my computer business LEUTGENS COMPUTERS? No fkn Way! Unless I needed a tax write-off for a failed business.

Nissan.com took advantage of the worldwide name recognition of a multi-billion dollar corporation. It may not be illegal, but it sure is cheesy. If they'll stoop to that level in their marketing, be sure to think twice about the advertised quality of their merchandise. It's probably got about the same quality.

Sorry, but Nissan Motors SHOULD have sued this loser.

Dead.
His company? Nissan computers

His last name? Nissan

Why should he have to stop and think " Wait.. Nissan Motorcars might want this website.. I should probably give it up... "

I dont think so. If Nissan wanted the website so bad they should have registered it first.. END OF DISCUSSION. that is pathetic that nissan feels just because they are the bigger company that they deserve the website over the smaller business... well too bad, Nissan.. first come first server.

-Ryan
Old 11-05-2002, 06:46 PM
futuredeadguy

Default Re: Re: nissan.com

Originally posted by Roush360r
His company? Nissan computers

His last name? Nissan

-Ryan
His Birthdate? About 50 years after Nissan started making cars.

His contribution to society via jobs and economic power? Uhhhh, just guessing here, but a good guess would be that his value in the economic base is less that 1/100th of 1 percent of the real Nissan's value.

We can debate the first come first serve thing forever. Any way you slice it, he is a domain squatter. Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. This guy is intentionally impeding commerce of a worldwide power. That's wrong. Why isn't his domain name Nissancomputers.com? Seems like a much more logical name for a legit computer company to me.

If Nissan Motors wanted to push it, they could slam dunk this guy. The fact that they don't is a character statement, and probably a wise marketing decision, at least in the short term. Personally, I'd enjoy seeing them turn this guy into a smoldering example of what can happen to people who try to step on others in a capitalist society.

Burn him guys. I'll bring the marshmallows.

Dead
Old 11-05-2002, 06:50 PM
fr0ng

Originally posted by Last WS6

The Z8 is a "girl car" ?