Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

girlfriend/wife/Sig. Other... they dont get it.

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 02:54 PM
Zcarboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Conquer
My wife could give a rats a** either way ....as long as im happy
I am with you on that one. Heck my wife even told me to get the 350Z over the Crossfire & Audi TT.
Old 12-29-2004, 03:02 PM
JCat
---------------

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Watch out, jealously (most) often grows with age.

I wish I knew that when I was 20.
Old 12-29-2004, 05:10 PM
C5DEMON

My wife just drove two hours round trip to help me get my headers installed.... which were an Xmas gift from her!!!

I got her into autocrossing and will teach her drag racing when the tracks open back up. She freak'n loves it!

And yes, I know I am the luckiest man alive!
Old 12-30-2004, 02:26 PM
Darthvol

Originally posted by C5DEMON
My wife just drove two hours round trip to help me get my headers installed.... which were an Xmas gift from her!!!

I got her into autocrossing and will teach her drag racing when the tracks open back up. She freak'n loves it!

And yes, I know I am the luckiest man alive!

[In my best Ed McMahon voice] "You are correct sir!"

Although, since my own wittle snookums surfs over here every now & then, I hasten to add that she has given me the thumbs up for what will be over 6k in mods once I get rims and tires in January (although she does frown a little bit at my plan to upgrade to Stoptechs in mid '05).

She likes NASCAR, halfway likes IRL and will attend both types of races w/me; she goes to all the UT football games w/me and understands game strategy far better than most women; she really does like any good football game and will watch, no matter who's playing; she changes her own oil; she has actually installed a radiator herself w/only a very little help from me; and she likes to see how fast she can take her Z through the twisties w/o (& sometimes with) breaking her loose, so she's pretty cool about most "guy" stuff, when compared to the average lady. It's just personal preference, but I don't think I could ever get along in a marriage w/a prissy, frou-frou, girly-girl.

OTOH, she does LOVE "Gone With the Wind," "Beaches," "Steel Magnolias," and "Fried Green Tomatoes." And she has named her PPW Z "Kitty Pearl." You know, It's nearly impossible to find a wife who thinks EXACTLY like the guys in the "Miller High Life" commercials.
Old 12-30-2004, 02:50 PM
JETPILOT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My fiance loves the Z. She mademe get SSR GT-3 Wheels. Got to love her.

JET
Old 12-30-2004, 05:07 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My wife actually helped me pick out the body kit for my car. On more than one occasion, I've found her thumbing through my Sports Compact Car, Turbo, D-Sport, etc. magazines looking for which wheels she likes best. She and I are in agreement on most things Z. She's starting into real-estate and, without my saying a thing said that her first couple of sales are going to buy an APS TT kit for my car. What more could a guy ask for!!! All of this, and she's only driven the car a handful of times.
Old 12-30-2004, 05:24 PM
mdacko

Originally posted by Darthvol
Great gravy! I'd noticed your posts frequently, and have fully accepted you as always having intelligent, thoughtful opinions, and despite the "Z Chica," I'll have to admit it never occurred to me that you were female, especially with your list of mods.

While I'll also readily admit that my "assumption" that you were male carried with it a somewhat sexist component, I can assure you that my "I had no idea you were a girl" reaction is perhaps, in my mind at least, the highest compliment I can pay to a (heterosexual) lady. Your boyfriend is one lucky fellow.

. . . fade into the commercial where the new bride, still in bridal gown, asks who's winning the football game and then insists on watching, as the best man tears up over how lucky the groom is.
lol thanks, that made my day!
Old 12-30-2004, 07:14 PM
Racer Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most ...certainly NOT ALL women (Official Disclaimer) are not into high-performance vehicles....and when they DO want a sporty looking car...It'll be a Mitsu Eclipse or Hyundai Tiburon with an Automatic Tranny....They have a strange aversion toward a 5 or 6 speed manual.....Most dippy broads I see drive lame azz VW Jettas, Beetles, or boring azz Hondas :::YAWN:::
Old 12-31-2004, 09:31 AM
mdacko

yeah, its quite rare for girls to be into modifying cars, esp around where im from, im one of the few around here that do it. perhaps thats teh reason for all the extra attention

but guys think its totally awesome that im into cars, im not sure why, i would assume that since modifying was predominately a male thing, when a girl came along and showed them up at something they were supposed to be better at, theyd get embarrased or whatever.
Old 12-31-2004, 09:42 AM
Risk

I recently met this girl who has an '03 Mustang GT 5mt with a magnaflow exhaust. The best part....I wouldnt be farr off to say that she looks alot like Nichole Kidman.....damn, where did I put her number
Old 12-31-2004, 10:33 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by kcobean
My wife actually helped me pick out the body kit for my car. On more than one occasion, I've found her thumbing through my Sports Compact Car, Turbo, D-Sport, etc. magazines looking for which wheels she likes best. She and I are in agreement on most things Z. She's starting into real-estate and, without my saying a thing said that her first couple of sales are going to buy an APS TT kit for my car. What more could a guy ask for!!! All of this, and she's only driven the car a handful of times.
Seems like true love to me, she loves it because you love it! Hope i'm as lucky whenever I find the right chick.