Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

girlfriend/wife/Sig. Other... they dont get it.

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 12:06 PM
the7ferret

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default girlfriend/wife/Sig. Other... they dont get it.

Its funny, my girlfriend does not understand my obession with my Z and this site. I cant explain it to her either. She almost hates the Z now becuase of it. But then again she has her own website which she hangs out on. but of course becuase she is a girl "its not the same"

Its just one of those things.

Any similar experiences or am I just a wierd one?
Old 12-28-2004, 12:33 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My GF is really into tattoos and piercings and hangs out on a body modding community site
Old 12-28-2004, 01:56 PM
Sig220st

You are not alone. My wifey made me sell my old 300zx a few years backs. I don't understand why.

Finally got her convince to buy me an 04 Enthusiast, but once in a while she gets mad at me for paying too much attention to the car.
Old 12-28-2004, 02:05 PM
skank-a-holic

My wife could give a rats a** either way ....as long as im happy
Old 12-28-2004, 02:14 PM
BoostTed

my ex totally understood the whole spending too much time on the forum thing. She just got annoyed once in a while when I would be on when she was over and I'd ignore her. We broke up and she still hangs around with the close friends I made on the Audi forums.
Old 12-28-2004, 02:15 PM
grifferjr

Default Re: girlfriend/wife/Sig. Other... they dont get it.

my GF's have always understood the fascination with the car but none have understood my obsession with this site.

Hell i dont even understand that part!!!!
Old 12-28-2004, 02:21 PM
SunsetZ33

Default Re: girlfriend/wife/Sig. Other... they dont get it.

My wife hated Zs before I ever got one, swore she'd never ride in it, because I spent so much time drooling.
Now she just shakes her head and goes about her business when she sees me cleaning the bugs off the front after every trip.

Trending Topics

Old 12-28-2004, 02:37 PM
DBZCat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well, I'm the other way around...the hubby never said anything aboout my addiction to cars and this site... (cause anything I like I am addicted to, lucky for him)

but he did get me a laptop for christmas so we could be in the same room while I am on the site... he watches sports... I talk on this site about my car... perfect.
Old 12-28-2004, 04:07 PM
bobS

My gf got used to the car and site obsession when i had my bmw. The only two things that **** her off is: 1. I browse the forums when she is around. 2. I start to buy more stuff for the z then her lol
Old 12-28-2004, 05:15 PM
soupnazi1

It's similar to women and shoes. I have no interest in shoes.
Old 12-28-2004, 05:24 PM
Risk

Originally posted by cat2102
well, I'm the other way around...the hubby never said anything aboout my addiction to cars and this site... (cause anything I like I am addicted to, lucky for him)

but he did get me a laptop for christmas so we could be in the same room while I am on the site... he watches sports... I talk on this site about my car... perfect.
I am in awe, you are the coolest girl ever Got a sister? Say early twenties?..lol
Old 12-28-2004, 05:43 PM
Darthvol

Originally posted by Risk
I am in awe, you are the coolest girl ever Got a sister? Say early twenties?..lol
I concur. How about an older sister? Say late 30s? J/K. My wife first found the wonderful world of i'net forums when she got a S2000 & joined S2ki. She now bemoans the fact that she got me started.

I joined "another forum," as they say, after buying a G35 in mid-'03, and when I traded it in on the roadster, I surfed on over here. My wife, who actually works in I.T. as a software architect, alternates randomly between her top three favorite remarks:

1. I've created a monster!

2. You're sick! (and not in that young generation "sick"-is-a-good-thing way)

3. You're mentally ill!

AND my favorite rejoinder: What does that say about YOU if you married someone like ME?
Old 12-28-2004, 05:50 PM
B-Unit

Nah ur not wierd, my gf always gets mad when im on the z site when shes around !!! I just told her to deal with it tho
Old 12-28-2004, 08:37 PM
Z-Stalker

My wife lets me do whatever I want... She likes the car and so do I. Neither one of us has an obsession about any material thing. It is, after all, just a car... There will be many more.

Z-Stalker
Old 12-28-2004, 09:08 PM
mdacko

i am lucky my boyfriend is even more into cars than i am, he has a 240sx w/ an sr20 and blitz turbo - so we get eachother car parts for xmas and bday, and we mod our cars together and go to meets/autoxes.

i dont think i could ever be in a relationship w/ someone who wasnt into cars, they would think im nuts
Old 12-29-2004, 12:05 PM
RED HOT Z

THis is so funny My girl says I spend more time on this site then on her sometimes it's true. She says I;m obssesed with this site andd my car.
Old 12-29-2004, 12:15 PM
arlingtonz

my girl loves my car, almost more than me....but she doesn't understand my fancination with this site...nor do I, but this site helps me with every question i could ever have with my Z and that makes owning one some much easier
Old 12-29-2004, 02:14 PM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by cat2102
but he did get me a laptop for christmas so we could be in the same room while I am on the site...
I think that is commonly referred to as enabling, you should seek help
Old 12-29-2004, 02:51 PM
KingofScion

Real simply solution.... wife time is wife time, works time is work time but when I get bored at work I visit my350z.com If notices where Iam I simply say that I am on "ScionLife.com" doing work related stuff!
Old 12-29-2004, 02:53 PM
Darthvol

Originally posted by mdacko
i am lucky my boyfriend is even more into cars than i am, he has a 240sx w/ an sr20 and blitz turbo - so we get eachother car parts for xmas and bday, and we mod our cars together and go to meets/autoxes.

i dont think i could ever be in a relationship w/ someone who wasnt into cars, they would think im nuts
Great gravy! I'd noticed your posts frequently, and have fully accepted you as always having intelligent, thoughtful opinions, and despite the "Z Chica," I'll have to admit it never occurred to me that you were female, especially with your list of mods.

While I'll also readily admit that my "assumption" that you were male carried with it a somewhat sexist component, I can assure you that my "I had no idea you were a girl" reaction is perhaps, in my mind at least, the highest compliment I can pay to a (heterosexual) lady. Your boyfriend is one lucky fellow.

. . . fade into the commercial where the new bride, still in bridal gown, asks who's winning the football game and then insists on watching, as the best man tears up over how lucky the groom is.

Quick Reply: girlfriend/wife/Sig. Other... they dont get it.