Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another (3rd.) F#@K!NG Exhaust Ticket!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 07:07 AM
DeeZee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Another (3rd.) F#@K!NG Exhaust Ticket!!!

i had the first one comming! (reving it at the beach for some girls waivig to me ) but his is getting rediclous! same cop EVERY time! he just knows my car, and REALY hates it! this time i cant just prepay it. i have to appear in court next month. i guess they win! im going to HAVE TO change it to something more stock "looking". i almost did after my second ticket, but i LOVE my injen ses angled tip SOOO MUCH!!!! granted, i dont have any cats.........but i knew he was behind me (just like last time!) so i was nursing it. and he STILL stopped me!

i mean it is VERY obvious that it is after market due to the cans, and all the stickers make my Z VERY memorable! when he walked up to my window to get my drivers licence, he asked for it by my first and last name, so i know he remembers me. all the cars in this city with exhausts, and he chooses to bother me? o well? sorry for venting guys, but it realy pisses me off to have to say good bye to exhaust #2! mabey ill just say f#@k it, and get the nismo! that "looks" stock! but im going to miss the sound/performance from my injen! she will be missed!
Old 01-06-2005, 07:19 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did he pop you for sound or looks? If sound, then there has to be some form of measurement he's ticketing against, doesn't there? If you think he's wrong, get it tested.

If for looks, did he do it just because he suspected you hadn't "fixed" the problem?

In any case, sorry to hear that. INDECIS got popped for exhaust noise up here in Fairfax county a few weeks back too. He has a custom, single can exhaust, and I think the sound is beautiful. Like you, he's having cats and a resonator installed to quiet it down a little. Darn cops...What's the harm in letting your car....express itself?!?!
Old 01-06-2005, 07:24 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

And I bet all the Harley's are louder.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:17 AM
Zexy

Originally posted by zand02max
And I bet all the Harley's are louder.
This is true, it just pisses me off. Freakin Mullet Masters
Old 01-06-2005, 08:31 AM
Smoked

Shrug. VA allows only OEM or equivalent exhausts. If you had gotten the Injen straight tip he wouldn't give you so much crap. Also instead of test pipes get Random Technology cats.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:38 AM
oren

they have a control for exhausts on ebay, which lets you control the output from the exhaust. basically what it is - is a gate that can regulate the amount of flow coming out of the exhaust, you can go from 10% open to 100% and anywhere in between with the flick of a switch.
Old 01-06-2005, 09:12 AM
ttsupra94

I dont think putting something in to block the control of exhaust flow would be a great idea. I was always careful driving with the RSR without the silencers when near cops, even with the silencers in, i'm still careful. That will all change though, cause i'm getting another exhaust, i think the Invidia G200 which is supposed to be fairly quiet so i wont have to worry about it.
Old 01-06-2005, 09:18 AM
devildoc

Wow, that really sucks! I need to be careful next time I'm cruising down at VA beach.

Nismo + RT cats = A ticket waiting to happen

Ian
Old 01-06-2005, 09:41 AM
DeeZee

whats up ian? you should be good to go man. yours "looks" stock. plus this cop has had a hard-on for me since our first altercation! all i did was simply stress my concern for the lack fo CLEAR regulations in VA concerning modified exhausts! VA law states ANY exhaust louder than stock is ILLEGAL! o yea, NO db testing here eigther!?!? its up to the officers descretion!?!?

when i asked him the first time he stopped me "so your telling me that, EVERY officer KNOWS what EVERY stock exhaust on EVERY car EVER produced sounds like?" he smiled, and replied "yes". then handed me my ticket. i looked it up (wife works for a law firm!) and he is right! total ******** if you asked me! none of my friends have any problems? their cars are MUCH louder than mine, and FAR more modified! but like i said, this guy has it out for me! im not going to stress over it though. im just going to change it again, to something a little less obvious.

Last edited by DeeZee; 01-06-2005 at 09:46 AM.
Old 01-06-2005, 09:57 AM
JCat
---------------

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

File a complaint with the police department.........My (once) good looking girlfriend (now my ex-wife) was getting pulled over by the same cop, over and over and over......hmm, maybe your cops gay.......anyway, we filed a complaint and he stopped pulling her over.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:09 AM
DeeZee

what was she getting stopped for? what offences? what im getting stopped for is "by law" legal. they can simply say that im not fixing it, so he keeps doing it.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:22 AM
julian

Originally posted by jcn30127
My (once) good looking girlfriend (now my ex-wife)
ouch
Old 01-06-2005, 10:24 AM
JCat
---------------

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

She was getting pulled over for anything he could make up.

I hate to say this, but once you get on a cop's list, he will pull you over for anything. Years ago, I had a ***** (Officer Willard - Ann Arbor Mi.) nail me over and over cause I drove a nice car like yours...I think it's a jealousy trip. He gave me a ticket for bald tires....I put on new one's...then improper lane usage....then lic. plate light....then speeding (5mph) etc. etc.

Your only salvation (if you truly feel your exhaust note is legal) is to have a heart-to-heart talk with his Captain or boss.....or a/the Judge. You can always hire a lawyer, that works pretty good too.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:34 AM
DeeZee

Ann Arbor? im originaly form Detroit! i considered a lawyer, but the one i talked to said it was a lost cause! so im just going to change it. still not sure why he chose me to pick on?
Old 01-06-2005, 10:37 AM
mpowers

DeeZee, what was the ticket for being too loud or illegal muffler?
If it was for illegal muffler you can get out of it. It fits within the law of a muffler in Virginia, I know becasue I won a case in chesapeake when I lived there two years ago.
btw yes you'r stickers do stick out, you passed me on 264 back in November, Good looking Z!
Old 01-06-2005, 10:40 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Stop using the "O'de' Doughnut" cologne ...
Old 01-06-2005, 10:47 AM
350zbiturbo

if you guys were to hear my exhaust you would probs all wonder why your getting stopped lol, i have topspeed headers, helix test pipes, injen ses str8 tip exhaust and the crawford plenum and my car is the uber loud, theirs honestly not alot on the road right now that is louder then me, thats why im buying a daily driver right now b/c i love the sound too much to want to get rid of it just b/c its loud for everyday
DeeZee

i knew i shoulnd have bought that jelly filled airfreshener!!!

mpowers, the ticket reads "defective exhaust"?

thanks for the compliment man! on 264 eigther you were going real slow............or i was going real fast!
340HP

Default Re: Another (3rd.) F#@K!NG Exhaust Ticket!!!

Originally posted by DeeZee
i had the first one comming! (reving it at the beach for some girls waivig to me ) but his is getting rediclous! same cop EVERY time! he just knows my car, and REALY hates it! this time i cant just prepay it. i have to appear in court next month. i guess they win! im going to HAVE TO change it to something more stock "looking". i almost did after my second ticket, but i LOVE my injen ses angled tip SOOO MUCH!!!! granted, i dont have any cats.........but i knew he was behind me (just like last time!) so i was nursing it. and he STILL stopped me!

i mean it is VERY obvious that it is after market due to the cans, and all the stickers make my Z VERY memorable! when he walked up to my window to get my drivers licence, he asked for it by my first and last name, so i know he remembers me. all the cars in this city with exhausts, and he chooses to bother me? o well? sorry for venting guys, but it realy pisses me off to have to say good bye to exhaust #2! mabey ill just say f#@k it, and get the nismo! that "looks" stock! but im going to miss the sound/performance from my injen! she will be missed!
How can he just give you a ticket? Don't you have to PROVE that your exhaust is too loud? WTF? Is there a LAW that says you need xxx many decibels? Did he MEASURE your decibel level? FIGHT THIS **** IN COURT WITH AN ATTORNEY and stick it up that cop's arshole.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:51 AM
DeeZee

now you see my frusteration! there IS NO db testing! just the cops ears! and the judge WILL BACK HIM! its CRAP, trust me, i know! but this isnt a state, its a commonwealth. they have their own set of rules here!

Quick Reply: Another (3rd.) F#@K!NG Exhaust Ticket!!!