Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Honest Los Angeles Dealerships?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2002, 10:30 AM
Clay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Honest Los Angeles Dealerships?

Hello, I'm considering buying a Z does anyone know of any honest Nissan dealerships in the Los Angeles/SFV/Ventura area that is selling Z's at MSRP?
Old 11-09-2002, 10:38 AM
zblime

Its not LA, but close

I recommend Craig Raney at Irvine Nissan

http://www.nissandealer.com/lew-webbs/

they sell at MSRP, although they do add some extras. For example, the CS Touring that I bought had chrome rims pre-installed (and it wasn't an option to do without)
Old 11-11-2002, 01:29 AM
stiv

I can't speak for anyone else but Cerritos Nissan promised me MSRP. When it actually came down to it, they added "mandatory" dealer options that ended up adding 3 grand to the MSRP. For example, a vehicle tracking device that hadn't even been installed. I have no desire to have the tracking device installed but they pretty much told me that I would still have to pay for it whether I agree to have it installed or not. I realize that there are other dealerships (in the socal area) that are totally gouging people but that doesn't justify sneakiness. Particularly, after I was distinctly promised the car at MSRP.

In the business world, a verbal contract is very binding but apparently this doesn't hold true at Cerritos Nissan. If you are in the market for a new Z, I highly recommend getting all price quotes in writing or you might incur mysterious and disturbing "hidden" charges at the very last minute. In my opinion, a "mandatory" dealer option is essentially, a type of mark up. Buyers beware!!

Lastly, sneaky people make me want to puke lightning...
Old 11-11-2002, 04:49 AM
jritoli

Default Dealerships in LA

Clay:

Try Performance Nissan in Duarte. Ask for Chris Jensen he's a Sales Manager there and my neighbor. Really decent guy.
Old 11-11-2002, 05:50 AM
importriders

Default Re: z's @msrp

Originally posted by babo
contact steve moore at cornell nissan. It's in Costa Mesa. I think there is a waiting list, bt he said all 350's will be sold at msrp...might have changed though. this was a couple months ago. Hope this helps
I second Connell Nissan in Costa Mesa. MSRP and really honest. They do have a waiting list. I placed an order with them but decided to cancel it because I found an earlier delivery date at a dealer closer to me. Anyways, they told me to make sure the other dealer was not charging over MSRP or adding anything and to get it in writing. They told me to do this AFTER they gave me my deposit back. They were still looking out for me even after I decided to take my business elsewhere. Really great dealership. Yes, ask for Steve Moore.

Also, deposit is refundable and I got it put back on my AMEX that day, no hassle at all.
Old 11-11-2002, 10:45 AM
mwaller

I'd highly recommend Joe Sartor of Empire Nissan in Ontario. I preordred from him in June and took delivery in late October. I was utterly amazed by the complete lack of dealer BS from him. Very straightforward gentleman who didn't even TRY to sell me anything beyond what I asked for. Very good experience.
Mika
Old 11-13-2002, 05:30 PM
2003z

ask raceboy, I believe Team Nissan in Oxnard has been great to him (I only remember because I used to live there, and they were great to me when I had a 91TT)