Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Dent !

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 04:17 PM
nyc350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dent !

damn guys i got 2 freakin dents now and 1 scratch.. damn ppl are hatin me on.. **** ! damn ppl dont know how to watch there doors or something.. someone told me before that i can pull out these dents.. wat was the name of that thing again and does it really work ?
Old 02-08-2005, 06:18 PM
leatherface_ca

I think it's called Fix-A-Dent......don't get so pissed.you will get used to it like me...lol. I got so much dent not only for this car, as well as my previous cars.......... So it doesn't bother me anymore. Try to live with it cause nothing is perfect. Cheers!
Old 02-08-2005, 06:31 PM
Z CRUZN

Here in KY, one of the popular companies is called "Paintless Dent Removal." I'm sure they go by other names around the country as well. Check at any dealer for the name(s) in your area - they all use 'em. If the dents are on metal, they can usually fix 'em up perfect. Haven't used them on my Z, but did my Blazer up well.
Old 02-08-2005, 07:09 PM
cehome

Default Re: Dent !

Originally posted by nyc350z
damn guys i got 2 freakin dents now and 1 scratch.. damn ppl are hatin me on.. **** ! damn ppl dont know how to watch there doors or something.. someone told me before that i can pull out these dents.. wat was the name of that thing again and does it really work ?
That's what happens when you have a nice car in NYC. the exact reason that if I'm driving and intend to park in NYC, I drive my daily driver. I've seen expensive cars parked on the streets bumper to bumper in midtown. WTF are they thinking.
Old 02-08-2005, 07:18 PM
Faluzure

Originally posted by Z CRUZN
Here in KY, one of the popular companies is called "Paintless Dent Removal." I'm sure they go by other names around the country as well. Check at any dealer for the name(s) in your area - they all use 'em. If the dents are on metal, they can usually fix 'em up perfect. Haven't used them on my Z, but did my Blazer up well.
Sorry to snipe the thread....

ZCruzn, you're in lexington?? Sweet! This is the 1st time I see another Lexington resident on the forums.

Question, who the heck do you go to around here to do your mods? I have a couple things I want done (body/performance-wise) but I can't seem to find a reputable shop.
Old 02-09-2005, 05:16 AM
Z CRUZN

Faluzure - PM'd you...........
Old 02-09-2005, 05:20 AM
Faluzure

Originally posted by Z CRUZN
Faluzure - PM'd you...........
Thanks! Checking now.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:12 AM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

The do-it-yourself thing is called pops-a-dent. You hot glue a little plunger type thingy on the dent and there is this little contraption that pulls it up. Looks like it'll work.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:49 AM
Bertg

Just go to Dent Wizard/Paintless Dent/Removal/etc.... They'll take care of it and your Z will look like new again.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:17 PM
nyc350z

where do i get this pops-a-dent ? autozone or any shop that sell car parts ?
Old 02-10-2005, 03:36 AM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

Originally posted by nyc350z
where do i get this pops-a-dent ? autozone or any shop that sell car parts ?
You could probably find it there, or at least a similar product. I see it on TV all the time so if all else fails you could get one online. They're only like $15.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:27 PM
nyc350z

dnx Santacruzslick ill look into it..
Old 02-11-2005, 12:50 PM
mikewagon

what about the ding king? thats like pops a dent? im pretty sure you can get that at pepboys
Old 02-18-2005, 05:07 PM
im2kleen350

I got my first dent about 2 months after i got it...
I was visiting my granny house, and my own cousin backed into me:O !
Old 02-18-2005, 05:19 PM
hypeiv

i know we all have to grin and take and get used to getting dents... but there is no excuse...

I have never... not once... in my life put a dent on someone elses car. I am always considerate of other peoples cars... even now with my Z that has long doors... I always very carefully open them.

Its just rude and inconsiderate to put dings in people's car... when I was in college I got about 3 a week parking on campus.
Old 02-21-2005, 06:33 AM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

Just wait until people start buying the new Voice Command Buick Lacrosse. You can tell it to open the doors and it opens them a full 90 degrees! I wonder if it knows when it hits something or if it just keeps going and destroying other peoples cars. LOL

But it's a pretty cool car. You can basically do anything just by talking to it.
Old 02-21-2005, 06:45 AM
alienx

Originally posted by hypeiv
i know we all have to grin and take and get used to getting dents... but there is no excuse...

I have never... not once... in my life put a dent on someone elses car. I am always considerate of other peoples cars... even now with my Z that has long doors... I always very carefully open them.

Its just rude and inconsiderate to put dings in people's car... when I was in college I got about 3 a week parking on campus.
I agree!

The thing that bothers me the most is the attitude of the people after they do it. I've been in cars when people hit it with a door or shopping cart. They inevitably say one of two things when you confront them. "I didn't do that" or some version of "these things happen. I'm not paying for that". And they are always indignent.

A-holes man! That's when I feel like waiting for them to go inside so I can exact my punitive damages. But I just don't have that kind of personality that I can ever damage somebody else's property. Oh well, what can you do.

Anyway, I live in NJ and haven't been able to find a PDR guy. The only ones I can find on the web are associated with the high-end dealerships nearby. If anyone else has one in the area, I could use the service too.
Old 02-21-2005, 06:47 AM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

Hey...I say, if you see someone else damage your vehicle and they refuse to admit to it then you have every right to inflict the same damage to their vehicle. LOL
Old 02-21-2005, 07:59 AM
Sensation350Z

Originally posted by Santacruzslick
Hey...I say, if you see someone else damage your vehicle and they refuse to admit to it then you have every right to inflict the same damage to their vehicle. LOL
hah sounds great but some people are crazy, specially when it comes to their cars. If they see YOU inflicting the same damage to THEIR car, God knows what they`ll do
Old 02-21-2005, 01:30 PM
maxpowers

I'm taking my car in this saturday to have a door ding removed. I hope this paintless dent removal works. There is a minor scuff mark that I hope can be buffed out too.

I don't understand how they can get the surface flush by sucking the dent out.

Anybody that has had this done, is the surface mirror-like after the ding is removed? Or is there a bit of distortion?

Quick Reply: Dent !