Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Whats a good deal on a new 05 Z??????

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 05:46 PM
aren21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Whats a good deal on a new 05 Z??????

Hey everyone, I got a few prices from a couple of dealers in southern California. These prices are for a 2005 enthusiast coupe, 6speed. (sivler stone, PPW, or DB)

Valencia Nissan 26,500 out the door.
Glendale Nissan 27,500 out the door.

I know these are well below the sticker price, but do you guys think its possible to get an even better deal if i keep looking?

Any respsonce would help, Thanks.
Old 02-10-2005, 06:15 PM
02MaximizedVQ

Default Re: Whats a good deal on a new 05 Z??????

Originally posted by aren21
Hey everyone, I got a few prices from a couple of dealers in southern California. These prices are for a 2005 enthusiast coupe, 6speed. (sivler stone, PPW, or DB)

I know these are well below the sticker price, but do you guys think its possible to get an even better deal if i keep looking?

If OTD includes tax, title and license, then Valencia has a great deal IMHO.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:09 PM
Low J.
Banned

yeah, those prices are quite a bit lower than even dealer invoice. If it's really OTD then they're paying YOU to get those cars so buy it quick!
Old 02-10-2005, 09:03 PM
FLZ_Boy

I can understand that if that's the settlement price and possible to get it lower, but if that's the OTD price, it sounds too good to be true.

If they sell it to you that price for an 05 OTD, I would grab it quick from Valencia Nissan.
Old 02-10-2005, 09:32 PM
mlam002

WTF.. are those really the OTD price?

I dunno... If I were you..buy it now before they realized they made a mistake.

I bought my 05 Z a month ago.. lowest anywhere was like 29500 otd.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:00 PM
sokudo9l6

$29500 OTD is still a good price IMO. You're paying like $500 over invoice. I wish i can get prices like that. What was your strategy in getting those prices?
Old 02-10-2005, 10:42 PM
aren21

thanks for the input everyone, I know the prices sound to good to be true, but the salesman promissed me that deal, and I beleive they do not have a dealer mark up there some reason.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:16 AM
DBZ

If those are truly otd pricing and these are brand new vehicles, no lease return, demo, etc. Then buy 2. The VPP pricing for employees of Nissan are about $27K for and enthusiast 6spd equipped the way you are saying. however that is the price before CA Sales Tax and Lics, plus other fees. My VPP purchase back in 10/05 was around $29,400 OTD. Are there any incentives on the Z that we are unaware of? The Titans had ridiculous incentives to move the 04 units, however I haven't heard of any on the '05 Z's. Hmm. I would jump on it.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:17 AM
SFVZ

Im 99% sure he's BS'ing you, especially from Glendale Nissan. But If he's telling you the truth and you get it for that price OTD I'd jump on it right away. I doubt they're in any rush to get rid of their 05's for that cheap.. I dealt with Glendale a few months ago and they wouldn't budge on the price after a dealer visit and days of phone calls. I finally had to go to Universal (sigh) in order to get it for 29,600.. And that wasn't exactly an easy task.

But best of luck, and props to you if you end up with that deal.. You're a better negotiator than me.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:19 AM
DBZ

If you are financing, just make sure they don't try to screw you on the back end with the financing. They may be trying to make up for the low pricing on the financing. Good luck.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:33 AM
DBZ

oh, wait a minute I just re-read the post.

DO NOT EVER, EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM GLENDALE NISSAN!!!!!!!

THIS GOES THE SAME FOR UNIVERSAL NISSAN!!!!!

They are the biggest bunch of hustlers out their. Both dealer along with Glendale Infiniti are owned by that **** Morrie Sage. These guys would sell their first born to get a sale. All their salesmen look like a bunch of Russian or Armenian Mafia meatheads. They are totally full of ****. I would run away from these *****.

Sorry for the rant, but of all the dealers out there these guys are the worst. I don't know about Valencia, but I think they are a pretty small operation. Glendale and Universal are behemouths but their quantity of sales is not because they are good but because they are ripping off unsuspecting people. They especially target hispanic buyers and twist numbers to make it look like it is a good deal These guys will never talk about the price but will emphasis the month payment. Like: "Listen it doesn't matter that your loan is for 96 months and the interest rate is 23%, your monthly payment is only $199!!! Come on buy a Nissan and I will recommend you to my good friends at Crazy Gideon's where you can buy some stolen goods from Tiajuana!!"

You might want to try some other dealers. Most Nissan corporate employees buy from Gardena Nissan. I think if the deal is too good to be true it usually is. Now that I know the source of the quotes. I can almost guarantee that it is Glendale Nissan Bullsh1t.

If you want to go check out the dealer go ahead, however DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING, until you see the actual printed sales contract (the big long form). Do not sign anything else and do not give any of your sensitive personal info. I would not be surprized if these guys are involved in identity theft. That's how scummy these guys are.

If you decide to finance your purchase at these dealers, bring your own financing or if you finance through the dealer, make sure it is a loan from Nissan Motor Credit Acceptance. They love to bait and switch finance companies on you.

Just be really care with these guys. Good luck.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:02 AM
n8236

Hahah, those prices are IMPOSSIBLE for a brand spanking new ethusiast. Looks like the prices of a base rather than an ethu. And if they tell u it's an enthu model, prolly a used one.

A base, 26k otd is likely to be the lowest u can find anywhere, new in Cali (given the high tax rate).

A ethu model will run atleast 28k otd.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:29 AM
kewlii

Default Re: Whats a good deal on a new 05 Z??????

Originally posted by aren21

if that's the price that INCLUDES tax and dealer fee, I would buy a few more cars and resale them to make a buck or two hehehe...
Old 02-11-2005, 01:25 PM
MadMax76

I think it's BS to get you to come in. I wouldn't trust them until they put everything in writing.
Old 02-11-2005, 02:14 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Either:

1) Its not OTD prices and cost of the car before TTL, which is still good.
2) They're gonna try and rape you with a high interest rate.

I was offered an '05 Track Z for $500 over invoice, whenever I'm ready to buy the car. Push for something like that; it doesn't get much better.
Old 02-11-2005, 03:06 PM
sunset

Thumbs up Proper Way

As a sales consultant, the proper way would be to find out what your mark-up is...in this case about $2k or so...then tell your salesman what you will sign for & then tip him well! I saved a customer about $5000, plus all incentives the manufacturer was offering. This was on a full size truck. My commission was $100, yes that SUCKS But, they tipped me $500. That is fair In a comission only based job, we should have more respect from people. Walmart does not give you invoice on their TV's. Plus we do not charge for consulting, like lawyers. If people can't afford the sticker price, they probably can't afford the car? Also, find out your CBI(credit score), then find out the best rate you can get from your own bank. Use that as a guide of what they need to beat, to earn your financial business. For Ex: CBI score in the 700"s...just under 5% X 72mo, etc...I speak from experience. Good luck. Ciao, SUNSET
Old 02-11-2005, 06:52 PM
sokudo9l6

Is not that people who don't pay msrp can't afford the car. The fact is that people know they can buy this car for pretty cheap now. There is no more 350z hype anymore. So people who does research on a car like this will not be willing to pay MSRP. I think if i was a salesman.. it will be better to sell a Z for cheaper. Then the guy who brought it will come online to forums like this...tell the rest of the people what a great deal they got and refer me to them. Just look at the numbers of "going to buy a Z" and "avoid this dealer" threads. You need to please the recent buyers so they will refer you to new future buyers.
Old 02-11-2005, 07:40 PM
05-Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a 05 PPW base a few hours ago, and paid $27,484 OTD.

This included 3.2% VA sales tax, everything. Sticker price was like $33k, including some hideous "market adjustment" for the color.

I'm happy.
Old 02-12-2005, 12:05 AM
Fiction520

To the guys that are saying they paid 29,500-29,600 OTD did you do dealership financing or did you pay cash?

I plan on purchasing an enthusiast model this week and was hoping for ~29k OTD. I'll be paying cash, I think that will help with negotiations a good bit. Any thoughts?
Old 02-12-2005, 03:51 AM
n8236

Originally posted by Fiction520
To the guys that are saying they paid 29,500-29,600 OTD did you do dealership financing or did you pay cash?

I plan on purchasing an enthusiast model this week and was hoping for ~29k OTD. I'll be paying cash, I think that will help with negotiations a good bit. Any thoughts?
Pay no more than 28k otd, and that's financing. If cash, u better be getting under invoice or tons of freebies.

Quick Reply: Whats a good deal on a new 05 Z??????