Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

About to turn 16, about to buy a Z

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 07:15 PM
Zmeflyby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dont worry about the 16 yr old comments. ....
and yes go with the manual =)
Old 02-18-2005, 07:30 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

really not any of your concern.
Once again, if it's not the concern of the other members of this forum, why are you continuing to disclose this additional information to a group of people who have already displayed hostility towards you because of your 'situation'? You didn't include this "deal" in your initial post, so we would never have known about it if you hadn't told us now. Are you still wondering why people are calling you immature? It has to do with your attempt at "subliminal bragging". I'm not at all saying you ARE immature, I'm just saying that you're fueling the same fire you're complaining about. And I'm not trying to be confrontational, I just want you to be aware of how your posts come across and I'm only mentioning it because you're not by ANY stretch the first one to do it. If you don't want people to judge your age or situation, quit bringing it up. 'Nuff said.

I do plan on racing when I get some more experience, but i`m no idiot. I know exactly how much power the car has, and believe me, I don`t plan on taking anyone`s life, just having some good clean fun in a nice car.
I sincerely hope that when you say 'racing', you mean on a track. If not, then you're simply proving the haters right, seriously. The track is the only safe place for race-like driving.

In all seriousness, I hope you enjoy whatever you finally get. The Z is a kick-@$$ car and will be fun every time you get in it. Be safe, be smart, and be cool.

Peace!
Old 02-18-2005, 07:42 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by kcobean
Once again, if it's not the concern of the other members of this forum, why are you continuing to disclose this additional information to a group of people who have already displayed hostility towards you because of your 'situation'? You didn't include this "deal" in your initial post, so we would never have known about it if you hadn't told us now. Are you still wondering why people are calling you immature? It has to do with your attempt at "subliminal bragging". I'm not at all saying you ARE immature, I'm just saying that you're fueling the same fire you're complaining about. And I'm not trying to be confrontational, I just want you to be aware of how your posts come across and I'm only mentioning it because you're not by ANY stretch the first one to do it. If you don't want people to judge your age or situation, quit bringing it up. 'Nuff said.

I sincerely hope that when you say 'racing', you mean on a track. If not, then you're simply proving the haters right, seriously. The track is the only safe place for race-like driving.

In all seriousness, I hope you enjoy whatever you finally get. The Z is a kick-@$$ car and will be fun every time you get in it. Be safe, be smart, and be cool.

Peace!
I agree. Leave the racing to the track, I have a great time there.
Old 02-18-2005, 09:24 PM
orhanz33

Default Re: Re: About to turn 16, about to buy a Z

Originally posted by 1sick350
Well looks like u r in the same area as i am. Accept im 16 and buying the car about 2 moths after i get my liscence when im 17. I debated between the z auto and 6spd. Ive asked pletny of people which is more fun and if they feel the same when u slam on the throttle. Truly there isnt mcuh of a gap between the auto and manual from wat ive heard and seen. My brother owns a tt supra and has raced boht a manual z and an auto and has been in a auto z and g35. When he raced them he put about 5-6 cars on the auto z from a stop. He then raced a 6spd froma roll twice up to 140 and took him out by about 4-5 cars. So there isnt much of a gap id would say about a car lenghts difference between the 2. When he road in an atuo g35 he said it felt like it pulled jaut as hard as an srt4. Which means it has some ***** to go with its great style. Im prob gonna get an auto myself cause ive never really driven stick befor myself and there is alot of stop and go traffic in nj and ct. Im just goin to bpu my z and see wat happens, but either way the z will def be fast enogu for u as a first car with either tranny.
where in jersey are you? what does your brother have done to his supra? is it auto or stick?
Old 02-18-2005, 10:52 PM
Etka

I'm 16 and I have a 2003 SB track that I got used about 4 months ago. Its a manual and I dont regret it at all. I pay for my car though, 300 dolllars a month and I also have to pay for any mods I do to it. I think anything you have to work for you will appreciate it more and I think if my parents paid for the whole thing that I would look like a spoiled little rich kid. I dont pay for my insurance but Im not insured on the Z Im insured on a suburban my family owns and I suggest if your parents dont want a huge bill they do the same. Have fun with the Z man, well have to meet up sometime and show these older guys whats up.
Old 02-19-2005, 01:04 AM
autois4pussies

wats this bashing on the pathfinder buisness?!?! My first car at 15 was a 96 pathfinder and i have soooo much respect for it. At 18 i was fortunate enough to recieve a Z. I am a hardcore car guy and I could spend hours discussing anything auto.

make cracks at my name if u will i dont care anymore .

my parents, esp my mom, said i should get auto because i would get tired of it since it required more effort. But the first second in an auto z as my first test drive i couldnt help but shed a tear for the car. not sayin anything about auto people or auto in general, but the car seemed to be in pain with all that power in auto. It just seemed like if u were to get a z it had to be manual or else might as well get something else like an auto g35 (this was my rationale).

power is tempting. no matter how old or mature u are, only a close call or an actual happening teaches u that u and ur car are not god nor invincible. just know that with the power u are responsible for what u do. I know i would never be able to forgive myself if my stupid self caused an inocent family with their children harm because i needed the adrenaline rush.

know that there is such a thing as too much power. with manual u have more control so its less forgiving if u mess up. Its all in ur hands.

good luck
peace
Old 02-19-2005, 01:21 AM
Racer Z
Banned

Originally posted by Zexy
You're 16 get a Scion tC.

ahem* insurance rates people??? *ahem
Geez...I forgot about insurance rates for a 16 year old....Dude, your parents will pay MORE for insurance than in monthly payments for the Z itself!

Looks like you're getting that 1987 Nissan Pulsar with the Sport-Bak Wagon option.

LOL...I saw one of these on the road last week and laughed my azz off...OMG...LOL
Old 02-19-2005, 05:17 AM
EatMyZ

Originally posted by jun14scr
going from a pathfinder down to a smaller, faster, 350z is a big change. 6spd>manual. persoanlly, i'd wait till about 18 for a higher hp car and get something a little safer for you adjust to before making a huge jump in car types, powerranges.

tsx's are nice?

ps. i'm only 18, but still, i feel that if i had this car when i was 16, when i was much more immature, i would have wrecked it and received tickets out the wazoo.

my 2 cents.
I have to disagree, I am 17, if you are responsible enough this car is fine.
Old 02-19-2005, 07:06 AM
marhot

Hey, kcobean, let the thread ride.

You are correct, these "your parents are crazy and you're gonna kill yourself with this car" threads are just beat to death. However, they are a lot more entertaining than the “what should I buy, 6 speed or auto” threads!

I love how these threads are all the same; “Yes yes I know i`m a young`n, don`t even start.” ,
then it moves to the “just because I’m 16 doesn’t mean I’m immature…”,
and finally, to the “ really you`re placing a stereotype on me, without even getting a chance to know what I`m about first.”

Well, I’m not going to weigh in on the specifics of this thread. I’ve preached enough to teenagers in my life and on this thread to realize it does no good. But I do enjoy these threads for the entertainment value. An old man like me enjoys a good laugh now and then.

So, kcobean, let it go on, please.

Peace, kids.
Old 02-19-2005, 07:45 AM
Risk

We should start a pool, how long it takes the kid to crash it.....I say 3 weeks. Seriously, what the hell is wrong with your parents man?

(Sorry kcobean, there are some things in this world that are too hard to resist)
Old 02-19-2005, 08:27 AM
zmespeed

sensatio350z do you have any driving exsprieance before a car....four wheelers, go carts, dirtbikes. cuase if you do then i think you will do fine.
Old 02-19-2005, 09:02 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally posted by Racer Z
Geez...I forgot about insurance rates for a 16 year old....Dude, your parents will pay MORE for insurance than in monthly payments for the Z itself!

Looks like you're getting that 1987 Nissan Pulsar with the Sport-Bak Wagon option.

LOL...I saw one of these on the road last week and laughed my azz off...OMG...LOL
I told you to stay on topic. Don't post another post like this or I will close this thread.

That goes for Risk too.

And marhot, we aren't here to entertain you.
Old 02-19-2005, 09:49 AM
Sensation350Z

zmespeed: I ride dirtbikes for now, i have a 50 and a 125.
Risk: I don`t plan on being a reckless driver. What car I get doesn`t have any reflection on the kind of parent my dad is. He knows I wont be a reckless driver, and if/when I do any racing, it`ll be on a track. If you came here looking to run your mouth and make a complete *** out of yourself, think again. Just because i`m 16 [happy birthday to me], doesn`t mean I`m going to allow some internet loser to disrespect me, or my family. I mean come on, didn`t your mother teach you better than to talk trash on the internet? Apparently not, it`s a shame.

Moving on.. I`m completely fine with all the OMGOMGOMGOMG YOUR ONLY 16 U DONT DESERVE A CAR LIKE THIS!!11 crap that i`m getting, because I know i made a mistake when I posted my age. But in all seriousness, I came here looking for opinions on which is better, automatic or manual transmission, and why. thanks.
Old 02-19-2005, 10:01 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally posted by Sensation350Z
zmespeed: I ride dirtbikes for now, i have a 50 and a 125.
Risk: I don`t plan on being a reckless driver. What car I get doesn`t have any reflection on the kind of parent my dad is. He knows I wont be a reckless driver, and if/when I do any racing, it`ll be on a track. If you came here looking to run your mouth and make a complete *** out of yourself, think again. Just because i`m 16 [happy birthday to me], doesn`t mean I`m going to allow some internet loser to disrespect me, or my family. I mean come on, didn`t your mother teach you better than to talk trash on the internet? Apparently not, it`s a shame.

Looks like you are insulting him back.

Moving on.. I`m completely fine with all the OMGOMGOMGOMG YOUR ONLY 16 U DONT DESERVE A CAR LIKE THIS!!11 crap that i`m getting, because I know i made a mistake when I posted my age. But in all seriousness, I came here looking for opinions on which is better, automatic or manual transmission, and why. thanks.
Old 02-19-2005, 10:19 AM
mdacko

please dont buy an automatic Z.

but at the same time, dont learn to drive stick on the Z, you'll prolly blow the clutch in 12k miles.
Old 02-19-2005, 12:30 PM
marhot

Originally posted by nis350ztt
And marhot, we aren't here to entertain you.
**wrong**

LOL!

Old 02-19-2005, 12:40 PM
jdnissanz

Default I know what you mean

Hey man at 16 I got my first 2003 Enthusiast Nissan 350Z from my dad he told me to get auto so I got it...Anyway I didn't like my decision a couple months into the decision becaus eI race and I track adn manual was the way to go....Sooo I traded the 2003 for a 2004 Touring Nissan 350Z manual....I loved this car man you will definetly enjoy driving it and screw traffic no offense but for me I got in a traffic jam for maybe 3 times while I've had the car no worries....At from 16 to now 18 I have only gotten one ticket and no accidents soo I know when you get this car you gonna take care of it like I did, but sadly I got a LEMON Z sooo I have no car for now buying a enw car next week!
Old 02-19-2005, 12:46 PM
jdnissanz

Wasss up with some of the older guyz bashing on the ****in younger guys man ****in give respect for them asking a question cause maybe they thought some of your dumbasses are WISE! This is a forum to ****in help not to bash other Z members keep your dumb comments to yourself...Good luck man in buying a Z!
Old 02-19-2005, 06:55 PM
Pat D

It is wisdom that makes people bash a little bit, because we know EXACTLY what we would have done with this car at 16

Go manual, you aren't at an age that you are going to be caught in a lot of rush hour traffic, and that's the only time an auto is better.

And please be careful, don't try to push your car too much too fast, it takes time to learn the limits of any performance car and if you lack the experience in reacting to a situation (like losing the rear-end, or understeering and heading towards a curb) your reflex will not be correct decision. *speaking from experience*
Old 02-19-2005, 08:46 PM
Z BOY

I told everyone not to make another post like this...thread closed.

PM me if you have any questions - Nis350ZTT

Last edited by nis350ztt; 02-19-2005 at 09:00 PM.