Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

If you earn it, Then you Deserve it

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 11:15 AM
pyindeem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just remember 1 thing.

It's Car Forum. Not your age, life , hardship expectency, etc.
The best thing to do is just stick with the car related topics.
just my 2 c
Old 03-20-2005, 11:16 AM
Z-Stalker

I'm 14 and have been saving paper route money and money from lemonaid stand for 2 years and Mom gives me $100 for sweepeeing out her garage for her beat up 4 banger civic LOL1! and my Dad is divorseed from her but still pays alimoney and when I visit him he gives me like $200 LMAO OMG!!1S and says if I downt tell he give me other money for down paymentts when I turn 17 and get my permist then I can deliver pizza and make a lot of money I downt have any other bills cause Mom takes care of me but she shuld because like I said Im 14 and downt no if Im doing callege because my grades are kind of sucky now anyway and I downt like shchool but grandma is dying soon and Mom says shes givin me a lot of $$$ so I downtt care about school dna stuff cause I will probababely start a drift schoool or somehitng like that my frend noes someone who does this and they make a ton of money so go ahead and hate on me cause I donwnt care LOL!1 cause lots of people hear are just hatin me cause I got a nice mom and Dad

so
Old 03-20-2005, 11:30 AM
TJMAudio

Old 03-20-2005, 11:40 AM
nashjam

This thread reminds me of a conversation I had with my dad and a neighborhood kid. He called my car a form of delayed gratification. That is having a "nice" car and other "nice" things that are unnecessary should only come after necessary responsibilities are taken car of.
I'm not saying anyone here hasn't taken care of the necessary stuff in life, but FUCHAOWNAOFdaZ and all you other young prospective owners should think about where you might be in 3-4 years. You never know when having 15k in the bank might help out once the "necessary" responsibilities aka bills start coming in.
IMHO put it towards college, it'll pay off more in the long run.
Old 03-20-2005, 12:08 PM
afreemason

Way to go guys @@@king excellent thread ....... I thought I pi55ed people off without trying

I've read with interest if not total attention from sunny Birmingham, England and while I agree with loads of sentiment on both sides of this discussion there seems to be one point that hasn't come out too clearly.....

It's got sod all to do with being able to afford a 280 bhp sports car..... it's having the maturity to handle it with responsibility and at the risk of upsetting people I'm 34 years old and there's day's when I still drive like a numpty ...... a car had the capability to kill and unless you display the wisdom of soloman at a young age (and doing so would preclude you from driving the car in the first place I might add) you really shouldn't be allowed out to play with such a piece of kit.... over here the car costs nearly double what you guys are paying for it from what I can tell ..... but responsibility is priceless. You gotta live some before you accumulate wisdom ..... you can't buy it.

I put a post on a thread by Silverstone today, 'he' looks like he wrapped his zed round a tree ..... I comiserated and then checked his profile ..... don't know if it's true but I think it said 'e' was 17 ...... nuff said I think

Old 03-20-2005, 12:18 PM
Bat

I agree with Nashjam. I'm currently in college and want a Z more than anything, but I can't afford it due to the high cost of college. I probably wont be able to afford it until around 2008 or 2009 because I want to get about 20K for a down payment saved (only 1k saved right now), and I intend to get married and buy a house before I get a car. Besides, my fiancee would kill me if I bought the Z before the house, although it's not just her that makes me want to get a house first. It's simple common sense. I need to get a house and get on my feet finacially before I ca even think about an indulgence purchase like a Z (and it IS an indulgence purchase, since I have a car that is in perfect working order and only 74k miles on it right now).
Old 03-20-2005, 12:45 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Destiny350Z
I got my Z when I was 16..but it was mainly because I am a good, responsible, kid! I graduated form high school a year early and I'm not one to get in trouble. Before my dad was killed he said if I continued to work hard at school and be responsible that he would buy me any car I wanted. So my Mom continued his promise and took some of the insurance money and bought my Z. What I'm trying to say is that you shouldn't hate on people or be jealous of them because you never know what they went through to get what they have. I love my Z but I loved my dad more, I would much rather have a dad then a car.
I'm sorry to hear about your dad.

The "hate" (which is not an accurate word, but if it works for you..) you receive is somewhat the result of the fact that it seems normal to you that being a "good and responsible kid" comes with a $30K price tag. I'm a good responsible adult, so congratulations, we've both figured out how to be peaceful members of society. However, it didn't earn me a car, and the frustration surrounding posts like yours is that in the REAL world, being 'good and responsible' will buy you a cup of coffee if you throw in 2 bucks. See the difference in viewpoints? None of us hate you, we just find your view on life frustratingly unrealistic, yet you think we're jealous.

The original post in this thread really had no point other than to boast under the disguise of complaining about being picked on, and maybe to seek affirmation from the readers that spending two years of hard-earned savings and almost every penny he'll earn for the next 5 years on a single object is the right thing to do. Does it seem that way to you?

And finally, the real problem is that posts like these got old about 300 17-year olds ago.
Old 03-20-2005, 01:03 PM
kcobean

Originally Posted by Z-Stalker
I'm 14 and have been saving paper route money and money from lemonaid stand for 2 years and Mom gives me $100 for sweepeeing out her garage for her beat up 4 banger civic LOL1! and my Dad is divorseed from her but still pays alimoney and when I visit him he gives me like $200 LMAO OMG!!1S and says if I downt tell he give me other money for down paymentts when I turn 17 and get my permist then I can deliver pizza and make a lot of money I downt have any other bills cause Mom takes care of me but she shuld because like I said Im 14 and downt no if Im doing callege because my grades are kind of sucky now anyway and I downt like shchool but grandma is dying soon and Mom says shes givin me a lot of $$$ so I downtt care about school dna stuff cause I will probababely start a drift schoool or somehitng like that my frend noes someone who does this and they make a ton of money so go ahead and hate on me cause I donwnt care LOL!1 cause lots of people hear are just hatin me cause I got a nice mom and Dad

so
You know, I was going to flame you up one side and down the other for this poorly written, incoherent drivel but then I thought that since you're only 14 you deserve some slack. My only input to you is that you need to 'care about school dna stuff', even if you have plans to 'probababely start a drift school or somehitng' because A) Mom and Dad's generosity won't last forever, and B) Starting a performance driving school really means that you will start and own a business, and as such you will need to be able to communicate effectively which you clearly can't do right now. School may not interest you, but the basic and somewhat lacking education you will leave the public education system with will at least make you somewhat more literate than you are now.

Good luck dude.
Old 03-20-2005, 01:18 PM
350fanatic

Originally Posted by FUCHAOWNAOFdaZ
I'm 17, I've been saving for a year now, aiming for $15000 downpayment, currently have $6000. Should have 15 grand by Feb 06. Anyone else like me?
in other words:

im cool and responsible because i save my own money for the Z and i dont pay for anything else. since i have no money left after the monthly payment i can just live in my car!
Old 03-20-2005, 02:19 PM
BoostTed

Originally Posted by kcobean
You know, I was going to flame you up one side and down the other for this poorly written, incoherent drivel but then I thought that since you're only 14 you deserve some slack. My only input to you is that you need to 'care about school dna stuff', even if you have plans to 'probababely start a drift school or somehitng' because A) Mom and Dad's generosity won't last forever, and B) Starting a performance driving school really means that you will start and own a business, and as such you will need to be able to communicate effectively which you clearly can't do right now. School may not interest you, but the basic and somewhat lacking education you will leave the public education system with will at least make you somewhat more literate than you are now.

Good luck dude.
I think his post was a joke
Old 03-20-2005, 02:25 PM
kcobean

Originally Posted by BoostTed
I think his post was a joke

Baahaahaahaa!!! I get it!
Old 03-20-2005, 02:33 PM
Z-Stalker

LOL, yes it was a joke. I'm 41 actually and an engineer. I bought mine because I can afford it at my age. The wife and I never carry any more debt than one of us can handle. I'm very responsible with my debt.

Z-Stalker
Old 03-20-2005, 03:30 PM
bstansbu

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default hahaha

This has got to be one of the funniest threads Ive read in a while. Great advice though guys. If I was 17 again, I would be thinking, these jackazzs dont know *****, what a bunch of losers, but now that im 10 years past 17, makes hella sense. Wish I knew then what I know now. One more thing for any younger person that wants to get a Z. Im no financial expert, and someone correct me if im way off here, but who in their right mind would put a down payment of 15-20 grand on a car. Put 1-5 grand down and make the payments every month. That left over 10 grand in a nice mutual fund or in some low/med risk investments will make you some money. Anyone else agree with that? BEN

Last edited by bstansbu; 03-20-2005 at 04:19 PM. Reason: wrong spelling
Old 03-20-2005, 03:34 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bstansbu
This has got to be one of the funniest threads Ive read in a while. Great advice though guys. If I was 17 again, I would be thinking, these jackazzs dont know *****, what a bunch of losers, but now that im 10 years past 17, makes hella since. Wish I knew then what I know now. One more thing for any younger person that wants to get a Z. Im no financial expert, and someone correct me if im way off here, but who in their right mind would put a down payment of 15-20 grand on a car. Put 1-5 grand down and make the payments every month. That left over 10 grand in a nice mutual fund or in some low/med risk investments will make you some money. Anyone else agree with that? BEN
That's what I was thinking...why put a 15k down payment!?!?
Old 03-20-2005, 04:28 PM
kcobean

Originally Posted by bstansbu
This has got to be one of the funniest threads Ive read in a while. Great advice though guys. If I was 17 again, I would be thinking, these jackazzs dont know *****, what a bunch of losers, but now that im 10 years past 17, makes hella sense. Wish I knew then what I know now. One more thing for any younger person that wants to get a Z. Im no financial expert, and someone correct me if im way off here, but who in their right mind would put a down payment of 15-20 grand on a car. Put 1-5 grand down and make the payments every month. That left over 10 grand in a nice mutual fund or in some low/med risk investments will make you some money. Anyone else agree with that? BEN
If you put 5K down and tie the rest up in a mutual fund or other secured investment where you can't get to it for a year or two, your monthly payments on the car go up and then the it doesn't fit into your monthly budget.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:53 PM
Destiny350Z

Originally Posted by kcobean
I'm sorry to hear about your dad.

The "hate" (which is not an accurate word, but if it works for you..) you receive is somewhat the result of the fact that it seems normal to you that being a "good and responsible kid" comes with a $30K price tag. I'm a good responsible adult, so congratulations, we've both figured out how to be peaceful members of society. However, it didn't earn me a car, and the frustration surrounding posts like yours is that in the REAL world, being 'good and responsible' will buy you a cup of coffee if you throw in 2 bucks. See the difference in viewpoints? None of us hate you, we just find your view on life frustratingly unrealistic, yet you think we're jealous.

The original post in this thread really had no point other than to boast under the disguise of complaining about being picked on, and maybe to seek affirmation from the readers that spending two years of hard-earned savings and almost every penny he'll earn for the next 5 years on a single object is the right thing to do. Does it seem that way to you?

And finally, the real problem is that posts like these got old about 300 17-year olds ago.
First of all, I was using the word "hate" as in "player hate." Second did I say that it was normal for a kid to get $30K gift? No I didn't say that, so I would greatly appreciate it if you didn't put words in my mouth!! I didn't get my Z just because I was and still am a "good girl" but I got it because I worked hard (it may not have been for money) and I took care of business like I should!! It was a promise that my dad made and mom stuck to it! And it was also a "I'm sorry you don't have a daddy anymore" gift! The Z came out of my part of the settlement money! I pay insurance, my service cost and I pay for my mods! You may have physically worked hard for your car but you have no clue what it was like for me when I lost my dad! You may spend the next five years paying for your Z, but I'll spend the rest of my life without a father! My Z is the only positive thing that came out of my loss! I have tried to look at it from your point of view and I see where you are coming from... now why don't you look at it from mine! Third... Did I say you are jealous? No!!! I was just giving a little life lesson, that you should never be jealous because you don't know what the person has when through to get what he or she has!! I didn't say that you personally, or anyone else on this thread happens to be jealous of me!!! Now, you can think my views on life are "frustratingly unrealistic" until the cows come home!! But then again how would you know what my "life views" are you don't know me!! kcobean, as for as your comment about no one hating me... you could have fooled me!!Because the things you said couldn't have been spoken in a nice tone!
Old 03-20-2005, 06:55 PM
Risk

Its a good thing that someone started a "Im 16yo and getting a Z" thread since we have been lacking one for a few days.
Old 03-20-2005, 09:24 PM
B-Unit

Originally Posted by FUCHAOWNAOFdaZ
A lot of people hate seeing people under the age of 22 getting nice cars such as 350zs. Now my questions is, don't you think that if they actually worked hard for it and bought it, then they deserve it.
I'm 17, I've been saving for a year now, aiming for $15000 downpayment, currently have $6000. Should have 15 grand by Feb 06. Anyone else like me?

Congratulations!!!!

NOW YOU GET THE MIND Numbing JOY OF BEING A SLAVE TO YOUR CAR! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!1
Old 03-20-2005, 09:29 PM
B-Unit

Originally Posted by Destiny350Z
I got my Z when I was 16..but it was mainly because I am a good, responsible, kid! I graduated form high school a year early and I'm not one to get in trouble. Before my dad was killed he said if I continued to work hard at school and be responsible that he would buy me any car I wanted. So my Mom continued his promise and took some of the insurance money and bought my Z. What I'm trying to say is that you shouldn't hate on people or be jealous of them because you never know what they went through to get what they have. I love my Z but I loved my dad more, I would much rather have a dad then a car.

Im a 3rd year college student. Got one B so far in over 2 years of college and graduate top of my class in HS. I worked hella hard........

But i didnt get a Z becuase of that. Im real with people and just tell em its cuz my dad is loaded.

Nothing worse than young kids like me who get a nice car and try to justify something they dont deserve. I know i dont deserve it, thats why I freakin try to pay my parents back with good grades and being a "good son". But i know that doesnt count, but im sure my dad would rather see me do well in school than by getting a job to pay him back.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:11 AM
hypeiv

I didn't put that much down. Guess you earned it more than me.

Quick Reply: If you earn it, Then you Deserve it