Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

If you earn it, Then you Deserve it

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 04:45 PM
FUCHAOWNAOFdaZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you earn it, Then you Deserve it

A lot of people hate seeing people under the age of 22 getting nice cars such as 350zs. Now my questions is, don't you think that if they actually worked hard for it and bought it, then they deserve it.
I'm 17, I've been saving for a year now, aiming for $15000 downpayment, currently have $6000. Should have 15 grand by Feb 06. Anyone else like me?
Old 03-19-2005, 04:55 PM
BoostTed

difference between someone 22 or older saving 15K for a down payment and someone under 22 saving for a 15K downpayment...

The person who's 22 or older dont make a post and talk about how they are saving 15k for a downpayment. Just go about your day and do it, do what you gotta do. The problem is you got these young kids who feel they have this need to come and announce I'm x yrs old and I worked x jobs to save and pay for my own Z...who cares. I dont care how old or young you are or how you got your Z, just go about it discretly.
Old 03-19-2005, 04:56 PM
EdgeOfSanity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

absolutly true, i didnt earn the down payment i used for my z. But i work my *** off just to make the payments every month.
Old 03-19-2005, 05:16 PM
350fanatic

Originally Posted by EdgeOfSanity
absolutly true, i didnt earn the down payment i used for my z. But i work my *** off just to make the payments every month.
me too, working hard to keep up payments but its well worth it..

reason older folks hate is cause most of em have worked all their life but they still cant afford the car they've always wanted.. if i was 50 and workedmy *** off all my life and drive a POS id be be frustrated to see young kids drivin fast cars also..

they also hate cause 80-90% of the kids are spoiled brats drivin a sports car that daddy bought em...
Old 03-19-2005, 05:16 PM
Chicken

BoostTed touched on one important aspect. As he said, it's like a re-run of the twins thread (if you don't know, errr... nevermind) every time someone does this. No one here really cares how old you are, how much you put down, etc., it's not high school here.

Second, although there will be those that disagree, a more moderate car is often best for younger drivers, even if they've been driving since they were 12. it's just common sense.

Third, you're 17 and have saved $6,000 and will be saving another $9,000 all to put it down on a car? They really need to teach investing in school. It just blows my mind that people don't understand this relatively simple concept. If I didn't like cars so much, I wouldn't be driving a $30K car, but since I make over $6,000 a month, I can afford to buy a few things I know are not good investments.

You aren't in the same position and IMHO, should consider doing without the fancy car and putting your money elsewhere. You might not listen to the advice, but if you don't own a house, you should save the majority of your money for something else at this point in your life.

My 2 cents (invest those 2 cents)
Old 03-19-2005, 05:28 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally Posted by BoostTed
difference between someone 22 or older saving 15K for a down payment and someone under 22 saving for a 15K downpayment...

The person who's 22 or older dont make a post and talk about how they are saving 15k for a downpayment. Just go about your day and do it, do what you gotta do. The problem is you got these young kids who feel they have this need to come and announce I'm x yrs old and I worked x jobs to save and pay for my own Z...who cares. I dont care how old or young you are or how you got your Z, just go about it discretly.
I agree 100%.
Old 03-19-2005, 05:43 PM
BigMoeTaki42

Originally Posted by BoostTed

+1
Old 03-19-2005, 05:44 PM
BoostTed

Originally Posted by 350fanatic
reason older folks hate is cause most of em have worked all their life but they still cant afford the car they've always wanted.. if i was 50 and workedmy *** off all my life and drive a POS id be be frustrated to see young kids drivin fast cars also..
trust me they most of them arent hating because they are jealous of a young kid. They hate because of the arrogance of these kids, going around thinking they are the **** because they drive a nice car. As you get older you realize who cares what the guy next to you has, you arent judged as a person on how many nice things you have, you are judged on your character.
Old 03-19-2005, 05:45 PM
35oZephyR

After seeing early 20's in Ferrari's...

I honestly don't give a shiet who's driving my sub 30k car.

Some kid just got his license and daddy bought his car, good for him. Some 70 year old living up his younger years with a respirator attached to the rear strut bar, good for him too!

If you like it, save and buy it. All that matters at the end of the day is what it means to you, and if you can really appreciate it. Don't let all these subjective views constitute what makes you happy in your own life. Cuz obviously they wouldn't be complaining if they were happy in theirs.

Good luck.
Old 03-19-2005, 07:06 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FUCHAOWNAOFdaZ
A lot of people hate seeing people under the age of 22 getting nice cars such as 350zs. Now my questions is, don't you think that if they actually worked hard for it and bought it, then they deserve it.
I'm 17, I've been saving for a year now, aiming for $15000 downpayment, currently have $6000. Should have 15 grand by Feb 06. Anyone else like me?
Wow, that's really great man!!! How are you managing to save that kind of money after paying your mortgage, your electric bill, phone bill, cable bill, Home-owners fees, health-insurance, food, clothing, prepping for college, etc.?

What's that you say? Your parents pay for every other possible aspect of your existence? Oh. Then I can't imagine why you're getting hated on.

Seriously though man, you and I have talked at length about this whole thing. If you wanna keep the haters at bay, don't bring up your age. Just share your enjoyment of the car with your fellow enthusiasts and don't make the other stuff an issue.

Peace!

Last edited by kcobean; 03-19-2005 at 07:22 PM.
Old 03-19-2005, 07:28 PM
hurahn

If you worked for it then good. If your parents bought it then I hate you. But only because I don't come from money and my dad would work the **** outta me in order for me to get allowance. For all you young cats that want to buy any expensive car, just remember that it's a car and all it takes is one good accident and it's gone. You could've gotten a used civic,sentra, etc. and put the rest into mutual funds, CD's, an IRA and education. There's plenty time to get a hot car.
Old 03-19-2005, 08:02 PM
EatMyZ

Where do I fall in this? I'm 17, the Z wasn't bought for me... it's my moms car.. I just drive it
Old 03-19-2005, 09:31 PM
EdgeOfSanity

Originally Posted by hurahn
You could've gotten a used civic,sentra, etc. and put the rest into mutual funds, CD's, an IRA and education. There's plenty time to get a hot car.
i had a civic that my parents bought me when i was 16. I used it as a down payment on my z. I could have spent all the money i make right now on something else, but i wouldnt have it any other way. My obsession with fast cars will get the better of me the rest of my life i think.
Old 03-19-2005, 09:57 PM
SB Track

Originally Posted by FUCHAOWNAOFdaZ
Shut up kid. Some of these guys actually have to pay for the roof over their heads and other such bills. You had your parents paying for all that while you save up. Those guys bought their cars with their own money too, but none of them posted about it. Like BoosTed wrote, go about it discretely. We don't care how you got your Z. The fact that you make a post to show off your age like this is immature in itself.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:38 AM
theonetheonly

I agree with the others, saving up for car payments means nothing when everything else is paid for by the parents. When I was younger I had some money saved up from summer/part-time jobs, but I was expected to pick up some of my own expenses before I could put it into a new expensive car.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:05 AM
capnfrantic

Originally Posted by Chicken
I know are not good investments.
Somebody finally said it! Cars are one of the biggest waste of money I can think of. Hopefully this being said, young people will realize sooner. But then again those that claim to know this are'nt making a good testament on this forum are we?

FUCHAOWNAOFdaZ
These guys don't care how old you are...But I do think they care haw mature you are. Trust me there are thirty year olds that act 16. I do not think I would mention age again....
Old 03-20-2005, 07:21 AM
Zcool

However you got your Z, paid for it yourself or it was a gift, as long as you didn't steal it or pay for it with illegal gains it's yours and you have every right to enjoy it. If anyone criticizes your ownership tell them to shove it.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:33 AM
ZIABLO
I am Batman

How about you never make a post like this again?
Old 03-20-2005, 08:14 AM
TJMAudio

Originally Posted by EnthuZiastDrive
How about you never make a post like this again?
I agree, or else!
Old 03-20-2005, 10:18 AM
Destiny350Z

I got my Z when I was 16..but it was mainly because I am a good, responsible, kid! I graduated form high school a year early and I'm not one to get in trouble. Before my dad was killed he said if I continued to work hard at school and be responsible that he would buy me any car I wanted. So my Mom continued his promise and took some of the insurance money and bought my Z. What I'm trying to say is that you shouldn't hate on people or be jealous of them because you never know what they went through to get what they have. I love my Z but I loved my dad more, I would much rather have a dad then a car.

Quick Reply: If you earn it, Then you Deserve it