2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Pissed and Ranting!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 06:43 PM
NorCal350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Pissed and Ranting!!!

Pissed and Ranting!
You know when i went to buy my brand new 05 DB Z, I thought hey, I want to do whatever i can to protect her in the long run (I dont ever plan on getting rid of her, want to garage her and let my kinds drive her) SO i shelled out about 2k extra for that permaplating and vinal protectant...

1) they said they were going to call me to set up appointment with me 2 days later, didnt ever call, I called them, left message and didnt get a responce till 3 days later

2) Permaplating ****ed up my windows, I had to go back to them which a cost me money (gass, more miles on my car, pain in the *** to change my very set work schedual)

3) Vinal protectant is even worse, they put it on, i thought maybe it needed day or 2 to dry out, well now i have this clearly greasy looking interior which is absolutly horid!

4) Go back again to have them fix it, they use this **** that smells like gas to try and clean it and even it out, didnt do **** really, again i sat there for another 30+ minutes

I really just want to kill someone at the dealership , and get my 2k back for all the problems and hastle and money lost from having to drive to the dealership (which is only in petaluma, but still a pain)

Think that I can get some of my cash back? I mean i really want to trade this car in for anotherone because of the way they ****ed it up, my interior looks like crap Never should have bought it

Last edited by NorCal350; 03-21-2005 at 06:49 PM. Reason: tital messed up
Old 03-21-2005, 06:57 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that 2k that you spent... that you spent trying to protect your Z's paint...so that someday way way in the future you can still appreciate the nice looking paint...

...you could have spent just a little more than that way way down the road and just had the car repainted. That also solves the rock chip problem

and whatever the dealer offers to put on the inside of the car on the plastic can only ruin it or make it sticky from everything i've heard

sorry to see you're upset, but that's my take
i don't trust any dealer to put anything on my car
Old 03-21-2005, 07:04 PM
cpoe52

My dealer put a POS World Link alarm system on my Z and promised it had the same features as LoJack and was better.

To make a long story short, the dealer misrepresented the product.

I sent a registered letter to Nissan's headquarters in Ohio? telling them all the details. The Nissan headquaters in California didn't care.

They refunded my $3,700 for tha alarm and paid it towards my car loan.

Look in your user manual for contact information with Nissan. Dealers pull a lot crap and Nissan does not support them doing that.

Good Luck...
Old 03-21-2005, 07:46 PM
CAN0802

Originally Posted by cpoe52
My dealer put a POS World Link alarm system on my Z and promised it had the same features as LoJack and was better.

To make a long story short, the dealer misrepresented the product.

I sent a registered letter to Nissan's headquarters in Ohio? telling them all the details. The Nissan headquaters in California didn't care.

They refunded my $3,700 for tha alarm and paid it towards my car loan.

Look in your user manual for contact information with Nissan. Dealers pull a lot crap and Nissan does not support them doing that.

Good Luck...
$3700 for an alarm?!? Did that include the vacuum attachment? What kind of features did it have for that kind of money?
Old 03-21-2005, 09:07 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I saw your post I thought you were "toast" on getting relief. But 52's post above gives some encouragement; call Nissan USA. Be polite to the Nissan rep; remember its the dealer your POed with.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:37 AM
FairladyZ

all that crap is just that, crap!
Old 03-22-2005, 11:29 AM
xray2

Default Sucker!

I'd be more pissed spending 2k on the biggest dealer scam.
I'd never think in 2005, let alone even 1995 people would fall for this.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:06 PM
350fanatic

i paide for somethin like that mine was called "touch of class"

usually i dont pay for anything like that but they have in writing that they will replace the leather seats and paint for the life of the car..

for the leather it includes, cracking, creasing, and fading they will replace

for paint they'll repaint it if its caused by rain, sun, sap, bird crap...etc

we'll see what happens in time, my leather seats are starting to have creases already..
Old 03-22-2005, 02:06 PM
SlamMan

should have come here and asked first.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:07 PM
cpoe52

The World Link Alarm system was $3,495, They didn't tell me how much it was they just told me it was better than LoJack. I was excited about the car purchase and wasn't paying close attention to these snakes. The alarm was sold as a satellite alarm system.
If your car was jacked or stolen, you could call a number, put in a code and it would kill the car and flash the lights and blow the horn. You can call and have them unlock you doors and a few other tricks. Most of the feathers didn't work when I tested them.

I told them they would never know where the car was after disabling it. LoJack can tells you within 50 feet of where it is.

Shame on me for not paying close attention, I hate car dealers.

Last edited by cpoe52; 03-23-2005 at 07:19 PM.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:15 PM
cpoe52

NorCal350:

Write a letter to Nissan and tell them all the details of your experience. Tell them how unhappy you are with the treatment with all details.
I sent my letter to:

W.J. Kirrane
Vice President
General Manager, Nissan Division
Nissan North America, Inc.
P.O. Box 10088
Toledo, OH 43682-4171

Be sure to send it US Certified Mail with a return Receipt.

I didn't expect much, but was happy with the refund.

Good Luck!
Old 03-24-2005, 11:57 PM
sselway

I feel for you bud. I know its not the same situation but I remember when my friend back in 1998 bought a bada## WS6 Trans Am. He drove it to work and his boss asked him to go to the hardware store for some reason and buy 2 buckets of paint. They were sealed (or so he thought) and on the way home and old fat cow of a lady slammed on her brakes... The paint buckets were sitting in the front passenger seat and hit the dash board. YUP, enough force and they exploded. His entire interior was covered in beige Lacquer paint. Since the paint was covering most of the windshield he couldnt chase down the old lady. So there he was with a brand new car with only 700 miles on it. Perhaps you shouldnt feel so bad after reading this?

Last edited by sselway; 03-24-2005 at 11:59 PM.
Old 03-25-2005, 05:23 AM
tacomaboy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, we got that same crap on my wifes Murano for free. Well, we basically argued to 100 over invoice for the car, and they threw in the tint, and that stupid protectant crap for free. I might have given them 20 bucks for it... maybe. The tint job is good though. Perhaps next car you wont bother giving them 2000 dollars for this? IMO it should be ILLEGAL for them to try and scam people this way.

BTW, its funny how at that dealership I noticed most cars (Murano, Armada, etc) that had the protectant B.S. the dealer added 999 to the price. But on the Z it added 1999. Is this because the Z has more seats? more paint? HAH!
Old 03-25-2005, 09:14 AM
RNL323
Mod My Ride

Hey NorCal350-

Go the corporate route by calling or writing the Nissan folks, BUT in the meantime raise hell at that dealership! Get your money back or have them get someone qualified to do it at their expense.

My brother just bought a Altima SE-R at Hanlees in Richmond and they pulled the same crap oh him. His interior had the same problem you described. He raised hell and they finally did it right.

Their excuse was he brought his car in on a cloudy day so they couldn't see all the sections they missed in the interior. My brother then said, "if that's your reason why did you even try to do it? Why didn't you just tell me to come on a sunny day?" So when they finally did it right, instead of waiting inside the dealership while they re-applied the stuff, he stood there and watched and pointed out every detail they were missing.

In my experience with the service people, the only way to get something done right is to be a jerk and get in their face. I'm usually laid back and mild mannered, but when it comes to my Z, don't F around.
Old 03-25-2005, 09:26 AM
Sly_Z

I would just request a partial refund or something.
Old 03-25-2005, 12:53 PM
Masterfulks

I'm way to suspicious to allow anything like that to be put on my car....
Old 03-25-2005, 03:46 PM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

Originally Posted by cpoe52
If your car was jacked or stolen, you could call a number, put in a code and it would kill the car and flash the lights and blow the horn. You can call and have them unlock you doors and a few other tricks. Most of the feathers didn't work when I tested them.
How cool would it be if when you reported it stolen it cut the engine and a recording started playing really loud saying "This car has been stolen!! Please report it's location to your local law enforcement! This vehicle will self destruct in 5-4-3-2-1". That would be the best alarm ever! I want one!
Old 03-25-2005, 04:06 PM
Masterfulks

Do people still use the old kill switch...
Old 03-25-2005, 04:07 PM
BigMoeTaki42

^ Hahaha +1, that alarm would rule. The engine cuts off, the doors lock, and it says "This car has been reported as stolen. It will self destruct in 30 seconds. Have a nice day, if you have any questions please call 1-800-556-1128".

Anyway, complain to the dealer a lot, and if that doesn't work write a letter or call Nissan. It all depends how bad of a job they did, unless it's really shitty they may not do anything. Good luck man, sorry bout the whole mess.