Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FYI update

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2002, 10:31 AM
cheap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy FYI update

For those of you who know what's going on with my Nissan drama, I have a disappointing update.

Got ahold of the General sales manager today at Vacaville Nissan, where I had supposedly preordered my Z. That's right, boys 'n girls, my car hasn't even been ORDERED yet! Apparently, when I "ordered" my car, and paid my deposit, I was basically lied to point blank and told that I was order # 7 of 10. Well, turns out I'm 10 of 7, and while the first 7 actually have their cars on order I simply paid my $1000 deposit to be on the waiting list for dealer allotments.

What BS!!!!!

What this basically means to you and me is that if my dealer gets 3 allocatements for new Zs in september, mine will be the third. If they only get 2, my car wouldn't even be ordered until November. Unfortunately for me, the sales person that took my order and "faxed it in" to Nissan (HA another f*ckin lie) doesn't work there anymore (I can't get a straight answer whether he was fired, quit, or transferred/promoted) so I can't beat his ***. I have my contact, Sharon, in the Pleasanton Nissan office looking into this matter, but unless there's something to be done to get me a Z before 2003 I'll be throwing in the towel. I've been doing a lot of thinking about it all and I really should be spending this $$ on a house, not a car, but I wouldn't even be thinking like this had everything gone the way it was supposed to...

I know many of you have been waiting since January, but you will be the first to be driving these cars... not just another Z owner 6 months (or later) after they come out. This is screwing up my whole deal with a shop that was gonna sponsor my car, too. RRRRGH I'm so freakin pissed over this whole deal.

Oh, and to add a lil' icing to the cake, as I'm deliberating all of this to the general manager, he tells me that if I want my deposit back that'd be no problem for him as he has 14 people behind me on the list that are waiting to pay over MSRP.

Rants, raves, comments, suggestions, and definetly solutions all welcome... *hopefully* someone with authority inside Nissan will recognize my plight and hook it up but based on my Nissan experience thus far I won't be holding my breath.

If anyone gets one of these rumored surveys, I desperately want you to photocopy it and mail me one. I have some asses to fry.
Old 08-13-2002, 10:33 AM
3rdpower

Not popping your bubble but that's strictly bs by a dealer... sorry man - that blows
Old 08-13-2002, 10:43 AM
cheap

I've got no bubble left to pop...
Attached Images  
Old 08-13-2002, 10:51 AM
knihc2008

that sux soooo much. holy wow. we've gotta all get together and kick this dealer's @$$.
Old 08-13-2002, 10:57 AM
ZON

Do you want to bye my model 23C .40 S&W Glock?
Old 08-13-2002, 11:04 AM
nizl

Default Re: FYI update

That sucks. You got screwed.

Here's what I would do:

Originally posted by cheap
I've been doing a lot of thinking about it all and I really should be spending this $$ on a house, not a car, but I wouldn't even be thinking like this had everything gone the way it was supposed to...
1. Get your deposit back and report the dealer to Nissan and the BBB, as well as any local "watchdog groups" that could really make life miserable on the dealer. Just for fun.

2. Use the money to buy a house. I was in the same position about 4 years ago, bought the house, and it has been one of the coolest things I've done, both financially and emotionally.

3. Wait about 6 months. By March, the frenzy will have settled down. I can almost guarantee prices will be back to MSRP by then, once the initial hype wears off.

Like the old saying goes, "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade."

I know this post may seem a little rosey, but if you try to make the best of it I bet things will work out great in the end. But yes your dealer does need to be strung up.
Old 08-13-2002, 11:07 AM
cheap

Ok, even though I did start this thread in all seriousness, I can't help but post this...

A .40 would be fun, but I think I'd have a better time picking 'em off one at a time, so the fear has time to set in.
Attached Images  
Old 08-13-2002, 11:12 AM
ZON

Ok, even though I did start this thread in all seriousness, I can't help but post this...

A .40 would be fun, but I think I'd have a better time picking 'em off one at a time, so the fear has time to set in.
Do you want to bye my Armalite .223 AR 15 with Bushnell scope?
Old 08-13-2002, 11:22 AM
mongoZ

Dude, that really really SUCKS! What a nightmare!

So you never received an order confirmation or that Z CD-Rom packet like the rest of us?
Old 08-13-2002, 11:34 AM
cheap

I never received ANYTHING - no CDROM, no VIN, no confirmation packet. Nada. Which is what tipped me off to the whole bucket of shenanigans in the first place. I kept wondering why I was the only preorderer on the board who hadn't received any confirmation... It also explains why I wasn't on the invite list to the Danville show (when I was the VERY first person to show up, at 4 am).
Old 08-13-2002, 11:37 AM
cheap

By the way I do like the idea of contacting the BBB. That thought had never occured to me before. I doubt it will help my situation any but it could possibly help prevent someone from making my mistake too.

Nothin like smearin a lil' mud, "just for fun."
Old 08-13-2002, 02:50 PM
RainmanZ

Default Other Options

Cheap,

There are several 350Z slots advertized on this site at msrp with an estimated delivery of sept/oct. Why don't you check it out? Just might save you some misery.

Just a thought...
Old 08-13-2002, 03:03 PM
Todd

OUCH!
Old 08-13-2002, 04:14 PM
rai

well september isn't so bad. I did pre-order and am not getting the car until the end of sept. You mean you never got the super special package in the mail either?

BTW I love those icons, I wish Jay could update our list.
Old 08-13-2002, 04:36 PM
2003z

Originally posted by rai
well september isn't so bad. I did pre-order and am not getting the car until the end of sept. You mean you never got the super special package in the mail either?

BTW I love those icons, I wish Jay could update our list.
I think he means september order, not september delivery Rai.

Cheap, I would either go with plan b and get the house instead, or take over someone's pre-order slot.
Old 08-13-2002, 05:18 PM
barnicleboy
Banned

Just wondering, so you never got the Confirmation Letter from Nissan, and never received an order # as well??
Old 08-13-2002, 05:23 PM
cheap

Ok, just for some clarafication, my car has not been ordered yet. It MIGHT get ordered in September, might not. Thusly, Nissan has no reason to send me anything.
Old 08-13-2002, 05:24 PM
barnicleboy
Banned

Never mind, just saw that post from you regarding this.
Old 08-13-2002, 05:27 PM
KDsZ

I had the exact thing happen to me at a dealer in Texas when I "ordered" in early April. I too had not received confirmation letter, packet, etc. Thanks to the info exchanged on this forum, I confronted the sales manager (and also contacted Nissan customer service)who finally fessed-up that I wasn't on the pre-order list (he was going to string me along until he could use his dealer allotment sometime next year - the bum..). Long story short... I found a dealer in Houston (also thanks to this forum) who had a pre-order cancellation and was able to take it over. The car was configured almost exactly like I wanted. A happy ending to a very sorry story..

Quick Reply: FYI update