Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Got ripped off by By Evanston Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2002 | 09:43 AM
mpol99

Thumbs down Got ripped off by By Evanston Dealer

No refound of my $1,000 since I bought my Z elsewhere. Filed a complaint with NNA & with the Better Busines Bureau. What else should I do??? They are trying to steal my money & I'm not gonna let it happen..... I'd hate to go legal on their a$s, but will if I have to. I have to re-read that fine print on the order form (the universal Nissan one).

Someone please HELP & suggest something helpful.

Thanks,

Marcin
Old 11-20-2002 | 10:12 AM
WashUJon

Default Re: Got ripped off by By Evanston Dealer

Originally posted by mpol99
No refound of my $1,000 since I bought my Z elsewhere. Filed a complaint with NNA & with the Better Busines Bureau. What else should I do??? They are trying to steal my money & I'm not gonna let it happen..... I'd hate to go legal on their a$s, but will if I have to. I have to re-read that fine print on the order form (the universal Nissan one).

Someone please HELP & suggest something helpful.

Thanks,

Marcin
Wow!!! I went there to look into ordering a Z and they were REALLY shady, so I walked out.

Have you mentioned to them that you complained to NNA and the BBB? That might get some leverage. Its not reasonable to keep a deposit on a car they're going to sell as soon as they get it. Its not like they're going to hurt because you reneged. I'd let them know what you had to do. I'm assuming you tried hard to get your deposit back before calling NNA and the BBB? Did you talk to anyone and everyone there?

Technically, if you signed any contract that stipulates a non-refundable deposit if you don't take the car, they didn't rip you off. You didn't have to agree to that. However, its not reasonable to NOT refund that money, considering how easily they can sell the car you didn't buy.

Last edited by WashUJon; 11-20-2002 at 10:17 AM.
Old 11-20-2002 | 10:38 AM
mpol99

Thumbs down their bs

The sales manager is saying that the car was ordered by me & made & ordered specially for me. He said they wouldn't usually take 6 speed????? damn liars... anyways, I doubt (or hope) that what I signed was non-refoundable since I signed the exact same thing at continental Nissan & there they said that it was refoundable.

I am gonna go get the copy of what I signed from those theives!

Marcin
Old 11-20-2002 | 10:42 AM
WashUJon

Default Re: their bs

Originally posted by mpol99
The sales manager is saying that the car was ordered by me & made & ordered specially for me. He said they wouldn't usually take 6 speed????? damn liars... anyways, I doubt (or hope) that what I signed was non-refoundable since I signed the exact same thing at continental Nissan & there they said that it was refoundable.

I am gonna go get the copy of what I signed from those theives!

Marcin
Raise hell with them. You obviously don't need them for more than your deposit, so make an *** of yourself, but be sure to do it in front of other customers. That makes them look bad. These guys are playing the game that they'll try to wait for you to give up before giving you your money back. I've seen it dozens of times in other businesses, too. Feigning any kind of difficulty selling ANY Z is the most ridiculous thing ever. They'll sell ANY Z for MORE than MSRP right off the floor the very same day it gets to the floor. Don't take any BS from them and do tell them that you notified NNA and the BBB. That might light a fire under their asses and get you your money back. Did you pay with a credit card? That's another avenue, if so.

PS - You probably did them a favor, if you ordered at MSRP, because now they'll get some chump to buy at a marked up price. They're just greedy and trying to keep an EXTRA grand (your money).