Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clear Bra Instalation In La

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 06:45 PM
Loic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Clear Bra Instalation In La

IÃÎ planning on getting a clear bra and I was wondering if you guys know a good shop in the LA area?

Thanks,

LOIC
Old 04-11-2005, 09:02 AM
mwaller

I had a good experience with Envisage Design Labs in Torrance. Great pricing, and great work. Edre knows what he's doing.
BTW - don't waste your money on the side mirror covers.. they don't look very good, and it's not a place that is likely to get stone chips. Just get the bumper and hood pieces. I chose not to get the hood piece because I didn't want to see a line. Now the front of my hood is full of chips. Bumper is still great, though.
Mika
Old 04-11-2005, 07:04 PM
samurai1

Default Where to install a clear bra!

Hi loic,

I had my full clear bra kit installed by Aeroshield in Monrovia. I would go with the full kit because it covers the fenders, mirrors, door edges and lower edge of the fender well. Francisco, the installer is an expert at installing the bra on Z's He used my Z as his proto-type for the bra and the headlight covers. I've had my bra for a year and it still looks brand new. Just polish it like the car. It saved my Z from many chips.....
http://www.aeroshield.com/home.html
Hope this helps.
Later
Old 04-11-2005, 07:51 PM
Roger V

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much did you guys pay for your clear bra?
Old 04-11-2005, 08:56 PM
Loic

Thanks very much fro the info guys.

Samurai one, how much did you pay?
I live in Pasadena, so I'll definitely check the Monrovia place.

Mwaller, I was planning to do the bumper and the hood...I just had my bumper replaced and my hood repainted and they were cover with chips...
Old 04-11-2005, 10:05 PM
danzzz

same here...wanna check the price first...(hopefully it wont be over $500)
Old 04-12-2005, 07:18 AM
mwaller

Envisage Design Labs was very fairly priced. I think I paid 400, which included the bumper, side mirrors, bumper, and headlight covers. I ultimately decided not to have the headlight covers installed, so I sold them (unused) to another forum member. If you're just interested in the hood and bumper, I'd estimate no more than $350.
Mika
Old 04-12-2005, 07:27 AM
Loic

Thanks for the inofo.
Old 04-12-2005, 07:35 AM
adidaskobe

I have had work done at Envisage Design on my 1st car about 2-3 yrs ago, I think this was in their infancy but Edre is very careful and makes sure it's done right. Also a real nice and honest guy.

On my 2nd car, Z roadster, I went with Star Shield Armor which is just north of west covina, near Performance Nissan where I bought the car. I went with Star Shield because Scott Webb on this site highly recommended them. Also, Envisage is or was out in Torrance and I'm coming from Inland Empire so Star Shield was closer in addition to being close to Perf Nissan. Went straight from buying my car to Star Shield down the freeway for the install to avoid any further chips. Steve and his staff are pretty organized and they did a great job. I really can't tell difference between the two, both were great. As far as pricing, I can't remember which was more or less but approx equal.

What I would recommend is if you're buying a car or looking to buy one, get it done right after you buy it at a shop close to the dealer. With my 2nd car, no chips at all on the existing bumper or hood before the laid on the film.
Old 04-12-2005, 02:33 PM
danzzz

i should have seen this thread earlier...cuz i've already had a couple of 'noticable' chips on my hood and bumper. (****..... )

(can i still put a clear bra on my car after these seveal chip-damages? )
Old 04-14-2005, 11:42 PM
samurai1

Default You can still put a clear bra over your chips

Hi danzzz,

I had a couple of chips on my hood when I installed my clear bra. What i did was use the factory paint to fill the chips first, then smooth out the paint by polishing it then have the clear bra installed. I was told it wont matter anyway. You can have the bra installed over chips, it will just have a little bubble over any chips where there is a low spot on the paint. You will save your paint from any further damage.
Good luck
Glenn