Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Hmmmmm, white trash comment about my car...LOL

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 09:21 AM
mpol99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hmmmmm, white trash comment about my car...LOL

So I make a left turn on a busy street & punch it...... I pass some big old SUV (which apparently was trying to race...lol). I'm making a left into my gym & stop at the red light.

The white trash pulls up next to me & yells: "That thing ain't fast!"

I look back & give him a big smile & say: "Nobody said it was! I have a bike for when I want to go fast!"

He pauses for a moment & says: "It looks nice though!"

Hahahahaha, I just thought that was funny
Old 04-11-2005, 12:32 PM
longbowe

Hahaha, once they realize that you have nothing to prove, they get real.
Old 04-11-2005, 01:11 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hehe yeah

had i been in that situation i would have said "yeah so?"

like i'd give a damn what some trash talking punk says
Old 04-11-2005, 01:14 PM
lane myers

like chappelle said..."that's just jealousy."
Old 04-11-2005, 02:05 PM
blazinZ

^^^ yup
Old 04-11-2005, 02:32 PM
DeeZee

Typical....here in the midwest(Minnesota) where the "Sportbrutes" are so commonplace, there is always have some guy within a plaid shirt and camo hat wanting to race you at a light.I just let them take me and laugh as they instantly waste $5 worth of gas....
Old 04-11-2005, 02:37 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hehe yeah it'd be kinda fun in a way to screw with people

guy wants to race you so you say ok man, when the light goes green

then just sorta halfway floor it - so maybe a little faster than normal, but not really going at it.

then next time you see him at the next light be like "awe man, you totally killed me - you must have one badass car!"
Old 04-11-2005, 02:41 PM
Tenac1ousZ

Originally Posted by mpol99
So I make a left turn on a busy street & punch it...... I pass some big old SUV (which apparently was trying to race...lol). I'm making a left into my gym & stop at the red light.

The white trash pulls up next to me & yells: "That thing ain't fast!"

I look back & give him a big smile & say: "Nobody said it was! I have a bike for when I want to go fast!"

He pauses for a moment & says: "It looks nice though!"

Hahahahaha, I just thought that was funny

It seems like some people really like the Z, then some just cant stand it. A while back, my friend and I were at a bank at about 1am (my car was parked). My friend was at the ATM, and I was standing and looking at my car, when this guy (maybe 20-21) walks by and says, "it ain't that fast...my car is faster" Does the Z have an invisible sign somewhere saying "I'm fast and furious!" ?

After my friend was done with the ATM, just for fun, we rolled next to the guy and asked if he wanted to race for money...."let me make a phone call..." says the guy. So, as he was talking on the payphone, we got bored and drove around the empty parking lot for fun. A few mins latter, came back to the guy and asked if he still wanted to run. His answer (drum roll please): I don't have my car right now; I let my homeboy borrow it, and he gave it to my sister...so my sister has my car...."

Last edited by Tenac1ousZ; 04-11-2005 at 02:43 PM.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:35 PM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

I think because the car looks sooo sporty and the fact that its only got 287 HP is kinda like...yea. I mean, this car with a v8 or stock twin turbo would rule. Looks gotta match the power, and we all know how hott this car looks. It should have like...1000000 HP in comparison with how awesome it looks. LOL
Old 04-11-2005, 10:15 PM
Risk

Well, you have more control than I wouldve shown. The moment that redneck said it "isnt fast," I probably wouldve treated him to a big smokey burnout!
Old 04-11-2005, 11:30 PM
Zzz...Zzz

just a small question here; when most of the trashy people say "that's thing ain't fast...." to your Z, what are they really talking about? Straight line acceleration only? well..., next time try to tell those non-educated "racers" to bring their "fast ride" to the track (not oval or drag strip) and run the laps. Who ever laps shorter time has a faster car isn't it?
Any amount of HP displaying in the street is a good way to let people know that your Z is "packed," however, killing a stock E46 M3 with a stock Z (343hp vs 287hp) in the same track with a 1.5~3 sec gap will really **** some people off nd that 's also the best way to prove what does "fast" mean. Thank You and keep driving the Z!!!
Old 04-12-2005, 12:56 AM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Haha. Haters love the Haterade.
Old 04-12-2005, 04:59 AM
valdeztke

I was riding along side some very pretentious looking lady with her window down and on the cell phone. We were both accelrating at a fairly decent rate. I turned my blow of valve so that is blows out the right wheel well..
She was giving me this look as she was trying to talk on the phone and my Vortech was giving her a nice lil amount of background noise. So I backed off to create enough room to really get into it and build up enough boost and dump it right into her window... it scared the total crap out of her!! She dropped her cell phone in her lap and everything.. I couldnt quit laughing.
We get to the next light and she says, " you would think with a half way decent car such as yours you would be able to maintain it properly so that as to not make such a racket" ..
I just smiled revved the engine...

Im such a rotten kid .. I love it!

Last edited by valdeztke; 04-12-2005 at 05:04 AM.
Old 04-12-2005, 05:09 AM
mdacko

Originally Posted by Tenac1ousZ

It seems like some people really like the Z, then some just cant stand it. A while back, my friend and I were at a bank at about 1am (my car was parked). My friend was at the ATM, and I was standing and looking at my car, when this guy (maybe 20-21) walks by and says, "it ain't that fast...my car is faster" Does the Z have an invisible sign somewhere saying "I'm fast and furious!" ?

so true. everyone around here loves to hate on my car, they go out of their way to say how slow it is, and how their old as 1g dsm would own me. but it just makes them seem like they are jealous of the hawtness factor of the Z.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:08 AM
valdeztke

Ann Arbor ? Z or no Z I have to dislike you ....

Go bucks!!
OSU Alum..

Old 04-12-2005, 07:04 AM
Th3Cleaner

I am washing my Z at a local car wash on the s.side of town and this black dude walks up , he has a Greeen honda accord mid 80s with a huge 4 foot wing on back...lol anyway he proceeds to come over and say dammmmmnnn ! That car is tooo fast Tooo furious !!!

me in awe .... uh

:0

he asks:

what is it?

LOL
Old 04-12-2005, 07:19 AM
yobri
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Th3Cleaner
he asks: what is it?
You: "More than you can afford, pal. 350Z." (Rev engine a few times)
Old 04-12-2005, 07:19 AM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Driving home last evening, guy pulls up next to me in a Chrysler sedan - compliments the Z's looks, and says "about 300 ponies right?" I say yeah, at the crank anyway. Traffic was a bit heavy so we cruised to the next light, and he keeps yakking, says he is more into the early '70's muscle cars, he built a '73 Charger big block. I complimented him on his choice (those were my teenage years and I loved Mopar products). We were side by side at the light, both turning left, no cars in front of us. Hammered it, got a little slip through the turn, hit 2'nd and was GONE. He catches up to me at the next light and says, My Charger would have been all over the road trying to do that - very nice! Enjoy your car. Nice guy - not a kill, but a good demo.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:26 AM
Dr. Greg

Default My son raced a "redneck" in big diesel pickup the other night

My son Keith has a '98 Mustang Cobra, 4.30 gears; it's a 13-second car (even at our 5,000 ft altitude). Anyway, he was out cruising one night and some redneck (even had the cowboy hat) in a 4WD Ford diesel pickup pulled up. Waiting for the light, Keith said the guy had his foot to the floor w/brake on (AT, of course); the thing was clattering like crazy and belching black smoke up the wazoo. When the light turned, redneck indeed got the holeshot (lotsa torque in those diesels); Keith caught and passed him not long after. He said it was closer than he thought...
Old 04-12-2005, 10:55 AM
valdeztke

I really didnt see what a diesel truck vs a mustang has to do with a Z?
Hmm oh well
to all his own

Quick Reply: Hmmmmm, white trash comment about my car...LOL