Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Hopefully my last NISSAN horror story!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 04:43 PM
DIE DIE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hopefully my last NISSAN horror story!!

Well I'm sure most of you read my threads.. 8k on my Z and the motor blew..got a new one under warrantee, get the car back after 3 weeks, and the car won't go into 5th gear...

So heres todays story....I'm dropping it off this morning to have the tranny looked at, and I'm out in front with the service manager talking about how I want his guys to drive my car easy if they testdrive it.. (since the motor is new again) Just then, we see my car being pulled out.... The idiot LIGHTS THEM UP AND REDLINES FIRST!!!!!!! SLAMS 2ND WITH A NICE CHIRP, AND IS GONE.. around the corner......

I pretty much yelled at everyone there, and almost beat the **** out of the little punk when he got back....The service manager was sooo embarased, cause he was pretty much in the middle of telling me how careful his guys are with the cars

The kid was written up, and they offered me a discount on painting my wheels black....that or a 15% discount on VOLK or NISMO wheels through them...I might have them paint my stock wheelsblack.. there was a blck roadster there that has the dealer paint his stocks, and it looked sic! Might try to do it on my own, and if I F up, fork over the $100 per wheel that they want and have it done right...

Please let this be the last time I have to ***** about my baby...

Oh yeah and turns out they put the shift plate on backwards Fixed in 20 minutes... no new tranny for me yet
Old 04-14-2005, 04:59 PM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My new Z has less than 500 miles and I'm trying oh so hard to not put it over 5000 RPM and to take it easy. The trip computer's mpg and average mpg readings are goofed but I refuse to take it into Nissan for warranty repair as I know that they're going to road test it ... and beat it hard doing it.

I'd tell the service manager to keep his 15% and give me 5 minutes alone in the back with the punk who beat the car. Just to talk.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:04 PM
Z BOY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

glad to see things are going better.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:16 PM
SunsetZ33

I've still got grease streaks on my windows because I don't trust the dealer with my car. One day when I've got all day to watch them I'll take it in.....
Old 04-14-2005, 05:49 PM
Masterfulks

Wow I don't know what I'd do in that situation...

What did the punk say that was driving it?

This is a perfect example of why I'd never let anyone valet my Z or any car.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:50 PM
hypeiv

I would have told that dealer to call me when that guy is no longer working there untill then I will buy all my cars from another dealership. Then write a letter to the owner of the dealership letting them know some stupid punk just ruined their image and lost them a customer.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:59 PM
DIE DIE

^ thats a pretty good idea. I might just do that.. Writing him up seems kinda weak, especially since the manager SAW IT HAPPEN!!!

I'm breakin her in real nicely again.. haven't hit above 4k... won't for 1k miles.. then gradually do a few higher revs.. at about 1700 I'm gonna start beatin her up again.. I'm sure it'll be fine as long as I didn't get another defect
Old 04-14-2005, 07:02 PM
FLZ_Boy

Hmmm makes me wonder those 76 miles I had on my odometer before I bought my Z.

Your motor is now officially broken in now by Nissan.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:12 PM
DIE DIE

^^ LOL.. Yeah I know.. pisses me off even more, cause I just got those BFG's on there before I took the car in for the new motor.. meaning I haven't even lit them up yet
Old 04-14-2005, 08:32 PM
FLZ_Boy

Originally Posted by DIE DIE
^^ LOL.. Yeah I know.. pisses me off even more, cause I just got those BFG's on there before I took the car in for the new motor.. meaning I haven't even lit them up yet
Patience grasshooper, the time is comming soon again.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:34 PM
tekneq

man that is a chitty story...and you say this as my z is sittin at the dealership...GREAT!
Old 04-14-2005, 08:34 PM
hypeiv

^ thats a pretty good idea. I might just do that.. Writing him up seems kinda weak, especially since the manager SAW IT HAPPEN!!!

I'm breakin her in real nicely again.. haven't hit above 4k... won't for 1k miles.. then gradually do a few higher revs.. at about 1700 I'm gonna start beatin her up again.. I'm sure it'll be fine as long as I didn't get another defect
I think it would also be a good idea to post what dealer's service department did that here and inform them that a popular 350z forum has been warned not to bring their cars to his service department. They will clean up their act really fast since they make A LOT of money out of the service department.

EDIT - if you do go back to that service department again tell the manager how lucky he is you came back and tell him no one can drive your car but him.

Last edited by hypeiv; 04-14-2005 at 08:38 PM.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:38 PM
tekneq

ya like all the fruckin money at a dealership...that is a really good idea.

or you have to sit and babysit your car while they are working on it...

Last edited by tekneq; 04-14-2005 at 08:39 PM. Reason: fo fun yo
Old 04-14-2005, 09:03 PM
Bran_BranZ33

you want a horror story

i bought my z with 460 miles on it. After it rolled over 3000 it wouldnt go into 3rd gear which i thought was just an easy sycronizer(s/p) problem. take it to the dealership and they said i need a new tranny i was so pissed. some kid younger then me (im 21 by the way) tells me that i need to stay off the gas. Little **** i could have punched him right there!!! i never took the damn thing over 4500 rpms. Anyways to make a long story short they keeped my car for 13 days. never again will i visit the dealer ship!!!!! bastards
Old 04-14-2005, 09:09 PM
tekneq

that is the prob with many z's bran...tranny issues..np they fixed it right.....
Old 04-15-2005, 06:56 AM
mpol99

Yes, every time I leave my car with the dealership over night, I feel pain for my car, but what can you do?

I remember reading plenty of stories of what guys do to the cars at dealerships, it's NOT pretty....lol My uncle was a tech for Nissan a few years ago & told me what ALL THE TECHs would do to poor 300zx Twin Turbos!!! I'm sure it's the same story with 350z's!
Old 04-15-2005, 10:50 AM
DIE DIE

Originally Posted by Bran_BranZ33
you want a horror story

i bought my z with 460 miles on it. After it rolled over 3000 it wouldnt go into 3rd gear which i thought was just an easy sycronizer(s/p) problem. take it to the dealership and they said i need a new tranny i was so pissed. some kid younger then me (im 21 by the way) tells me that i need to stay off the gas. Little **** i could have punched him right there!!! i never took the damn thing over 4500 rpms. Anyways to make a long story short they keeped my car for 13 days. never again will i visit the dealer ship!!!!! bastards
^ dude you didn't read my 1st thread I'm guessing.. My motor blew at 8K miles oil everywhere
Old 04-15-2005, 10:52 AM
DIE DIE

BTW you guys know how theres an A and B to reset the current miles driven right..? Well I always reset the B right before I leave my car with someone so they don't think to reset it...and I can see how many miles they drive..

Called the service manager back because they drove it like 40 ****ing miles just to check out the tranny They are giving me some free oil changes and a free tank of gas How bout some ****in new tires
Old 04-15-2005, 11:15 AM
FLZ_Boy

BTW you guys know how theres an A and B to reset the current miles driven right..? Well I always reset the B right before I leave my car with someone so they don't think to reset it...and I can see how many miles they drive..

Called the service manager back because they drove it like 40 ****ing miles just to check out the tranny They are giving me some free oil changes and a free tank of gas How bout some ****in new tires
The service papers will have your milage of the odometer written down. You can check your odometer to the service papers before you pick up the car keys.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:20 AM
DIE DIE

Originally Posted by FLZ_Boy
The service papers will have your milage of the odometer written down. You can check your odometer to the service papers before you pick up the car keys.
Oh sweet thanks BTW- LOL at your other comment grasshopper LOL