Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What exactly voids factory warranty. . .?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 09:30 PM
NA350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What exactly voids factory warranty. . .?

Hi guys, now I do have common sense really, so I know that turbo/superchargers etc void the warranty, ill be picking up my Z in a week, Im getting a Pikes Peak White Performance Model. I already mentioned to the guys back at Nissan that Im gonna add parts, im going mild but they told me any intake besides Nismo will void the warranty, is this true. In addition would DC headers void the warranty, I dont see how intake/headers would void the warranty on the powertrain, these guys are nuts thats all, intake/headers are airflow management with direct bolt on, no messing with timing/ECU. They did say however that a catback exhaust wouldnt void it, but if the gaskets burned up they wouldnt cover it. Im sure you guys have modded your cars and there are guys that care about their warranty, what have you guys done and still kept your warranty?

Also, has anyone used the Top Fuel Power Neo, Ive heard its a pretty awesome upgrade for the price. Also guys check out www.splparts.com, they have an all motor Z running 12.98 in the 1/4, NO JUICE!!! That car theoretically is laying down over 330 hp at the crank then, but then again thats just my educated guess.

Denny
Old 04-18-2005, 09:32 PM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....=void+warranty
Old 04-18-2005, 10:28 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check the Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act.
Old 04-18-2005, 10:30 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally Posted by NA350Z
Hi guys, now I do have common sense really, so I know that turbo/superchargers etc void the warranty, ill be picking up my Z in a week, Im getting a Pikes Peak White Performance Model. I already mentioned to the guys back at Nissan that Im gonna add parts, im going mild but they told me any intake besides Nismo will void the warranty, is this true. In addition would DC headers void the warranty, I dont see how intake/headers would void the warranty on the powertrain, these guys are nuts thats all, intake/headers are airflow management with direct bolt on, no messing with timing/ECU. They did say however that a catback exhaust wouldnt void it, but if the gaskets burned up they wouldnt cover it. Im sure you guys have modded your cars and there are guys that care about their warranty, what have you guys done and still kept your warranty?

Also, has anyone used the Top Fuel Power Neo, Ive heard its a pretty awesome upgrade for the price. Also guys check out www.splparts.com, they have an all motor Z running 12.98 in the 1/4, NO JUICE!!! That car theoretically is laying down over 330 hp at the crank then, but then again thats just my educated guess.

Denny
Alberto will be running a high 12 in a few weeks too. His first run on slicks he got a 13.1

SPL Parts also has the APS TT kit for $6970...cheapest i've seen anywhere. And yes, I emailed them to make sure that price was right.
Old 04-18-2005, 11:57 PM
Z BOY

cams, ecu reflash, nitrous, ud pulley, sc, turbo will.
breathing mods, 3.9 final drive won't.
i got this info third hand from die die, who had his engine replaced and talked to san diego nissan rep.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:04 AM
DIE DIE

Originally Posted by Z BOY
cams, ecu reflash, nitrous, ud pulley, sc, turbo will.
breathing mods, 3.9 final drive won't.
i got this info third hand from die die, who had his engine replaced and talked to san diego nissan rep.
^ he speaks the truth
Old 04-19-2005, 08:25 AM
rx7/350z

i just got my tranny and clutch replaced under warranty (with my mods) due to a 3 gear syncro
Old 04-19-2005, 08:48 AM
B-Unit

anything nissans can blame on you for y ur car broke, which is prett much anything. They blame people for things that get broken at the dealership!
Old 04-19-2005, 09:18 AM
Balthazar

Breathing mods wont?

I was wanting to do the Nismo CAI on my car but Courtesy nissan lists it as R-Tune, and I was told ANY R-Tune parts void the warranty.
Old 04-19-2005, 11:13 AM
DIE DIE

I had y-pipe, knetix v4 plenum, and JWT popcharger, and they didn't give me any **** when the main seal busted open at 8k miles.. they threw a brand new block on there..no questions asked!
Old 04-19-2005, 02:41 PM
orion350z

Balthazar..........I haven't found any dealership in the st. louis area that aren't total ******. Bommoritto "voided" my warranty on my mass airflow sensor and my throttle body due to my cold air intake being "attatched to it". They have also said that since I have 30k miles on my car they will no longer replace my front tires, or adjust my alignment under warranty. I had the same luck with St. Charles Nissan, and the dealership out in ellisville. If you know of any other less **** dealerships in the area pm me. i'm dyin' here.
Old 04-19-2005, 07:43 PM
Z BOY

Originally Posted by orion350z
Balthazar..........I haven't found any dealership in the st. louis area that aren't total ******. Bommoritto "voided" my warranty on my mass airflow sensor and my throttle body due to my cold air intake being "attatched to it". They have also said that since I have 30k miles on my car they will no longer replace my front tires, or adjust my alignment under warranty. I had the same luck with St. Charles Nissan, and the dealership out in ellisville. If you know of any other less **** dealerships in the area pm me. i'm dyin' here.
if you don't know your rights, you don't have any. i don't think alignments are a warranty item. on the tire feathering tsb, the amount they will pay toward new tires is prorated and prolly zero by the time you reach 30k mi, but you can find out yourself by reading the tsb.
Old 04-20-2005, 05:41 AM
Balthazar

Originally Posted by orion350z
So far the best I can find is Suntrup on Lindbergh. Thats where I bought my Maxima a few years ago and where I got my Z.

Moore, sucks, Lou Fusz sucks, bommarito, SUCKS.

Thats not to say Suntrup is "OMGWTFBBQ!11!!" but they suck less than the others so far as I can tell.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:25 AM
PoWeRtRiP

Originally Posted by Z BOY
if you don't know your rights, you don't have any. i don't think alignments are a warranty item. on the tire feathering tsb, the amount they will pay toward new tires is prorated and prolly zero by the time you reach 30k mi, but you can find out yourself by reading the tsb.

some advice for you. dont ever say the feathering is caused by the alignment, cuz its not, say its a "design flaw in the suspension". therefore you get a 36000 mile warranty on it.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:57 AM
Z BOY

Originally Posted by PoWeRtRiP
some advice for you. dont ever say the feathering is caused by the alignment, cuz its not, say its a "design flaw in the suspension". therefore you get a 36000 mile warranty on it.
i never said that, and i know the source of feathering is the suspension.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:17 AM
PoWeRtRiP

sorry i meant to quote orion350z
Old 04-20-2005, 10:46 AM
Z BOY

np, powertrip