raceboy
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get a rope boys!!
Old 06-22-2002, 08:08 AM
ccns23

Originally posted by raceboy
Whatever you have to tell yourself. She has the new car, and you don't. Obviously you CAN'T do what you want.
OK, I guess I must make an example of someone so I am sorry it is you.
But I don't really get to mad so this may seem a little tame.

Get this straight, you don't know me. All you know of me is what is in my profile and what I have written. I will assume you are a pretty cool and reasonable guy which, again I assume, is a pretty safe assumption (I love run on sentances). I am not trying to justify this to myself, I was simply trying to explain the situation to everyone. Tell me if you were married or in a very committed relationship that you would dump the significant other for the car. If you were to say yes, than it would be safe to assume that you were a pompous ******* and should be removed from the gene pool.

Now, again, the Z will be an awesome car. There will be nothing like it for the price for at least a year or two. That being said, the Z isn't the greatest sports car on the planet (but damn close!!!). For the price, yes without question it is a great bargain sports car, but there are many more cars out there that will literally blow it's doors off (take my 94 Lotus for example and that cost about the same, 37K and REALLY turned heads...not to say the Z won't) Now, before you start to flame, let me tell you, I have owned a Z in the past and was REALLY looking forward to the new one. But again, it is just a car and nothing more. I am just glad that Nissan decided to finally get their heads out of their asses and build the Z car again.

Lastly, gain, I WILL BE GETTING ANOTHER SPORTS CAR!!!!! I am gonna try like hell to get the Z, but if it isn't in the cards? Fine, I am patient, I can wait. Who knows, instead of getting a Z this September or October, I may be able to get a Porsche next summer. Or maybe a Ferrari, or maybe who the hell knows what. The point is you don't know who I am or what my future holds. And before you go and say "If you are thinking about a Ferrari then why can't you get the Z now?" or something like that. Again, maybe I won't get that big of a house and then I can park a better toy in the garage

The point is, you don't know me. You don't know her. And you have no idea of what the future holds. If you do, give me a call, I need to know what the lotto numbers are gonna be this week....
Old 06-22-2002, 08:31 AM
2003z

Default one question for you

Originally posted by ccns23
Jeez, I go away for 1 day and there are 50+ posts? I didn't think it was that big of a deal.

OK, let me try to explain the whole story.

Day 1 Saturday June 15: Quit selling cars at the dealership (for my own reasons, I just can't screw people for a living)
Day 2 Sunday (her birthday): Family reunion and I forget to get gift (but isn't a big deal)
Day 3 Monday: Sit around house looking for new job
Day 4 Tuesday: She goes to Audi Dealership and checks out car. Tells me she likes the car and wants to buy it. I don't think this is a serious threat.
Day 5 Wednesday: Car comes home.

Now, before you all go crazy.

A) We do have an awesome relationship.
B) I have always had the toys (1995 Porsche 968 Cab., 1994 Lotus S4, 1990 300ZX, 2001 Acura CL-S, 2002 Acura RSX, 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee,)
C) She hasn't gotten a new car for about 6 years (Her last nice car was a 1996 BMW 318ti, and now she has the Jeep)
D) I wasn't happy about the decision and still am not, but believe me I will be getting another sports car, just not in Sept.
E) In talking to her last night, there may be a chance for me to get the Z, but there will still be some discussion (no need for 3 car payments)
F) We have an honest relationship, my opening paragraphs were a bit misleading, but I was upset at the time.
G) She got a great deal on the car and I didn't have to waste my time at the dealership
H) It really is a nice car, I was driving it all day today (and yes it is at least a manual, THANK GOD)

Now, to all of you who said dump her for the car. Come on, be serious, would you leave your wife over it? I don't think so. The day a car is more important than my girl is the day that the relationship will be ending. This is only a minor set back and there is still the chance of me getting the Z, it is just a small one. Short term, it sucks for me. But long term, who knows, if the house isn't too unreasonable, then I may be able to get another one of my big toys (ie

Read what is up there. I have had some bad *** cars in my short life (I am only 26) and let me tell you, I will have another nice sports car, I just have to wait.

Oh and one more thing, about me being P-whipped? Believe me boys, I can do what I want when I want. There is no ruler in the relationship. Everything is discussed, this just came as a big surprise to me (she has never done anything like this). But it's no big deal.

Sorry for the novel.
Would you buy a car without discussing it with her right after she quit her job?
Old 06-22-2002, 08:35 AM
ccns23

Again, it was discussed, I just didn't take think she was gonna do it. And would I do the same thing in the same situation? If I were working and she was not, then don't you think I have the right to do something like that?

Come on people, use some common sense please.....

And just cause I am not working, doesn't mean that I am a destitute bum....
Old 06-22-2002, 08:40 AM
raceboy
Banned

I don't have to know anything more than she won't LET you get your car but she got what she wanted. It's not right for a woman to do that to a man or a man to a woman (it also really depends on who makes the money). To go any further in this discussion constitutes a flame so I am done. Have a happy life.

This further statement is not aimed at any particular person, just my personal feelings: It's amazing how much freedom men will trade off just to get laid!!

I came back and added this part:

Dude, the people here are trying to help you! I have been in the same boat. In a few years you are going to just wake up and hate the site of her. You will only resent all the things she has stopped you from doing. You'll want out but now it'll really cost you. Get out while it's cheap!!!

Last edited by raceboy; 06-22-2002 at 08:45 AM.
Old 06-22-2002, 08:43 AM
nizl

Well, it's obvious your statements were misleading enough to make everyone think you were bringing home the bacon and the chick was mooching off you.

Certainly a misunderstanding, but.... please don't call me immature in the future. Thanks.

P.S. Why aren't you married again? Seems like you are in action.
Old 06-22-2002, 09:48 AM
olzilver

Default Sonny...

you're the one who started all this. What kind of response did you think you'd get from a bunch of Z fanatics that are mostly male? You're right about us not knowing a lot about you two except what you posted. Thank Gawd. BOOM, BOOM, BOOM and another one bites the dust. And another one bites, and another one bites, and another one bites the dust, HEY. HEY. BOOM. BOOM. BOOM.
Old 06-22-2002, 10:09 AM
Sabre

She is one of the nicest people you would probably ever meet.
Yet she goes out and buys an A4? Hmmm.....doesn't seem like she was thinking of you much during that period of time.
Old 06-22-2002, 12:44 PM
bigtul4u

oh my goodness, what a depressing post. oh well, to each his own. what's that i hear, a whip cracking.....lol?
Old 06-22-2002, 02:10 PM
john0213

Thumbs up

as i can see in the situation. I realize:

ccns233, u and ur girlfriend really got some misunderstanding here.

HOWEVER...................

i also see that u got a really good girlfriend that she at least thought of u when she bought the car, or else she will bought an auto for herself if she's selfish.

According to my speculation, u are going to marry and ur girlfriend is going to take over all ur properties soon~ lol~ ( just kidding)
Old 06-23-2002, 01:26 AM
ccns23

Yep, I guess I should have expected the type of response I got by posting on this board. Thanks for the support.

And I still haven't cancelled the pre-order.....

Remember, it is an Audi, not some piece of crap. I actually do enjoy driving it around. But it is no sports car, and definately is no Z.

Gotta find a way.....
Old 06-23-2002, 09:09 AM
dvlad

OK, I guess I must make an example of someone so I am sorry it is you.
But I don't really get to mad so this may seem a little tame.

Get this straight, you don't know me. All you know of me is what is in my profile and what I have written. I will assume you are a pretty cool and reasonable guy which, again I assume, is a pretty safe assumption (I love run on sentances). I am not trying to justify this to myself, I was simply trying to explain the situation to everyone. Tell me if you were married or in a very committed relationship that you would dump the significant other for the car. If you were to say yes, than it would be safe to assume that you were a pompous ******* and should be removed from the gene pool.

Now, again, the Z will be an awesome car. There will be nothing like it for the price for at least a year or two. That being said, the Z isn't the greatest sports car on the planet (but damn close!!!). For the price, yes without question it is a great bargain sports car, but there are many more cars out there that will literally blow it's doors off (take my 94 Lotus for example and that cost about the same, 37K and REALLY turned heads...not to say the Z won't) Now, before you start to flame, let me tell you, I have owned a Z in the past and was REALLY looking forward to the new one. But again, it is just a car and nothing more. I am just glad that Nissan decided to finally get their heads out of their asses and build the Z car again.

Lastly, gain, I WILL BE GETTING ANOTHER SPORTS CAR!!!!! I am gonna try like hell to get the Z, but if it isn't in the cards? Fine, I am patient, I can wait. Who knows, instead of getting a Z this September or October, I may be able to get a Porsche next summer. Or maybe a Ferrari, or maybe who the hell knows what. The point is you don't know who I am or what my future holds. And before you go and say "If you are thinking about a Ferrari then why can't you get the Z now?" or something like that. Again, maybe I won't get that big of a house and then I can park a better toy in the garage

The point is, you don't know me. You don't know her. And you have no idea of what the future holds. If you do, give me a call, I need to know what the lotto numbers are gonna be this week....
ok, i can understand your point. It's a valid one. Yet, if we don't know you then conversely you don't know us. Why would you post something that could possibly turn into a second judging of your character?

So you post that you're selling your pre-order spot. Great, keep it at that. Unforutantely in a forum discussion many things have to be kept really clear so all parties can fully understand the position of each other. If she is a great girl then why not say it in the original post. Not ten replies later.

My point is that if your going to post a thought such as this, then you have to completely describe the events that have taken place. So as not to cause a total lack of misunderstanding between you and other board members. If not, or you're worried that negative posts will arise just don't post the part about her saying no 350Z for you.

I'm not trying to flame you or talk down to you. I just want you to understand that it could have been worded differently so none of this came up.

Dan
Old 06-23-2002, 09:19 AM
raceboy
Banned

Originally posted by dvlad
So as not to cause a total lack of misunderstanding
Wouldn't a total lack of "misunderstanding" mean complete understanding?
Old 06-23-2002, 09:23 AM
dvlad

umm....now I'm confused

I was never really good at the english lanugage.
Old 06-24-2002, 04:43 AM
Pathy01

Default I might be interested if you decide to not get the Z

I was originally going to pre-order, then decided the Z might not be so practical as an only car here in the northeast when the white stuff starts flying. But I'm really cathcing Z fever, and if one becomes available for me to get when the first arrive, I'd probably jump on it. If I do, I'll be trading in my 01 pathfinder which has mad me love the VQ35DE. Now getting a higher powered version in a 1100 lb lighter car with a 6 speed makes my mouth water. And silverstone is one of the two colors I had it down to. So if you decide not to get the Z and are looking for someone to step in on your pre-order, send me an e-mail at pathy01@msn.com. By the way, where exactly in PA is it that you live, I'm on Long Island, so it wouldn't be a bad trip to most places in PA if this ends up happening.
Old 06-24-2002, 04:24 PM
SinGin
Charter Member #97

Please, marriage is probably not happening for a little while yet (we've only been dating 7 1/2 years). And neither one of wants kids so I don't know what she is thinking. All I know is that she came home with the A4 yesterday and I new that the Z was out of the question for now.
7 1/2 years? From what it sounds like, you are practically married. The ceremony is just a formality at this point.
Old 06-24-2002, 04:39 PM
SinGin
Charter Member #97

BWHAHAHAHA!! Can you say 'misogynist'??

Originally posted by JDZ
Old 06-24-2002, 04:39 PM
AutoXJunkie

Originally posted by Sabre
Yet she goes out and buys an A4? Hmmm.....doesn't seem like she was thinking of you much during that period of time.
Sabre, you did read his extensive list of automotive toys, right? A Porsche, a Lotus, a 300ZX, a new 2002 RSX? And in the meantime, she has been in the same Jeep for six years? And you suggest that somehow she is in the wrong for wanting a new car for a change??

God, I can't believe how selfish some of you guys are.

(tangent issue: ccns, how can you have afforded a Porsche, a Lotus, and now possibly a Ferrari on a car salesman's earnings? Selling cars doesn't bring in peanuts, I know, but I also know that anyone with qualms about "screwing people" generally doesn't earn six figures, especially outside of a luxury car dealership in a ritzy area. Does your girl earn a giant salary, or did you inheret a wad, or something? Not my business, of course, I'm just curious.)
Old 06-25-2002, 03:07 AM
SunsetZ

Those are some very impressive cars you have owned. Didn't know 26 year olds selling cars made that kind a cash.

Quick Reply: Well, who wants my preorder