2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Well, who wants my preorder

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2002, 12:04 PM
ZON

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dump the Dame!

Elope with the Z!!

After all, "To Z or not To Z, that IS the question".
Old 06-25-2002, 05:09 PM
Sabre

Originally posted by AutoXJunkie

Sabre, you did read his extensive list of automotive toys, right? A Porsche, a Lotus, a 300ZX, a new 2002 RSX? And in the meantime, she has been in the same Jeep for six years? And you suggest that somehow she is in the wrong for wanting a new car for a change??

God, I can't believe how selfish some of you guys are.

Where do you come off thinking that she doesn't deserve a new car from my statement? I was referring to the fact that she knew that he had a preorder for a Z, yet she goes out and gets a car. Yes, I did see that he has owned an extensive list of expensive sports cars (which I don't know how). I do agree that it would be only fair for her to get a new car because he has had his share. However, the way she went about it wasn't respectible. So don't jump all over me and speak like you know me, or anyone else.
Old 06-25-2002, 05:28 PM
AutoXJunkie

Originally posted by Sabre

Where do you come off thinking that she doesn't deserve a new car from my statement? I was referring to the fact that she knew that he had a preorder for a Z, yet she goes out and gets a car.
(snip) the way she went about it wasn't respectible.
What, you think that preorder just fell from the heavens? The man went out and made it, just like she went out and bought an A4. Was he thinking about her and her six-year-old Jeep when he made that preorder? He probably drove his 2002 RSX out there to place the order, for crying out loud! You opining that his preorder should take precidence over her purchase suggests, by default, that his claim to a new ride is more deserving than hers. That's where I come off thinking that, pal. That's what you meant, isn't it? That just because he placed an order first makes it fair that he gets the new ride? Correct me if I'm wrong, here.
Old 06-25-2002, 05:40 PM
Sabre

Originally posted by AutoXJunkie

What, you think that preorder just fell from the heavens? The man went out and made it, just like she went out and bought an A4. Was he thinking about her and her six-year-old Jeep when he made that preorder? He probably drove his 2002 RSX out there to place the order, for crying out loud! You opining that his preorder should take precidence over her purchase suggests, by default, that his claim to a new ride is more deserving than hers. That's where I come off thinking that, pal. That's what you meant, isn't it? That just because he placed an order first makes it fair that he gets the new ride? Correct me if I'm wrong, here.
I'm sorry, but I am going to have to correct you. All I meant by the statement was that I don't think it was respectible for her to just go behind his back and buy a car like that. Yes, he should have thought about getting a car for her first perhaps. I know I would in that situation. I am not arguing whether he was right or wrong about that. I was just focusing on the A4, ok? So, do you think what she did was morally right?
Old 06-25-2002, 06:14 PM
AutoXJunkie

Very well, I suppose it was a misunderstanding. I apologize for jumping on you.

Do I think what she did was morally right? Yes and no.

There appears to be some bad communication and sharing ethics in this relationship. The girl clearly wanted and needed a new car. What does this guy do? Goes and makes a preorder for yet another new car of his own. Somehow I doubt he discussed that with her and gained mutual approval. So what's her reaction? She goes out and buys the car she wants on her own credit. Tit for tat. Not a good way to conduct a relationship, but I think what she did was no more wrong than him making the preorder in the first place.

She was underhanded about it, for sure, but her action resulted in the equitable solution. Question is, if she had been upfront about it- went to him and asked him to give up his preorder so she could get her A4, and listed why- would he have gone for it? Apparently she didn't think so. And who knows, maybe she tried and he ignored her? Like I said earlier, we don't have all the facts, and the ones we do have only come from one side.

Again, sorry for jumping on you, Sabre. My bad.
Old 06-25-2002, 06:27 PM
dvlad

From reading the 85+ replies on this post, i think just about everyone in hear has had an arguement with other members over this post.

I think it's time for it to end. Lets just gather around the campfire and cook some s'mores.
Old 06-25-2002, 06:36 PM
Sabre

Yeah, we don't have all the facts so it is hard to decide what was the right course of action. My first thought about seeing his list of cars, and then his plans of getting a Z, was disbelief. Anyway, I'm tired of dragging this along. I'd rather have hot dogs dvlad.
Old 06-25-2002, 06:46 PM
dvlad

hot dogs are fine with me.
Old 06-25-2002, 07:28 PM
ccns23

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AutoXJunkie
[B]

Goes and makes a preorder for yet another new car of his own. Somehow I doubt he discussed that with her and gained mutual approval.

Actually, I discussed it with her first and we BOTH went to the dealership to place the order. She actually gave them the $1000 deposit (which I couldn't believe)

She was underhanded about it, for sure, but her action resulted in the equitable solution.

She was not underhanded about it, we did briefly discuss it, but I really didn't think she would do it.

And who knows, maybe she tried and he ignored her? Like I said earlier, we don't have all the facts, and the ones we do have only come from one side.

I didn't ignore her, I really didn't think she liked the A4 that much. At least not enough to actually buy the car. And you are right, it is only my side of the story.

Also, to clear some things up. I am not a wealthy person by any means, but I do have enough that I can live a comfortable life. I worked in a large brokerage house for about 4 years and made a decent salary and some wise (and not so wise) investment decisions. I am an impulsive buyer, so when I was making money, I would pretty much go out and purchase whatever car floated my boat at the time. At the time, I could afford to do so.

My financial situation at this time is still very good, but I am not sure if I want to take on another car payment (I have never been a fan of paying for a car outright, I just can't part with that type of money all at once....) I was selling cars at Nissan just for something to do.

Again, I still have not cancelled the order, and still may just take delivery of the car. The dust is beginning to settle a bit now. If I decide to not take the car, I will gladly post my spot on this board for anyone who would like it. The only thing I would ask for is the deposit money ($1000) and that's all. My total cost for the car the way I ordered it was $32070.50. And I will check with the dealership to make sure everything is OK with doing something like that (which I can't imagine it would be a problem).

I think we can end this discussion now.

Thanks for all the support.
Old 06-25-2002, 09:40 PM
AutoXJunkie

Hear, hear. Hot dogs and s'mores all around. Cheers!