Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
View Poll Results: How do you rank Nissan on the roll out of the Z
Excellent (no problems - smooth happy experience)
39.53%
Good (One problem - overall happy)
19.77%
Satisfactory
18.60%
Poor
18.60%
Unacceptable
3.49%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Rank how you feel about Nissan's roll out of the Z

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2002, 01:48 PM

's Avatar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rank how you feel about Nissan's roll out of the Z

I want to see people's opinions of the roll out and the obstacles the have gone through to get a 350Z. This would mostly include issues that Nissan corporate has not addressed promptly to keep customers happy and have the roll out be exceptionally positive.

If all went smooth Nissan gets a Great Experience check mark

If you have had one catch while getting your Z rank Nissan with a good rating

If you have had one or two obstacles (i.e. Too long of a preorder waiting period) rank as satisfactory or poor.

If you have had two or three obstacles ( i.e. Preorder and Bose, or Aero package holding up your order, Transmission issues etc.) rank them as very poor

If you have had many instances combined rank as unacceptable.
Old 11-23-2002, 02:28 PM

's Avatar

Voting and replying can only help to straighten out the problems Nissan is having.

I can guarantee you Nissan Corporate looks at this site as well as the Dealerships. We have seen a few salesmen in here.
Old 11-24-2002, 06:04 AM

's Avatar

PUT DOWN WHY YOU VOTED THE WAY YOU DID SO WE ALL KNOW IT ISN'T JUST OUT OF ANGER.
Old 11-24-2002, 07:20 AM
navy-z

Only issue was that my dealor could/would not give me VIN or detailed projected delivery information. They called "out of the blue" and said my car had arrived. I guess I can't really complain since I already have 4500 miles on BLUE.
Old 11-24-2002, 07:32 AM
rahilio

bought 5 cars this year total------
and the nissan dealer i got my z from was the easiest and most friendly and best experiance i have ever had
he kept me up to date on vin and order number and even emailed me the original manifest or whatever you call it fom there computer screen my sales man was the internet manager hes been working 11 years there and really new technology i suggest when ordering cars in the future deal with the wisest man you can possibly find
Old 11-24-2002, 12:20 PM
mpol99

Thumbs down Nissan Dealers are theives!!

Well actually, I am 100% satisfied with the dealer where I bought the car (Continental Nissan). They were helpful, friendly, etc. My experience was the best EVER!

I am furious at the dealer who stole my $1,000 deposit (Evanston Nissan). No vin, no car, NOTHING. Will not refound the money either.

UNSATISFIED!!!!! with Nissan washing their hands out of this problem. Calling Consumer Affairs I am told "It is NOT our problem, we can't help You. This is between you and the dealer" !!!!!!!!!!!! All dealers are separate franchises, so you are SCREWED Mr. Sikora, we can't help you WTF???

I have been driving Nissans since I got my drivers license over 5 years ago, this being the first NEW one. I feel ripped off & robbed of $1,000, which I consider to be a substantial amount.
Old 11-24-2002, 06:29 PM

's Avatar

I, myself, have given them a satisfactory so far. Reasons being, I have a car sitting at the port right now and have been told it came in over two weeks ago yet can't be delivered due to the Aero pkg not being installed. The dealership rep has not returned an email and call I gave and only seems delighted to talk to me when I am in person. I get the answers (I think) after I call them up. Better communication at the dealership level and Nissan needs to get its act together and deliver the cars or this campaign will flop in its face when the Supra and RX8 arrive.
Old 11-25-2002, 12:16 PM
drake3

I did not like it that Nissan capped the pre-orders to MSRP and then let the dogs loose when the pre-order program was over. Why should I have to pay $3500 over sticker because I didn't order 1 month ago?

Nissan sales managers can take your market adjustment and shove it up your ***.
Old 11-27-2002, 01:22 PM
Pooh2002
Charter Member #30

I think the intent of the pre order program was terrific. The actual execution by the dealers was pretty crappy out here in the Bay Area. I first heard of the pre order program through this site in early March. I started calling local dealers and found all of them selling the car for anywhere from $3500 to $10000 over MSRP. I finally found a small dealer 65 miles away. I ordered my car March 26. Transaction smooth, no hassle, but no paperwork either. Two weeks later, I stopped by the dealer and insisted on filling out the paperwork. I do believe that if I had not done that, the car would not have been ordered.

Many Bay area dealers pre ordered cars for themselves and resold for $7-10,000 above MSRP. Their cars were among the first to come in and so they were able to get their price. This sure pissed me off during my 7 month wait.

If Nissan had made the dealers live by the rules the program would have been outstanding.
Old 11-27-2002, 02:36 PM
john0213

i'm a bit pissed when i went into the bimmer dealer, because i see that for people who walk in there and order a Z4, THEY WILL GET IT WITHIN A MONTH!!!!!! and now, i'm still waiting for my z to come since May, man this is killing me, anywayz i don't like the Z4 at all so i won't even think about it, but one thing that tells me is nissan really have to be more serious about Canada buyer~

Still waiting..........................
Old 11-27-2002, 02:39 PM
Sanderman

Originally posted by john0213
i'm a bit pissed when i went into the bimmer dealer, because i see that for people who walk in there and order a Z4, THEY WILL GET IT WITHIN A MONTH!!!!!! and now, i'm still waiting for my z to come since May, man this is killing me, anywayz i don't like the Z4 at all so i won't even think about it, but one thing that tells me is nissan really have to be more serious about Canada buyer~

Still waiting..........................
That just tells me that you can get a car that looks like **** in a month. Something more desirable takes a bit longer.

I was a May order too (US) and didnt get my car until about two weeks ago. The wait was worth it. Hang in there....

joe
Old 11-27-2002, 02:40 PM
Z CRAZY
Charter Member #67

Well, I was originally given an August delivery date and that changed to October, then December, then November.

I got the car on November 6. That ranks as a "poor" for Nissan in my book.

Steve
Old 11-27-2002, 03:04 PM
Boomer

Default Rank

I ranked my experience as satisfactory. I e-mailed a request to my salesman about switching the O.E. Bridgestone RE 040 tires to another brand which did not have unhappy owners. I never received an answer to my e-mail or an acknowledgement of receipt.

I have a defective Bose speaker that I haven't had repaired yet.

The preorder process was just too long. I waited 7 months and 26 days for the car. It was the first time in 27 years I did not have a car to drive. I had to share a car with my wife and it was very inconvenient for health reasons.