Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Hit and run, soo pisssed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 06:27 PM
Alang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Hit and run, soo pisssed!!!

As if fighting the gridlocked traffic of Friday night southern Calif isn't bad enough, I get within 1 mile of my house and get sideswiped. I was traveling behind a Honda Element in the left hand of two travel lanes. The Element changes lanes to the right, and I go to pass her. As I get just even with her bumper, her starts coming back!!! (Yes, she was all the way into her lane before I passed her)

I hit the gas (I was already passing her), and the horn, but to no avail, over she comes. I dive for the left curb, but its not enough. She impacts my pass. door and scrapes down the length. I immeadiatly pull over, and wait for her to do the same. My mouth is agape as I watch her keep on going. She isn't running, but she isn't stopping. At first I thought she was going to find a safer place to pull over; the traffic was pretty bad where we were. When she got on the freeway on ramp, I knew she wasn't stopping.

Since it was just 1 older lady in the car, I didn't worry about danger, so I continued to follow. Traffic on the freeway was so heavy, I had no choice but to just follow. At one point I was able to get along side, and motioned for her to pull over, but she was gabbing on her cell phone and refused to do so. I pulled in behind her and dialed 911.

While I was on hold waiting for the dispatcher, the driver proceded to merge into every exit lane on the freeway, and then pull back on the the freeway at the last minute. But she wasn't traveling fast, or weaving, so it was really hard to tell if she was trying lose me or what.

Finally the CHP gets on the line. Finds out that the accident didn't happen on a freeway and patches me through to the SDPD. I'm back on hold again as the lady finally gets off the freeway, and pulls into a left turn lane. I am waiting behind her in my car, and the SDPD comes on the line. I tell them what is going on. They ask for the license plate of the vehicle, and I can't give to to them because its a brand new car and has paper dealer "plates". At this point the dispatcher tells me not to follow the vehicle and to go to a substation and report it. Thanks

From the left turn lane the Element driver makes a U-Turn (which takes her back towards the freeway). I am getting tired of this, so I get head of her and block her into the driveway to the shopping center. Again motioning for her to pull into the parking lot. She yells something back but goes in.

She wanders aroundthe parking lot, still talking on her phone, and finally pulls in to a spot. As she is pulling in, a hugh dude walks out and stand in front of my car. I pull in behind the Element blocking her in and get out.

This load then squares off on me, and asks in a smart *** voice, "Whats going on here". He is obvioulsy associated with the lady, but I keep my eye on her to make sure she doesn't wander off.

I informed load boy that I was sideswiped by that hit and run driver, pointing to the lady, and needed her information. He then tells me that my behavior "teriffied the poor woman" and that was why she didn't pull over.

I asked him what it was about pulling my car over to the side of the road after an accident that was so terrifing so as to make her drive off. He dismissed that saying that there are always two sides to a story, and the we should just let our insurance handle it. "That's all I'm trying to do is get insurance information" I told him and then said something about the fact that I shouldn't have been forced to drive 10 miles away from the scene in order to get it.

Now before you think I might be white washing this a bit, I wasn't even sure that there was damage to my car when it happened. I knew the mirror was folded up, but I wasn't sure she contacted my door at all. I was really calm about the whole thing, until she took off. Even then I only motioned to her to pull over once. Other than that, I simply followed her.

Sorry this was so long, but I really needed to vent about it. If this stupid B!tch had just pulled over when I did, it would have been over in a few minutes. It appears that the only damage is scuffed paint. The door skin doesn't looked bent at all. I wouldn't have gotten too upset about that. Instead I not only have to deal with bouncer-boy and his FU attitude, and to add insult to injury, I had to repeat my homeward commute all over again. Yep, the road she exited on was the same road I enter on to go home.

Two friday night commutes, a dinged up door, no satisfaction seeing this bioch being written up by the PoPo, and the prospect of dealing with insurance companies for god knows how long to get my car fixed.

Clueless people on cell phones

Thanks for listening.
Old 04-29-2005, 06:34 PM
Alang

For the morbidly curious:

Old 04-29-2005, 06:36 PM
330R

Wow, what an adventure. And what a dingbat for not pulling over..

As for your scuffing, looks like paint transfer (hers onto yours).. or some of that Honda Element plastic

Have you tried applying something like Meguiar's Cleaner Wax?
Old 04-29-2005, 06:36 PM
350zplease

sorry man hit and runs suck, i got sideswiped once and the guy just took off,i pulled over and waited for the cops told them what happened and they just put that i wasnt at fault so that it didnt go on my insurance record even though the insurance company fixed it.
Old 04-29-2005, 06:39 PM
Mantis3024

That pisses me off too. Too many ignorant drivers
Old 04-29-2005, 06:44 PM
Alang

Originally Posted by 330R
Wow, what an adventure. And what a dingbat for not pulling over..

As for your scuffing, looks like paint transfer (hers onto yours).. or some of that Honda Element plastic

Have you tried applying something like Meguiar's Cleaner Wax?
Its hard to see in the picture, but there is damage to the clear coat. It might be buffable, but I doubt it. I'll take it into a good body shop tomorrow and they can tell me.

Its funny. All during this thing, I was really calm and not too bothered, but the farther away I get, the angrier I get.
Old 04-29-2005, 06:48 PM
FLZ_Boy

I think the lady got terrified hiting you and freaked out. Honestly, I don't think you did anything wrong in trying to get information from a hit and run driver.

The good part, the insurance should side with you since the driver attempted to run away. Obivously, if she wasn't at fault, why would she run?

I would mention this on the insurance report that she attempted to run from the scene. We need less hit and run drivers on the road to jack up our insurance premiums.

BTW, did you get her info finally?
Old 04-29-2005, 07:01 PM
Masterfulks

Did you ever get to talk to the woman?

I knew a girl who was rear ended at a stoplight. She pulled over and the girl that hit her stuck her head out the window and says "It's not that bad..." and took off.

She didn't follow for some reason and when the cop got there he asked for her insurance card. It was expired by about a month. We were in college and her mom had sent her the new one in the mail. The officer says "Well you have two choices. Go home and forget about this, or I can write you a $1,000 ticket for no insurance...."

What a ****** waste of life that cop was. She was bullied into just going home by a cop that didnt want to deal with it.... She ended up going through her insurance to fix it. Also if the stupid cop would have ticketed her, the ticket would have been dropped once she showed proof of insurance for the time to the judge. Having to pay a grand was a bunch of bs.

At least you caught the woman.
Old 04-29-2005, 07:14 PM
trash259

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alang, I don't know why but your story really got me pissed. F it! She had her chance dealing with it civilly. At the parking lot I would have called the dispatcher again and demanded an officer take her in. Why? Because it only a FELONY!
Old 04-29-2005, 07:34 PM
bloodwings19

I got to add this about rush hour accidents. My friend told me this a month, or two ago. He was hit from behind by an Nissan Xterra with a off-road front bumper, the hit was minimal on his car, but it does need body work to push back the bumper to original form. He got out and the driver, a lady agreed to go off to the side of the road to exchange insurance information. Traffic was bumper to bumper, with my friend in front of her, she quickly bailed, wildy on the next exit. My friend could not follow her because of the traffic, so he is now stuck with the bill. The major mistake he made was not writing the license plate, and trusting a innocent looking lady. Now, I carry my camera and pen ready, except I don't drive the Z in rush hour traffic.
Old 04-29-2005, 07:40 PM
Alang

Originally Posted by trash259
Alang, I don't know why but your story really got me pissed. F it! She had her chance dealing with it civilly. At the parking lot I would have called the dispatcher again and demanded an officer take her in. Why? Because it only a FELONY!
I have her information. I will be visiting the Police station on Monday and ask them what I should do. I really want a police report on this one, and hopefully they can issue a citation after the fact. At least a police report showing her fleeing the accident will be a good thing to fight her insurance with.
Old 04-29-2005, 07:44 PM
tekneq

damn this is all pissin me off! however, I feel as though the woman bailed because of exactly what you said..new plates on the car, might have been her husband's brand new car or something,,that would have freaked the **** out of me if i was in that situation....just a different point of view you know....she is a fault and shouldnt have bailed..but...the new car thing....weighs heavily
Old 04-29-2005, 08:19 PM
cloudy

Wow that stupid *****... and who was that punk to come out and act like Mr. Big shot to you? I dont know if i could of controlled myself.. i think i would have told him to shut the **** up and mind his business, you want to talk to her, and get her insurance information, as well by calling the cops..
Man i hate dumb women drivers .. like thats not bad enough.. they are on the phone... I think women should be outlawed from talking on the phone and doing make up while driving .
Old 04-29-2005, 09:41 PM
homiusang

Originally Posted by cloudy
Wow that stupid *****... and who was that punk to come out and act like Mr. Big shot to you? I dont know if i could of controlled myself.. i think i would have told him to shut the **** up and mind his business, you want to talk to her, and get her insurance information, as well by calling the cops..
Man i hate dumb women drivers .. like thats not bad enough.. they are on the phone... I think women should be outlawed from talking on the phone and doing make up while driving .
Alang, sorry for the hassle, make sure you bring it to a good body shop and clearly stated that how soon you are looking into getting the car back.

Oh yeah, I almost got killed a couple times on my bicycle because of those stupid chicks with an SUV wouldn't let go of their cell phones.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:26 PM
bio911

I hate people on their cell phones... talkin about stupid stuff and running up their bill and then ***** because it gets cut off... I manage a tmobile and sprint place (yes we own both locations) All i hear them talk about is "OOO... is he the baby daddy" you know... all ghettoish and stuff...
Old 04-29-2005, 10:37 PM
cloudy

Originally Posted by bio911
All i hear them talk about is "OOO... is he the baby daddy" you know... all ghettoish and stuff...
LMAO

all the ghetto ppl around here dont have to worry about minutes... if they have a cell phone its useing the cricket plan... so no minutes... damnit... roads are never safe.

Last edited by cloudy; 04-29-2005 at 10:41 PM.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:50 PM
zmespeed

i dont is it the thing about not haveing hands on the wheel thats hard for cellphone driveing. i just find it difficlut in a manuel car in 5 o clock traffic in the city with a cell phone and possibly a drink. other wise its just like talking to some one in the passenger seat. i dont know maybe im a freak...i can rub my head and pat my belly hehe
Old 04-30-2005, 12:23 AM
___DJK___

I hope they give her the electric chair.
Old 04-30-2005, 12:29 AM
ReavTek

I would have her handcuffed and processed for just leaving like that. Obviously, she didn't care and decided to take her chances going through rush hour traffic to lose you. I don't know if I would go as far as sticking her in jail... But at least have her arrested and brought to court to scare her from doing it again.
Old 04-30-2005, 12:32 AM
zmespeed

Originally Posted by ___DJK___
I hope they give her the electric chair.
hell yes.

Quick Reply: Hit and run, soo pisssed!!!