Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

**Help I think I Damaged My Car!**

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 08:59 PM
DennyBak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **Help I think I Damaged My Car!**

i was doing an oil change for the first time and i put the jack at the wrong spot. its the spot inbetween the frame and the side lip jack point. its on the driver side and i thought it was a sold piece of metal but i guess i was wrong. it dented in and i dont konw what i damaged. should i worry about the damage i did? here is a diagram were i jacked it up and i circled were it got dented. hope this helps. hope you guys know what im talking about.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:30 PM
homiusang

Originally Posted by DennyBak
i was doing an oil change for the first time and i put the jack at the wrong spot. its the spot inbetween the frame and the side lip jack point. its on the driver side and i thought it was a sold piece of metal but i guess i was wrong. it dented in and i dont konw what i damaged. should i worry about the damage i did? here is a diagram were i jacked it up and i circled were it got dented. hope this helps. hope you guys know what im talking about.
You might have put a small dent on the undercarriage floor assembly. I wouldn't worry about it though.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:32 PM
westpak
SFZCC

/\ /\ /\ what he said
Old 04-29-2005, 09:37 PM
DennyBak

yeah i was feeling the floor board and its lifted up. damn im so stupid. i found out that doing an oil change on the z is a pain in the ***. is there a way to fix it? im perfectionist and things like this bother me.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:39 PM
westpak
SFZCC

yeah i was feeling the floor board and its lifted up. damn im so stupid. i found out that doing an oil change on the z is a pain in the ***. is there a way to fix it? im perfectionist and things like this bother me.
Don't worry about it, you will eventually run over something and get another one, unless you show the car and use mirrors to display the underside leave it alone.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:49 PM
DennyBak

do alot of people make this mistake? i feel like an idiot not knowing it was a POS piece of plastic that dents
Old 04-29-2005, 10:46 PM
dskang100

do alot of people make this mistake? i feel like an idiot not knowing it was a POS piece of plastic that dents
Don't worry about it, I just put in sway bars and know what, i expect to hear some weird popping noises and cracks and stuff, just don't be dumb enough to put it under plastic next time... the safety stand points do not seem stable though like when you look at it.. feels like the body kit right there will just cave so it gets me paranoid.. i stick it on hard metal.. seems to get the job done.

P.S: I don't have that safety stand "Adapter" so i guess that's why i'm being paranoid, my safety stands are like.. "U" shaped..
Old 04-29-2005, 10:59 PM
homiusang

Possibly...and some of them didn't even noticed that. So just leave that alone.
Just a FYI, if you are an perfectionist and plan on having that floor panel replaced, you might have to have all 3 changed at the same time (Pass. Side, driver side, center). They require some weld jobs and some painting on on the face inside the car, so it won't be cheap.
Just be more careful next time, it's very normal for a person not being familiar with their new vehicle when they work on it the first couple times.
Old 05-01-2005, 12:42 AM
anotheraznguy

anyone know where i cna pick up one of those neat attachments? other than nissn or should i just go through nissan.. and how much of a setback am i looking at?
Old 05-01-2005, 01:06 AM
tekneq

its called a sledgehammer and a 6 pack of beer....remember to disconnect your battery so you can reset ecu for max power!

+1 myself!
Old 05-01-2005, 02:47 AM
zownz

Originally Posted by homiusang
You might have put a small dent on the undercarriage floor assembly. I wouldn't worry about it though.
whoa..those garage jack points do not look stable at all...anyone jacked their car on those? its like at the differntial and in the middle...looks like when its lifted up it just needs a little push for it to fall or something...i dont know..=/??
Old 05-01-2005, 05:48 AM
zzzya

Originally Posted by zownz
whoa..those garage jack points do not look stable at all...anyone jacked their car on those? its like at the differntial and in the middle...looks like when its lifted up it just needs a little push for it to fall or something...i dont know..=/??
They are fine with a nice floor jack. I have used them many times for various installs. Just installed some Konis yesterday using those very same jack points. Saves time over setting up the jack stands. If I am actually getting under the car and know that I will be wrenching on something, then I always use the Jack stands and usually with the floor jack still supporting one of the jack points for a little more support.