Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Get in an accident, go ahead and run...

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 05:17 AM
mr2fasterthanyo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lunartick13
I see you are in the neigborhood... From what I understand this accident took place somewhere between FoxRiver and Capentersville on River rd. neither of these two guys were going that fast so when they crashed there wasn`t a hole lot of damage.. but you are right, should they been busted both of these suckers be in jail as we speak...

wow, surprised no one showed up.... the cops are nasty in FRG, and they are always on river road. hmph. oh well.

yup, i am in the neighborhood. grew up in CL and moved around iowa and CO between school and another job, moved back exactly a year ago this week.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:23 AM
lunartick13

Originally Posted by mr2fasterthanyo
wow, surprised no one showed up.... the cops are nasty in FRG, and they are always on river road. hmph. oh well.

yup, i am in the neighborhood. grew up in CL and moved around iowa and CO between school and another job, moved back exactly a year ago this week.
Welcome back! I spent most of my life in Mc Henry Co. though I did lived in Cal. Az. in my youger days. and as for the cops in FRG I know they cut no slack, back in the 90`s they had the highest quota for DUI`s in the state of Il.The reason the cops didn`t show was cause no one called them, my buddy and this other guy just decided to split....
Old 05-03-2005, 09:33 AM
mr2fasterthanyo

they got damn lucky no one drove by, i always see cops on river road when i am down that way....
welcome back? well mchenry county isn't too bad, but i do miss colorado springs, oh well.... just bought a house in huntley, so i will be heading that way in june. (YEAA!!!! me and the sun city people. woot!!! party time right there)
Old 05-03-2005, 11:01 AM
cloudy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hit and run is a class 1 felony in arizona... So yaa if u live in AZ dont do a hit and run.. lol
Old 05-03-2005, 01:15 PM
barthelb
Master

Felony Hit and Run in California is only when the suspect is involved in an accident and someone or the other party is injured. If there are no injuries it remains a misdemeanor or infraction.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:19 PM
tacomaboy

Originally Posted by barthelb
Felony Hit and Run in California is only when the suspect is involved in an accident and someone or the other party is injured. If there are no injuries it remains a misdemeanor or infraction.
Are you SURE, how is a hit and run driver supposed toknow if someone was hurt? That law seems to encourage running.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:57 PM
Masterfulks

Does your back hurt?

Get to a doc and get some medical bills.
Old 05-03-2005, 02:13 PM
cloudy

Ya i think ur neck is startn to cramp up and hurt... wernt u just sayn you cant turn it very far.... and isnt your lower back starting to hurt? I think there were some injuries in that hit and run.
Old 05-03-2005, 02:14 PM
barthelb
Master

Positive, your first priority in an accident is to render aid and make sure everyone is ok. then you exchange info. That is why people run, to avoid the possibility that someone is hurt. Cars are easy to repair. Medical bills, pain & suffering, loss of work and long term affects are what are expensive. They should still be able to be cited for hit & run I would ask to speak to his Sergeant or someone else.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:33 PM
lunartick13

Originally Posted by mr2fasterthanyo
they got damn lucky no one drove by, i always see cops on river road when i am down that way....
welcome back? well mchenry county isn't too bad, but i do miss colorado springs, oh well.... just bought a house in huntley, so i will be heading that way in june. (YEAA!!!! me and the sun city people. woot!!! party time right there)
You know that is my dream, to wind up with the Sun City People ... only I prefer the one in Arizona...anyhow getting back to this thread, something isn`t right in San Diego, you hit and run you should pay..
Old 05-04-2005, 03:27 AM
n8236

If someone in that accident gets injuried or dies, then the hit and run becomes a felony. Otherwise, no biggy lol
Old 05-04-2005, 05:03 AM
boma

Originally Posted by kcobean
Doesn't that kinda stuff just make you want to **** fire? Well, I think at this point, I'd have to pay her a visit in the middle of the night, flatten all of her tires, key her car, and maybe pour sugar in her gas tank. As long as you don't get caught in the act, there's nothing they can do, right?

(NOTE: This member does NOT condone vandalism in any fashion, retaliatory or otherwise, but it sure would serve the driver right, and maybe make her think twice about fleeing the scene)
Yeah go hit up all her tires and car and run! You will get away according to their laws!
Old 05-04-2005, 05:08 AM
boma

Or complain against a higher authority like that other guy said. It works! Use the rules and laws!
Old 05-04-2005, 09:26 AM
VinUnleaded

I had a guy park his car in my old companys parking garage.
The nose of his car was up against my BMW's rear and pushed the custom rear valance in "slightly".
I was so angry that this guy just leftit that way, I called the police...
30 minutes later the guy comes out while I am standing there and I show him what he did and what a ******* he was...
He laughed and said he didnt care..I told him I called the police and he said he didnt care, he went to leave, and I told him that its a crime to leave the scene of an accident.
He laughed, and didnt leave but "moved" his car, then said "Ill be in my office".
Two policemen showed up an hour later and were TOTALLY disinterested...
I got into an argument with them about they not doing their job, so they put me in teh patrol car and threatened to arrest me.
When I told them he moved his car, they said "wow, smart guy", when I told them the pushed in valence popped back out, they said "lucky for you", when I told them he said he "didnt care" that I called the police...then and only then did they run up there to talk to him.
When they came back they said teh guy was a jerk, they couldnt do anything and that he said "I" pushed his rear valance in.
Basically, the cops said they knew he was lying, but nothing they could do...his word against mine...however, they did say they purposely embarrased him in front of his co-workers.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:18 AM
cloudy

Originally Posted by VinUnleaded
I had a guy park his car in my old companys parking garage.
The nose of his car was up against my BMW's rear and pushed the custom rear valance in "slightly".
I was so angry that this guy just leftit that way, I called the police...
30 minutes later the guy comes out while I am standing there and I show him what he did and what a ******* he was...
He laughed and said he didnt care..I told him I called the police and he said he didnt care, he went to leave, and I told him that its a crime to leave the scene of an accident.
He laughed, and didnt leave but "moved" his car, then said "Ill be in my office".
Two policemen showed up an hour later and were TOTALLY disinterested...
I got into an argument with them about they not doing their job, so they put me in teh patrol car and threatened to arrest me.
When I told them he moved his car, they said "wow, smart guy", when I told them the pushed in valence popped back out, they said "lucky for you", when I told them he said he "didnt care" that I called the police...then and only then did they run up there to talk to him.
When they came back they said teh guy was a jerk, they couldnt do anything and that he said "I" pushed his rear valance in.
Basically, the cops said they knew he was lying, but nothing they could do...his word against mine...however, they did say they purposely embarrased him in front of his co-workers.
Sounded like dirty cops.. next time offer em $20 each and a donut each.. then i bet they would of arrested his ***... and for a jelly donut they would of beaten him.