Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Stop the whining!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2002, 10:12 AM
g35or350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And to spite everyone, I hope mine has alot of orange peel when I get it. As long as I dont have the alignment issue, gimme that peel. Gimme that sucky navigation door too.
Old 11-26-2002, 12:12 PM
WP Gaston

Raceboy sez:
Oh yeah, the sunglass holder actually does suck, won't hold any sunglasses I know of. Let's try to get an official Nissan recall to replace that damn thing!!

My sunglass holder has not sucked even once. I have TWO pairs of sunglasses stowed in it (one is a pair of clip-ons).
Old 11-26-2002, 08:17 PM
Zay

Sunglasses holders, seatbelt rattles, orange peel (which I haven't seen yet on a Z) are to some degree small patatoes. But, when it comes to tires being shreaded due to a potential mechanical defect or even design flaw, to point it out and discuss it is far from whining. This is a Nissan... we should not have to replace tires every 5k miles ( i don't care what anybody says). This is one of the reasons why this forum exists... for us to be able to discuss and share knowledge about this car (good or bad).

Isn't this thread in itself one of the whiniest yet? Just my .02.
Old 11-26-2002, 09:19 PM
D'oh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't noticed too much whining here, and I do like to get some confirmation on a problem I experience, but at the same time, I agree that in addition to the few niggling problems with the Z, there are also a great many excellent features. I would even say that this board has far more positive threads than many other boards (for different vehicles) I've visited. It's just that the people with few problems rarely post to say how great their car is unless they are responding to someone asking about tire wear, crappy stereos, or cattling visors.

-D'oh!
Old 11-26-2002, 09:40 PM
DaKine-Z-

Default ......

Originally posted by Zay
Sunglasses holders, seatbelt rattles, orange peel (which I haven't seen yet on a Z) are to some degree small patatoes. But, when it comes to tires being shreaded due to a potential mechanical defect or even design flaw, to point it out and discuss it is far from whining. This is a Nissan... we should not have to replace tires every 5k miles ( i don't care what anybody says). This is one of the reasons why this forum exists... for us to be able to discuss and share knowledge about this car (good or bad).

Isn't this thread in itself one of the whiniest yet? Just my .02.

BRAVO!!!! and well put Ricky....
Old 11-27-2002, 04:41 AM
Traffic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Stop the whining!!

Originally posted by raceboy
You know, I will probably get flamed to hell for this, but who cares. I AM TIRED OF THE WHINING ON THIS BOARD!!! Hell, I had my tranny replaced and I love my Z. The Z is simply the most fantastic car there is for the money. Nissan spent all the money where it counts on this car. Would you guys rather have 210hp and perfect paint? Rattles in the interior? Again, you could have had only 210hp. Abnormal tire wear? Ask an NSX owner or Porsche owner, they will eat a set of tires down to the cords in 5K miles no matter how you drive the car, skidazzle said it best "wanna play, you gotta pay." Bose stereo sux, hmmmm did you really expect it to not suck? Too much oversteer? Oversteer, are you freakin kidding me? The only way you can get too much oversteer in the Z is if you are a lepper and your foot fell off and stayed planted on the gas pedal, or maybe you are an epileptic and you just had a seizure. No offense (although I know this is totally offensive) but half the people here would have been much better off and much more happy with a G35.

Oh yeah, the sunglass holder actually does suck, won't hold any sunglasses I know of. Let's try to get an official Nissan recall to replace that damn thing!!
Make this man moderator!