Sponsored by:

Stop the whining!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2002, 09:58 PM
raceboy
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stop the whining!!

You know, I will probably get flamed to hell for this, but who cares. I AM TIRED OF THE WHINING ON THIS BOARD!!! Hell, I had my tranny replaced and I love my Z. The Z is simply the most fantastic car there is for the money. Nissan spent all the money where it counts on this car. Would you guys rather have 210hp and perfect paint? Rattles in the interior? Again, you could have had only 210hp. Abnormal tire wear? Ask an NSX owner or Porsche owner, they will eat a set of tires down to the cords in 5K miles no matter how you drive the car, skidazzle said it best "wanna play, you gotta pay." Bose stereo sux, hmmmm did you really expect it to not suck? Too much oversteer? Oversteer, are you freakin kidding me? The only way you can get too much oversteer in the Z is if you are a lepper and your foot fell off and stayed planted on the gas pedal, or maybe you are an epileptic and you just had a seizure. No offense (although I know this is totally offensive) but half the people here would have been much better off and much more happy with a G35.

Oh yeah, the sunglass holder actually does suck, won't hold any sunglasses I know of. Let's try to get an official Nissan recall to replace that damn thing!!

Last edited by raceboy; 11-25-2002 at 10:04 PM.
Old 11-25-2002, 10:04 PM
themyst

You have some valid points, but truth be told, everyone likes to believe that they deserve more than what they paid. Orange peel, minor fit and finish issues, you have to realize that this is the internet, the one place where people can vent about virtually anything and everything in relative anonymity. I have nothing but praise for this car in the one month that I've owned it, and anyone that says otherwise, as you said, should have gotten a G35 coupe.
Old 11-25-2002, 10:17 PM
Mr B

Default Re: Stop the whining!!

Originally posted by raceboy
You know, I will probably get flamed to hell for this, but who cares. I AM TIRED OF THE WHINING ON THIS BOARD!!! Hell, I had my tranny replaced and I love my Z. The Z is simply the most fantastic car there is for the money. Nissan spent all the money where it counts on this car. Would you guys rather have 210hp and perfect paint? Rattles in the interior? Again, you could have had only 210hp. Abnormal tire wear? Ask an NSX owner or Porsche owner, they will eat a set of tires down to the cords in 5K miles no matter how you drive the car, skidazzle said it best "wanna play, you gotta pay." Bose stereo sux, hmmmm did you really expect it to not suck? Too much oversteer? Oversteer, are you freakin kidding me? The only way you can get too much oversteer in the Z is if you are a lepper and your foot fell off and stayed planted on the gas pedal, or maybe you are an epileptic and you just had a seizure. No offense (although I know this is totally offensive) but half the people here would have been much better off and much more happy with a G35.

Oh yeah, the sunglass holder actually does suck, won't hold any sunglasses I know of. Let's try to get an official Nissan recall to replace that damn thing!!
Hahahaha, oh man, I could not have said this better. I'm sure glad I wasn't the only one noticing how much whinning there was in here. Some people don't realize this is a sports car that starts in the middle 20 thousand dollar range. But instead, they complain about all the small things even though they knew they were buying the first year model of a brand new car. Everyone knows that the first year always has some problems with fit and finish issues... come on. Another thing is you guys commend how the Z handles like a charm, but then complain about the stiff suspension.
Old 11-25-2002, 10:29 PM
ZON

The Sun Glass Holder. So true. After so many tries I finally found the right way to insert my $140 Oakley Wire Frames. But barely, they compress a little bit but not enough to damage them when I close the lid, door, or whatever.
Hey, maybe Nissan is coming out with some $300 custom accessory sunglasses that will fit that thing perfectly, haha!

But seriously folks, if Nissan would have built that impotant and fugly '99 concept that Carlos balked over and not built it like what we now know today, I would have never even been in the market.

When I first saw the LeMans Concept 350Z on the cover of MT a few years ago I was not considering buying anything. But being a very long time Z fan, I bought that issue of MT at an airport where I first saw it. I read the MT write up and looked at all the pics. Somewhere at about 33,000' over Idaho I knew without a doubt I was soon to be in the new car market, sports car that is.

Did I expect it to be perfect? Absolutely not! Is it everything expected it to be? Absolutely! And more!! I don't pay any attention to any of you here that are nay sayers, complainers, moaners and whiners. It was always the Z car for me ever since I drove my first 240Z 25 years ago. When I totalled that one I got another one. That one is in my sisters back yard right now.

I thought the run was over but it is not after all. Find the car, the heritage behind it that you love. If it is a Corvette, a Mustang or Camaro, or Porsche. Please go out and get one of them if you are just going to complain about my Z. Complain about you new POS Mustang instead, I don't need you here.
Attached Thumbnails Stop the whining!!-mvc-023s.jpg  

Last edited by ZON; 11-25-2002 at 10:31 PM.
Old 11-25-2002, 10:30 PM
SHO-TIME

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I love my Z. Sure there are some stuff that Nissan could've done better.... but nontheless, I still love it!

But Bose did suck before the amp replacement.
Old 11-25-2002, 11:07 PM
LA-Z

Could NOT have said it better myself. As of now, at 4500 miles a big ZERO problems, going to look at the tires tomorrow
not too worried. Bottom line, there is a warranty, for 3 years. The car is FAST as hell, best looking car out right now, no doubt, fun, stable, handles well and the looks...gee guess I'm repeating myself. I do agree though, tons of bitching. Go look at tt.net board, check out the issues with the Z32TT, even brand new those cars had problems. And I LOVED the two I owned. Go get a trouble free BMW I'm sure you will love those for a lot more money. Wonder how the 100+ people who had M3 engines blow up feel? Think they care about tire scalloping or peel
Old 11-26-2002, 01:34 AM
tbcz

Amen!
Old 11-26-2002, 02:24 AM
jmark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amen Raceboy!
Old 11-26-2002, 02:25 AM
Thunderbolt
Charter Member #88

Thank you for saying what I have not.
Old 11-26-2002, 03:20 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Can I have another Amen!!!! I think that what you find is the minority doing all of the whinning, and the rest like myself and others that will post on this thread just look and laugh at the imaturity and analness and move on. Whenever I meet people that don't own one and have read the numerous complaints on here are surprised to find that the problems are minimal, like "the paint doesn't look bad", "that is cool how the nav door opens and just pull it down?", "great seats", "awsome short shifter", "nice looking dash and console", "the gages move up and down!!"

I agree, these people would have been happier with a G35C, as far as I am concerned the Z lived up to my expectations and more, I wasn't expecting automatic a/c!! what a luxury!! I think that if these people took the car to a track or autox they would realize that the car has what it was meant to have in its stock form and would concentrate on what it might need to make it better as a sport car rather than a luxury coupe, I just want to tell those people to SHUT THE **** up and enjoy the car!!!!
Old 11-26-2002, 04:54 AM
CoachZ

Originally posted by throbbing_Zon
The Sun Glass Holder. So true. After so many tries I finally found the right way to insert my $140 Oakley Wire Frames. But barely, they compress a little bit but not enough to damage them when I close the lid, door, or whatever.
Hey, maybe Nissan is coming out with some $300 custom accessory sunglasses that will fit that thing perfectly, haha!
Oh, custom Z sunglasses would be so cool...but even if we pay $300 bucks, they'll probably have temple rattles and a grind in the nosepiece.

Do you have the half-wire's, or just the wires? I can't get the half-wires I have in the holder...

Josh
Old 11-26-2002, 05:59 AM
droideka

F**k changing tires every 5K because I don't want to listen to the rumble of uneven contact patches. F**k that **** in the ***. My rears are PERFECT. There's something in the front suspension that Nissan missed whether it be the fact that they tested the car on Pilot Sports and NOT the POS 040s, or that the cold PSI needs to be 40 .vs 35 to lessen the irregular wear on the fronts.
Old 11-26-2002, 06:12 AM
g35or350z

Stop whining about the whining.

Whiners are people who complain about the little things and have an annoything pitch to their wales. They tend to be passive. This may be true for some things but as far as the tire issue, I think not. If there is something wrong with the tires, I see it as a safety issue also. Not only is uneven tire wear extremely audible and annoying, as you know it can lead to a blowout.

I think most people are being proactive about this and not really "whining."

Last edited by g35or350z; 11-26-2002 at 06:29 AM.
Old 11-26-2002, 06:46 AM
Rahtok

I would _SO_ like to complain. You guys who, in fact, HAVE your cars are enjoying the ride while I still have yet to get a VIN. I couldn't preorder along with everyone else because I wasn't sure I'd fit in the car... I had to wait for the first ones to be delivered to make sure my head didn't go through the roof.

Yeah, at the end of the day, it's only a 30k car, and what a sweet deal THAT is!
Old 11-26-2002, 07:57 AM
WayneTN

Default JUST FIX THE APPARENT TIRE WEAR PROBLEM

Originally posted by droidekaus
There's something in the front suspension that Nissan missed whether it be the fact that they tested the car on Pilot Sports and NOT the POS 040s, or that the cold PSI needs to be 40 .vs 35 to lessen the irregular wear on the fronts.
My car hasn't come in yet, but the only thing I'm currently worried about is tire wear. I plan to use the car as a daily driver and plan to take it easy. I think the car will be great, but if I cannot somehow get good tire mileage by taking it easy, then I probably won't be keeping the car very long. There should be no engineering reason why you can't drive a car sensibly and expect the tires to wear evenly. If you can't, then to me, it's either not engineered correctly or there is a flaw in the tire selection or design.

It will be interesting to see how other tires perform on the Z when the driver takes it easy 98% of the time (like I plan to do).

WayneTN
Old 11-26-2002, 08:18 AM
Sanderman

Default Thank God.....

.....someone finally said this. I have found this site less and less interesting to log on to for the past month or so as the mind numbing stupid whines by a pack of inexperienced, brainless brats who have apparently never driven anything but a Civic before have transformed this place into a complete waste of time.

My transmission whines...
MY passenger seat belt rattles....
My sun visor rattles...
My car has orange peel...
What IS orange peel....
MY car doesn't feel fast...
My Brembos make noise....
The new Neon is faster...
The old Z is faster...
The shifter rattles....
The damn low spoiler got scraped....
The nav door is hard to close...
The seat heater buttons are in the wrong place...
My mommy won't let me stay up past 10...

Oops. They don't actually say that last one.

But I bet it's true.

joe
Old 11-26-2002, 10:04 AM
raceboy
Banned

Originally posted by g35or350z
Stop whining about the whining.

Whiners are people who complain about the little things and have an annoything pitch to their wales. They tend to be passive. This may be true for some things but as far as the tire issue, I think not. If there is something wrong with the tires, I see it as a safety issue also. Not only is uneven tire wear extremely audible and annoying, as you know it can lead to a blowout.

I think most people are being proactive about this and not really "whining."
Stop whining about the whining about the whining man!
Old 11-26-2002, 10:05 AM
g35or350z

Originally posted by raceboy
Stop whining about the whining about the whining man!
LOL
Old 11-26-2002, 10:08 AM
SandMan

I love this car and minor problems like these aren't going to stop me from loving it. This is a damn great car for the money. I don't know what I would have bought if it weren't for Nissan bringing the Z out.

Quick Reply: Stop the whining!!