Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

how old is everyone here?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 09:27 AM
bio911

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Amnbex
None of these 16, 17, 18 year-old kids should own Z's. The stupidity of some parents and some kids boggles my mind sometimes.
So what should they drive? A car is a car... they can F*** up either way... when i turned 16 my parents bought me a 32,000 truck... Is that a problem? I've seen many dumbA$$es twice their age who i think is very stupid and shouldn't drive a car period. Like i said before.. i don't think age is a concern, i think it is their maturity level.
Old 05-07-2005, 09:30 AM
bio911

OOO i pay 157 a month full coverage! Allstate... i have towing and stuff too. I was about to buy a 03-04 cobra but insurance was like 400 a month.. F that.. so i got this instead.. later on when i get a bit older i will get something nice that won't cost me too much on insurance..
Old 05-07-2005, 09:37 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

Originally Posted by bio911
So what should they drive? A car is a car... they can F*** up either way... when i turned 16 my parents bought me a 32,000 truck... Is that a problem? I've seen many dumbA$$es twice their age who i think is very stupid and shouldn't drive a car period. Like i said before.. i don't think age is a concern, i think it is their maturity level.
also, people treat the Z like its Gods gift to cars, personally I dont think its too much car for a fresh driver, but it is on the edge. if i had a kid right now, id buy them an rx8 since its pretty forgiving.
Old 05-07-2005, 09:48 AM
rolling

I wish i was spoiled, heh
cause if imy parent had that much Denero, chances are theywould pay for college too, and i wouldnt have to work, to concentrate on school, then have a job that pays muuuuch more than average heh
spoil me spoil me!!

btw im 33 ive lost count of my cars at 40.... (sometimes i had more than one a t i time)
Old 05-07-2005, 09:57 AM
LIdrew

You are out of line paying so much for a car. 16-20 yr olds are supposed to drive civic beaters with coffee can tail pipes and wooden spoilers with racing stickers all over, Right? At that age, there are om many better things to spend money on. If your mom and pOp got it for you then they are out of line, no matter how much money they have. I will never buy a Z or any sports car or expensive car for my kids. F that!! They are getting a used, reliable, safe car, oh.... and they are paying for it. One of the fundamental problems with our society is the idea of entitlement and self centeredness. Spoiled kids grow up to be spoiled adults... useless human beings. I was once that spoiled kid, but I rejected that life of free cars, luxury apartments on the cuff, international vacations every month, and went out on my own and am a better person for it.Oh, And i usually clear like 12k a month after taxes, you know remember kids, "The things you own, own YOU!"
Old 05-07-2005, 10:26 AM
rolling

Originally Posted by LIdrew
kids. F that!! They are getting a used, reliable, safe
Well it sounds like a nice plymouth K-car is just the ticket! hehe

as i drive down the road with the radio blaring "If i was a rich girl, Id have all the money in the world" by Gwen Stefani...
Old 05-07-2005, 10:29 AM
2004LeMansZ

Only 18 and driving around in a LeMans Z. Had the car since I was 17.
Old 05-07-2005, 10:32 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

ive noticed most of the kids (excluding myself :P) have automatics!
Old 05-07-2005, 10:36 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

Originally Posted by LIdrew
You are out of line paying so much for a car. 16-20 yr olds are supposed to drive civic beaters with coffee can tail pipes and wooden spoilers with racing stickers all over, Right? At that age, there are om many better things to spend money on. If your mom and pOp got it for you then they are out of line, no matter how much money they have. I will never buy a Z or any sports car or expensive car for my kids. F that!! They are getting a used, reliable, safe car, oh.... and they are paying for it. One of the fundamental problems with our society is the idea of entitlement and self centeredness. Spoiled kids grow up to be spoiled adults... useless human beings. I was once that spoiled kid, but I rejected that life of free cars, luxury apartments on the cuff, international vacations every month, and went out on my own and am a better person for it.Oh, And i usually clear like 12k a month after taxes, you know remember kids, "The things you own, own YOU!"

used cars tend to be less reliable and less safe, howbout you buy them a new corolla or some hyrbid car.

its all a matter of prioritiesi bought a Z and spend all my money on my Z because its a passion for me, not jsut a hobby, i still live iwth my parents because im saving for a house, instead of moving into an apartment(which I could afford) I cant comprehend the idea of paying for something you dont own.
Old 05-07-2005, 10:56 AM
rolling

Originally Posted by ihatethatbobbarker
used cars tend to be less reliable and less safe, howbout you buy them a new corolla or some hyrbid car.

its all a matter of prioritiesi bought a Z and spend all my money on my Z because its a passion for me, not jsut a hobby, i still live iwth my parents because im saving for a house, instead of moving into an apartment(which I could afford) I cant comprehend the idea of paying for something you dont own.
YES EXACTLY!!!
it a passion, NOT just transportation, i LIKE driving, its a hobby, and fun,
ID spend more on my car than on anything else!!

i penny pinch everyting else in my life just so i can spend on my ride!! hehe
Old 05-07-2005, 11:00 AM
rolling

as for teens or young/ new drivers.. theres nothing wrong with civics, i would have killed for one as a beginners car! hell i think theres more aftermarket/ customization choises than anythig else out there!

i cant remember the last time i saw a totaly stock civic hehe, if i did i would b thingkin, wow is that a new model??
Old 05-07-2005, 12:40 PM
Amnbex

Originally Posted by bio911
There's a lot of young people here talking about how they "deserve" their Z's or pay for their cars themselves or how they're better drivers than the people two times their age that own Z's. Sometimes you'll even get a kid talking about how they got their Z because of their academic achievements and other times they'll use the excuse "well if it was free, would you reject it?"

Well, I'm a young person that will disagree with everything that these people have said. I'm 18 and I had the chance to own a great sports car (my dad has a Z so we would have had two in the family).

So, let's look at why every argument you guys have used is incredibly stupid or shortsighted or both.

I'm a good driver
Sure you are. I'm 18, I've been driving since I was 14. I've done track time in almost every class of car. Last year I attended an "Intro to Racing" driving-event at the BSR school at Summit Point, WV. This year I'm gonna go to the Skip Barber school for a two day "Intermediate Racing" instruction session where I'll get to drive a 500 HP SRT-10 Viper and a Dodge open-wheel formula car. For all you 16-18 year olds that talk about being great drivers, I guarantee I'm a better driver than you are.

I had the money
I did have quite a sum of money after my 16th birthday. Unlike the rest of the braggarts here, I'm not going to name any figures, but I could have paid the down payment on a Z(or Z-level car). Instead I chose to save the money because unlike the rest of you I realized that it's not really "my" money. If I had spent it on a car rather than saved it for college tuition, then my parents would have had to pay that same amount.

I got my Z for grades
Plenty of these spoiled kids are bragging about how they got their Z because they got good grades or good scholarships. I've got a 1580 SAT score (so damn close to perfect!) and next year I'm heading to the Stern school at NYU (only the 2nd best business school in the country) and I am in no way going to claim that I deserve a Z for my achievements. Maybe later when I actually have a salary and pay for my own car then I can strut around with my nose in the air. Until then my efforts mean as much as anyone else's.

If it was free, only an idiot would refuse it
My dad has a Z. I have free reign to drive that car whenever I want, however I want. Guess what, that car leaves the garage with me in the driver's seat maybe once a month tops. It's not my car and I sure as hell am not going to abuse my parents' trust.

So stop hiding behind your ******** and come out and say it. You guys are spoiled or just incredibly lucky. Don't try to justify it with stupid excuses.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:47 PM
Destiny350Z

None of these 16, 17, 18 year-old kids should own Z's. The stupidity of some parents and some kids boggles my mind sometimes.
The stupidity of some so parents that buy their kid a beater and have to go pick them up on the side of the road at 3am.... now that boggles my mind
Old 05-07-2005, 12:50 PM
Amnbex

Originally Posted by Destiny350Z
The stupidity of some so parents that buy their kid a beater and have to go pick them up on the side of the road at 3am.... now that boggles my mind
The stupidity of some kids to think that their parents owe them a car boggles MY mind.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:55 PM
Sensation350Z

There's a lot of young people here talking about how they "deserve" their Z's or pay for their cars themselves or how they're better drivers than the people two times their age that own Z's. Sometimes you'll even get a kid talking about how they got their Z because of their academic achievements and other times they'll use the excuse "well if it was free, would you reject it?"

Well, I'm a young person that will disagree with everything that these people have said. I'm 18 and I had the chance to own a great sports car (my dad has a Z so we would have had two in the family).

So, let's look at why every argument you guys have used is incredibly stupid or shortsighted or both.

I'm a good driver
Sure you are. I'm 18, I've been driving since I was 14. I've done track time in almost every class of car. Last year I attended an "Intro to Racing" driving-event at the BSR school at Summit Point, WV. This year I'm gonna go to the Skip Barber school for a two day "Intermediate Racing" instruction session where I'll get to drive a 500 HP SRT-10 Viper and a Dodge open-wheel formula car. For all you 16-18 year olds that talk about being great drivers, I guarantee I'm a better driver than you are.

I had the money
I did have quite a sum of money after my 16th birthday. Unlike the rest of the braggarts here, I'm not going to name any figures, but I could have paid the down payment on a Z(or Z-level car). Instead I chose to save the money because unlike the rest of you I realized that it's not really "my" money. If I had spent it on a car rather than saved it for college tuition, then my parents would have had to pay that same amount.

I got my Z for grades
Plenty of these spoiled kids are bragging about how they got their Z because they got good grades or good scholarships. I've got a 1580 SAT score (so damn close to perfect!) and next year I'm heading to the Stern school at NYU (only the 2nd best business school in the country) and I am in no way going to claim that I deserve a Z for my achievements. Maybe later when I actually have a salary and pay for my own car then I can strut around with my nose in the air. Until then my efforts mean as much as anyone else's.

If it was free, only an idiot would refuse it
My dad has a Z. I have free reign to drive that car whenever I want, however I want. Guess what, that car leaves the garage with me in the driver's seat maybe once a month tops. It's not my car and I sure as hell am not going to abuse my parents' trust.

So stop hiding behind your ******** and come out and say it. You guys are spoiled or just incredibly lucky. Don't try to justify it with stupid excuses.
Listen, jackass, get off your high horse and get over it. I achieved a 4.0 GPA throughout highschool, nothing under an A in 4 years. I`m not saying I deserved the Z because of this, but I chose to take some of the $30,000+ that I had saved over my highschool years and put it into buying a Z. It`s okay to reward yourself with something nice once in a while, and it`s none of your business when someone chooses to do so.

Yes, i`ll admit that I lucked out by having wealthy parents to help me out incase I need it along the way. There`s nothing wrong with that, no reason for anyone to be bitter.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:56 PM
Amnbex

Originally Posted by Sensation350Z
Listen, jackass, get off your high horse and get over it. I achieved a 4.0 GPA throughout highschool, nothing under an A in 4 years. I`m not saying I deserved the Z because of this, but I chose to take some of the $30,000+ that I had saved over my highschool years and put it into buying a Z. It`s okay to reward yourself with something nice once in a while, and it`s none of your business when someone chooses to do so.
Who's paying for your college?
Old 05-07-2005, 12:57 PM
Destiny350Z

The stupidity of some kids to think that their parents owe them a car boggles MY mind.
The stupidity of some people to think that some kids think they are owed a car.... boggles MY mind
Sensation350Z

Who's paying for your college?
I got a full scholarship to ASU. Nothing special, but I`ll take it for undergrad.
Destiny350Z

Originally Posted by Sensation350Z

Yes, i`ll admit that I lucked out by having wealthy parents to help me out incase I need it along the way. There`s nothing wrong with that, no reason for anyone to be bitter.
You go boy!!!!
Old 05-07-2005, 12:58 PM
rolling

If I had spent it on a car rather than saved it for college tuition, then my parents would have had to pay that same amount.

[.
wow.. "HAVE" to pay the same ammount???
must be nice to have parents abotu to pay for college.
i had to gow up with the idea that if i wanted college I woudl have to pay for it..

i thinks it wierd how today its ExPEXTED that parents pay for there ADULT kids education.. even if there poor and cant afford or dont want too..

I know i would be in a hell of allot better position in life if my parents had that mindset and paid for college, or bought me ANY car or helped in a major financial way...

but noo i had to do everything myself, thats sux hehe (ok so im jeallous of you rich guys hehe) no hard feelings

but rich, poor or or struggling at least some things span the economics and income levels.. our Z's