Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

how old is everyone here?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 01:00 PM
Amnbex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sensation350Z
I got a full scholarship to ASU. Nothing special, but I`ll take it for undergrad.
So you're paying for the Z yourself and not taking money from anyone else's pocket in any way? Then my post doesn't apply to you.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:01 PM
Destiny350Z

In the end I don't give a FLYING F#CK WE ALL HAVE A Z, THE END!!!
Old 05-07-2005, 01:01 PM
Amnbex

Originally Posted by rolling
wow.. "HAVE" to pay the same ammount???
must be nice to have parents abotu to pay for college.
i had to gow up with the idea that if i wanted college I woudl have to pay for it..

i thinks it wierd how today its ExPEXTED that parents pay for there ADULT kids education.. even if there poor and cant afford or dont want too..

I know i would be in a hell of allot better position in life if my parents had that mindset and paid for college, or bought me ANY car or helped in a major financial way...

but noo i had to do everything myself, thats sux hehe (ok so im jeallous of you rich guys hehe) no hard feelings

but rich, poor or or struggling at least some things span the economics and income levels.. our Z's
Bad choice of wording on my part there.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:05 PM
Sensation350Z

Originally Posted by Amnbex
So you're paying for the Z yourself and not taking money from anyone else's pocket in any way? Then my post doesn't apply to you.
The fact of the matter is, and I`m sorry to brag here if it seems that way [i`m trying to make a point], is that I`ve worked hard through the school years and even over my summer vacations to save up enough money to pay my college tuition because I didn`t want my father to have to pay it. I worked my *** off in school too, earning a 4.0 Unweighted GPA and a 1460 on my SAT. I was given a full ride to ASU, so I took a small chunk of my money and rewarded myself with a car.

on the other side, my dad IS paying the bills, etc... So make it what you will.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:23 PM
Amnbex

Originally Posted by Sensation350Z
The fact of the matter is, and I`m sorry to brag here if it seems that way [i`m trying to make a point], is that I`ve worked hard through the school years and even over my summer vacations to save up enough money to pay my college tuition because I didn`t want my father to have to pay it. I worked my *** off in school too, earning a 4.0 Unweighted GPA and a 1460 on my SAT. I was given a full ride to ASU, so I took a small chunk of my money and rewarded myself with a car.

on the other side, my dad IS paying the bills, etc... So make it what you will.
Again, my post wasn't directed at people like you who ACTUALLY pay for it themelves.

This:

I am 16 years old and my dad just bought me a brand new 350z, and yea i am spolied. Does that mean anything at all ???? And just cause we are young , that makes us stupid??? I Think you are just ****ing stupid for even making a comment like that.. My dad is rich, and he has a rich lifestyle , he doesnt want to see his kids driving a ****ing beater.
Was what pissed me off.
Old 05-07-2005, 02:06 PM
rolling

+1 " doesent want HIS kid to be seen driving a Normal folk car"
for that would lower his dads stats.

sound like the type to put his kids in clothes like Armani, versace, tommy, polo ect..
when they are too young to even know or care who thse peole are LOL

parents using their kids as status symbols is what bugs me.

Im sure this child will get only THE BEST medical care in the nicest hospital, when he wraps the nice 350 around a tree or injurs another one of us ..lesser.. people in a crash
simply because he doesnt know how to handle a powerful rRWD how much expierienc could ya have at 16 on public roads??
Old 05-07-2005, 02:30 PM
tienlo

i'm 23 and i treat people who wrap their cars around trees because i just graduated med school and i'm working with surgeons. My dad drives a 98 corolla.
i guess i just drive a Z because the bank lent me the money. AND it's such a sweeet car...
Old 05-07-2005, 03:43 PM
Sensation350Z

Originally Posted by Amnbex
Again, my post wasn't directed at people like you who ACTUALLY pay for it themelves.

This:

Was what pissed me off.
well allright then, it`s all good
Old 05-07-2005, 04:06 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

what amuses me most is that we all are from different background and different upbringing, so of course were gonna disagree on how people should be raised
Old 05-07-2005, 06:20 PM
Pastapuck

Welp, the dad said I couldn't get a Z... doesn't trust me with it haha ... I guess I can't blame him that much even though I wouldn't do anything stupid... I'm mature enough to handle a Z, I handle a business with about 5 employees.

I'll probably get an RSX Type S, maybe get the Z when I'm out of college... still one of my favorite cars, you guys are lucky to own such a nice thing!
Old 05-07-2005, 07:12 PM
HotImportGirl
Banned

Listen all you whiney b*tches, stopping argueing about each other & go take your Zs out for a ride. That is all.
Old 05-07-2005, 08:13 PM
Jakillo

Jeeeeez you guys are really getting heated on this subject.

While the Z is quite a capable car and indeed something that does require a level of experience, it is not out of the question for a relatively new driver. I drive 5 days of the week for at least 2 hours every day. I drive every day of the winter, and on weekends I drive sometimes more than that. I feel like I know my car like the back of my hand. And besides, you don't know about everyones background. I drove my first 420 hp car when I was 14 and had no problem. I learned most of my more techincal manual transmission manuevers on a 400 Hp car and often drive a 500 hp car whenever the rents let me. My father drives really agressively and makes sure that I study his driving habits as well as others. And some project gotham racing helps out on the side... jk jk

You can called me spoiled or what not just because of age, but my parents also use Kia's as daily drivers, and I am in no way ashamed of driving one of those. Sometimes driving those >100 hp kias is really fun, cuz you can feel like your pushing a car to its limits ON THE STREET! In fact driving in itself is so much damn fun I DONT KNOW WHAT EVERYONE IS FIGHTING ABOUT!!!! Us younger guys also have stuff to contribute to what you more mature members have to say. And we listen and look up to your suggestions.

At what age IS the Z appropriate? Is there one? I don't see us younger guys telling the older guys to get MORE powerful cars lol!
Old 05-07-2005, 11:30 PM
MulhollandDrive

Originally Posted by Jakillo
In fact driving in itself is so much damn fun I DONT KNOW WHAT EVERYONE IS FIGHTING ABOUT!!!! Us younger guys also have stuff to contribute to what you more mature members have to say. And we listen and look up to your suggestions.
Hi Jakillo...Hey good attitude. I agree that this forum is for people that love cars and the Z in particular. Some of us older Z owners spent all our free time working on and driving our cars when we were kids. In my case it was a modified 240Z. So we understand the passion. I am glad that you love to drive and have a passion. I encourage you to follow your passion in whatever you do. That is going to be the real reward in the end. Is the Z an expensive car? I would recommend reading the book "The Millionare Next Door" for one answer.
Old 05-08-2005, 07:44 AM
BLKZ

I'm 52 my Z is paid off. Loving it BIG TIME my loves to drive it too.
Old 05-08-2005, 07:46 AM
BLKZ

I'm 52 own an 03 touring all paid for.
Old 05-08-2005, 07:52 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

2 of them?
Old 05-08-2005, 07:52 AM
frostyrock7c

22 and just bought my second Z, all me no help from anyone and got 7% financing by myself.
Old 05-08-2005, 07:57 AM
Miraclekidjr
Banned

18.....3rd car
Old 05-08-2005, 08:20 AM
craniumdesigns

i think it should be stated if people still live with their parents. its much easier to afford a Z if you're not paying rent, groceries, utilities, etc...
Old 05-08-2005, 08:22 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

Originally Posted by craniumdesigns
i think it should be stated if people still live with their parents. its much easier to afford a Z if you're not paying rent, groceries, utilities, etc...

sure is easier