Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My 350Z Alarm Upgrade Wish List

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2002, 08:35 AM
My_Tampa_Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 350Z Alarm Upgrade Wish List

I have my previous cars broken into a couple of times and the thing that always burns my *ss the most is not so much the items I have to replace, its the violation and total lack of respect the theif has for me and the regret of not being there to see the punk(S) who did it. I have since installed survailance cameras and security system outside my home. My security system does a lot of very cool home automation things for me but it's more cool than functional but I like gadgets and toys (main reason I got the NAV).

My Z Alarm system Wish list (some of which I know are James Bondish but what the hell.:

-integrates with existing alarm system
-Tracks car's whereabouts
-Pages my PCS phone when car is bumped or violated in anyway.
-Nose Grease Sensor
-Takes digital images when perimeter sensor is triped
-Uploads images to secure location (outside of car)
-Stores images on Flash card for Nav viewing

Upon Breaking:
-Voice message telling intruders that they their photos have been sent to police.
-Voice message telling them that the the car has been equipped with a few surprises for them (use your imagination) and that it would be wise to pull over, leave the keys in the ignition, and "RUN!"......."You have been granted 10 seconds to comply"
-Non Compliance Message: (customizable):
-It could says something like, "You have chosen not to comply...or you speak a language other than English. Please enjoy the rest of your ride!
-Engine cuts off, doors and window locks jam
-After car has come to a complete stop, Cabin fills with Co2 or some other vision-imparing gas.
-Voice message announces, "warning...cabin fire has been detected...please exit vehicle now (Fire alert would be announced in multiple languages) Heated seats and fan blower engages.
-Next Voice Message, "Halon gas deployment in 15 seconds....Halon Gas is will extinguish fire but remove all Oxygin from cabin...not exiting now will result in certain death."

I am sure that somebody somewhere in the world has something similar to this already....bottom line: most of the things the car would do would need to be customizable so theives would take it seriously. Hell, you most likely have to do some window/interior repairs, and possbile have the sH*t stains removed from your seats but....ah...wouldn't it be worth it?
Old 11-26-2002, 09:46 AM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im about to go look for it, but the best thing Ive found was a system that uses an FM pager device that is your clicker. it has an LCD and it shows you anything that happens to your car assuming your within like a mile or more of it. beyond that its like any other alarm that is really only limited by the number of gadgets you add.

tho the whole picture thing, I dont know about. how would it know where the person is to take the picture of them?

I dont want a motion sensor outside the car either, cause if someone walks past my car I dont want it to go off, pissing the person off since they didnt even touch it in the first place, but now their gonna kick it to make it shut up. Im all about bump, tilt, interior motion, and glass sensors. of course all paired with a immobilizer, and maybe a gas cutoff seperate from the alarm.

I think this would provide me with more than enough security, without going too far out there.

Ill get back to ya when I find the site with the LCD alarm again. a few other companies are now copying, but the origonal is the best IMO.
Old 11-26-2002, 10:07 AM
sov

The LCD 2 way pager is offer by Compustar, Viper and probably more companies.
Old 11-26-2002, 10:11 AM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ah yes, compustar was the company I was thinking of.

http://www.compustar.org/products/2WSS.html

if your interested, good for 6000 feet. I dont ussually wander farther than that from my car.
Old 11-26-2002, 10:14 AM
350zSpeedRacer

I'd want something that would shick the crap out of someone if they tried breaking in. But then the damn thief would sue me for injuries sustained while trying to steal my car!
Old 11-26-2002, 10:22 AM
cabalisticfire

NJ has had a ton of S4 thefts recently. A bunch of folks are installing the Aladdin system. Seems to work nice, has the long range pager functionality. Might be something to check out. Seems that you would want to take a basic system like that then modify it to keep those that know how to bypass standard systems from getting past yours. It seems that you would want to learn how to mod it yourself so that no one else would know how your setup works.
Old 11-26-2002, 02:01 PM
aggie300zx

I like the one a friend of mine added called the Pain generator or something like that. It emitted a high pitched sound that caused you to get nauseated and sick to the point of throwing up.
Old 11-29-2002, 04:11 PM
zPilott

LoJack has a service now that will page you or call your cell phone if your car moves without your keyfob near it. http://www.lojack.com/about/media_ar...TOKEN=19618469
Old 11-29-2002, 11:47 PM
Intrepid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

By the way, if your alarm injured or killed a thief, you would be criminally liable in all states.

But I've dreamed about having such an alarm!