Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

CBS News Story - 350Z Class Action Lawsuit

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 02:07 PM
VeilsideZ33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what if i have aftermarket rims and tires... am i seriously SOL?
Old 06-06-2005, 05:00 PM
Chicken

As far as I know. Little did you know when you bought the car that it could only have one brand and model tire. Don't deviate from this! If you change wheel, or tire...

:: Dealer says, "No soup for you!" ::

If you don't change wheel or tire, then we think about it... hmmmm...

:: "No soup for you either!" ::

Note: My dealer gave me soup ('03 Z), but I since have changed the wheel and tire so my soup days are over.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:28 PM
zpeed350

I know many of you are experiencing this problem. But for what it's worth, I have a 2003 Enthusiast that was delivered on March of '03. It is car # 4,2xx and has a build date of Sept. 02. It's one of the first runs off the factory line.

I have been driving it everyday (parked in winters) since March 1, 2003. As of today...June 6, 2005 my Z has 30,000 miles on it.

I am still running the same tires the car came with. NO signs of feathering what-so-ever. Never a roar or growl. Inner front tire wear is minimally more than outter wear, which is normal for all sports cars.

I did take the car in for the recall just to be safe, and I was declined service because my fronts were well within spec. My service manager said it was the best set of fronts he had seen come in.

So FYI, not everyone does have feathering. The only thing I did do that may have helped me avoid the problem was that I asked the dealer to have the alignment checked before I took delivery.

And now 30,000 miles and counting....no feathering. For the fellow owners with feathering, I feel for ya...and hope Nissan takes car of this mess. You deserve it.

Last edited by zpeed350; 06-06-2005 at 06:33 PM.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:42 PM
ZRA

Cool

I'll be picking up my 05 touring in a few days, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:45 PM
seraphimshift

Originally Posted by zpeed350
I know many of you are experiencing this problem. But for what it's worth, I have a 2003 Enthusiast that was delivered on March of '03. It is car # 4,2xx and has a build date of Sept. 02. It's one of the first runs off the factory line.

I have been driving it everyday (parked in winters) since March 1, 2003. As of today...June 6, 2005 my Z has 30,000 miles on it.

I am still running the same tires the car came with. NO signs of feathering what-so-ever. Never a roar or growl. Inner front tire wear is minimally more than outter wear, which is normal for all sports cars.

I did take the car in for the recall just to be safe, and I was declined service because my fronts were well within spec. My service manager said it was the best set of fronts he had seen come in.

So FYI, not everyone does have feathering. The only thing I did do that may have helped me avoid the problem was that I asked the dealer to have the alignment checked before I took delivery.

And now 30,000 miles and counting....no feathering. For the fellow owners with feathering, I feel for ya...and hope Nissan takes car of this mess. You deserve it.
Would having the alignment checked on any used Z be enough? From everything I'm reading it would sound like the problem is more sporadic and having the alignment checked once might not catch the issue - how far off am I here?
Old 06-06-2005, 06:49 PM
seraphimshift

Does running the nismo 18" rims void the warranty?
Old 06-06-2005, 07:17 PM
xjerseyzfinestx

Default ....

yea these def. sucks!!...but i dont care , i will be having a new set of wheels/tires coming in and im doing a few suspenion mods ...also an alignment...i have 27 k on my stock tires yea there getting worned out but not a big problem for me...
Old 06-06-2005, 07:31 PM
lascala26

I have had 3 alignments performed by Nissan and two sets of front tires....and I still have severe feathering. 2003 Touring model with only 18,000 miles. It is total BS. I'm in the process of upgrading my tires. I hope that makes a small difference. Nissan has totally disappointed me. This is my last Nissan.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:45 AM
black300zx

I sold my Z 6 months ago because of this ********. It was difficult decision, but had to be done. My fronts were replaced three times and alignments done each time to the so called factory specs (they kept changing each time the car was in, that was one of their excuses). When the last set was again feathering the car was past the 36,000 mile warranty so guess what? the dealer wouldn't even put the car on the alignment machine without me paying for it and they would not pay for new tires either. They were treating this like if it was the first time I brought the car in! NNA was no help either, my favorite line was "I understand sir, but..." Heard that so many time, excuses, excuses. What gets me is that this was my dream car, I'm a true Z enthusiast. I drove 800+ miles to Detroit to see the concept Z, then again to see the production version. In fall 02 I eagerly picked up my Performace model. Been a member of couple of Z clubs and was fortunate enough to meet and have lunch with Mr K. Rode the car on the track and never got tired of washing/waxing it, taken hundred's of pictures of the thing or picking up any magazine with a Z in it. But the reality is I was sold a defective product, the car had the problem from day 1 and Nissan gave me the run around and never fixed it (which is all I asked, just FIX it), nor did NNA seemed to care about me as customer at all. I still love the car, I met great people and hope Nissan gets their act together and do it right for current owners. Me, I got tired of repeated dealer visits, dealing with service advisors, service managers, nissan consumer affairs people, etc. Then the waiting and wondering if it was ever going to be fixed.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:56 PM
boma

Originally Posted by black300zx
I sold my Z 6 months ago because of this ********. It was difficult decision, but had to be done. My fronts were replaced three times and alignments done each time to the so called factory specs (they kept changing each time the car was in, that was one of their excuses). When the last set was again feathering the car was past the 36,000 mile warranty so guess what? the dealer wouldn't even put the car on the alignment machine without me paying for it and they would not pay for new tires either. They were treating this like if it was the first time I brought the car in! NNA was no help either, my favorite line was "I understand sir, but..." Heard that so many time, excuses, excuses. What gets me is that this was my dream car, I'm a true Z enthusiast. I drove 800+ miles to Detroit to see the concept Z, then again to see the production version. In fall 02 I eagerly picked up my Performace model. Been a member of couple of Z clubs and was fortunate enough to meet and have lunch with Mr K. Rode the car on the track and never got tired of washing/waxing it, taken hundred's of pictures of the thing or picking up any magazine with a Z in it. But the reality is I was sold a defective product, the car had the problem from day 1 and Nissan gave me the run around and never fixed it (which is all I asked, just FIX it), nor did NNA seemed to care about me as customer at all. I still love the car, I met
great people and hope Nissan gets their act together and do it right for current owners. Me, I got tired of repeated dealer visits, dealing with service advisors, service managers, nissan consumer affairs people, etc. Then the waiting and wondering if it was ever going to be fixed.

I know exactly how you feel. I'm keeping my Z, but my next car/truck will be a honda or toyota if its an import.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:36 PM
ZRA

Cool

I really hope I don't have these problems when my new 05 touring comes. I've waited for 2 years until I could buy one. So sorry to read all these problems. Those of you that are having these problems should sign up and become part of this litigation. Remember, it's the noisy wheel that gets the grease!!
Old 07-08-2005, 11:14 AM
AdrenalineFX51

I've got 2000 miles on my 05. Still nothing. Please God, I love this car, let the feathering be fixed!
Old 07-08-2005, 11:41 AM
nissansource

Doesnt the new Aarms Fix the feathering???????????? from kenetix?
Old 07-08-2005, 08:42 PM
slackjaw

Originally Posted by seraphimshift
Does running the nismo 18" rims void the warranty?
No, all NISMO stuff keeps your warranty intact. I have an '03 Track w/ Nismo LMGT4s (18") and Michelin Pilots and no problems at all. I have 21,500 on the car so far and I'm keepin' my fingers crossed.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:43 PM
xNeo

Does the G35 Coupe have any of these problems? I was looking into buying either a Z or the G35 Coupe. I think I'm leaning more towards the G35, mostly because it looks better and now this.
Old 07-09-2005, 09:23 AM
GZire

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by xNeo
Does the G35 Coupe have any of these problems? I was looking into buying either a Z or the G35 Coupe. I think I'm leaning more towards the G35, mostly because it looks better and now this.
I have heard of a few (very few) G coupe owners having this problem, just no where near the extent of the Z guys. The G alignment is less aggressive than the Z's.

FYI those class action lawyers are vultures. They troll the Z and G boards for help. The class action guys will be lucky to see anything worthwhile out of this, but those lawyers will strike a gold mine.