Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350Z late availability or 2004 options/changes????

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2002, 09:03 AM
dmcgibbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350Z late availability or 2004 options/changes????

do you think when the convertible comes out in march that they will make any changes to the regular Z or make any kind of late availability options/modifications to the 350Z? I really like the Z, but I don't want to try to get one now and then in March they have the steering wheel w/ audio controls (b/c the Fx45 and Murano have them) or a sunroof/T-tops or leather and other options become available. Also, I wish they had better wheels - I like the picture of Z3502's I-Forged wheels if they weren't chrome but I like the chrome as well. The superlight Ray's are nice, but they look smaller than the 17" wheels b/c of the lip i guess. I like the infiniti wheels ok, but really I wish they just had a 5 spoke classic wheel available kind of like the ray's or the 17" just 5 spoke b/c those I-Forged are what I was looking for but can't afford like 5000 for wheels. Oh also it would be SOOOO nice if the stereo played MP3's. I could get an aftermarket headunit but I like how stock dashes look better. Where can you put the amp besides in the passenger compartment or in trunk? I don't want to lose cargo room but I also want the "glovebox" to remain useful. I like how in my Jeep you can put like 3 amps under the rear seats. Can you fit an amp under the passenger seat in the Z?
Old 11-27-2002, 09:27 AM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

IMHO there will be no changes until the 2004 model. The convertible may have some changes but they would probably only be specific to that model.
Old 11-27-2002, 09:28 AM
dmcgibbo

not even offering different options such as being able to get the Rays wheels on any model as an accessory or leather or something? I thought those were only available dealer or aftermarket b/c the factory was not ready to deal w/ all those options and different configurations in the first year...
Old 11-27-2002, 09:46 AM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

In today's market the manufacturers are trying to get away from offering so many single type options and to package them together. It's a production cost issue. You can get the leather as an aftermarket through the dealer. The Ray's can be had too but at a ridiculous price.

There have been no leaks or insider info, that I've heard or read about, on what to expect for 2004. Even the details for the convertible have not been disclosed yet.

As for the amp location it might fit behind the drivers seat where the Bose sub-woofer might be. Under the seat would depend on the amp size. Otherwise it would go in the back where it is now.
Old 11-27-2002, 09:59 AM
dmcgibbo

what do you mean otherwise it would go in the back where it is now? is there a factory amp installed somewhere? i'm sorry i don't know this stuff - i did a search but really couldn't find anything. i was hoping to get the sub enclosure from courtesyparts and put a 10" sub in there and then hide the amp under a seat or somewhere w/o taking up room...
Old 11-27-2002, 10:01 AM
dmcgibbo

what do you mean the rays can be had for a ridiculous price - are you talking about from the dealer as an accessory or from japanparts or do you mean they are only available from regular people and they are charging a lot?
Old 11-27-2002, 10:14 AM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

I was referring to the dealers. Buying direct from Japan can be expensive too as you have to pay shipping, Customs duties, etc. unless they include that in their pricing. I'm not sure you can get the exact same wheel either. I haven't seen prices for what private parties are selling their's for. Most people that have gone aftermarket wheels didn't buy Track models. Just keep checking the "classifieds" on all the Z sites.
Old 11-27-2002, 10:17 AM
dmcgibbo

thanks but in referring to amplifier placement, what did you mean by...

"Otherwise it would go in the back where it is now."

Is there an amp in the car right now or a place for it? I thought the crappy headunit was the internal amp - so what are you talking about?
Old 11-27-2002, 10:25 AM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

The amp is in the left rear of the car under the floor panel. It has taken anywhere from 45 mins. to an hour+ for dealer techs to remove/replace it. There are pics somewhere in the forum. A search under "amp" might turn them up.
Old 11-27-2002, 10:32 AM
dmcgibbo

yeah i've been searching but some prolific board members are "amp" like Tamps something so it turns up a lot. Why does it take them so long to remove/replace it? Is it in a bad place or what? Hmm I'll do another search for the pictures b/c if I can fit a normal sized amp in there that would be AWESOME. it would be soooo nice if I could put my 7897 in the double din, a JL sub behind the driver, the amp in the original place, and replace all the speakers and have everything look almost totally stock! The only other thing I want is a CD changer from alpine that would fit in the other din slot so I don't have a random pocket in the dash...Grr - is there anything else I can put with the 7897 headunit so I don't have a hole?
Old 11-27-2002, 10:34 AM
mcduck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it is safe to assume no major changes at least until the 2004 model rolls out. Right now, Nissan is likely addressing all the first year model bugs with what is offered currently.

I would not, however, be surprised if they introduce a convertible-only color.
Old 11-27-2002, 10:38 AM
dmcgibbo

yeah i just thought that since the new murano is coming out and its the exact same steering wheel but has radio controls that they would offer that too maybe. oh well. when do the 2004's come out? ahh i wish they would come out in feb but i guess its like august or maybe gasp hopefully earlier?
Old 11-27-2002, 10:38 AM
#15Blade

I'm just hoping they don't do something stupid like limit the convertible option to the touring edition. I don't mind paying a $2K for the convertible option, but I want it on the enthusiast. I can't afford $36k.
Old 11-27-2002, 10:43 AM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

Originally posted by dmcgibbo
Why does it take them so long to remove/replace it? Is it in a bad place or what?
Like any new car the techs haven't had a chance to get their hands dirty so it takes a while to figure out how it's done. I believe body panels need to be removed also.

I'm not into the audio-mod scene so I can't help you there. Some people have already replaced the head units so there are ways to fill the gaps. I've seen pics of those too.
Old 11-27-2002, 10:47 AM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

Originally posted by dmcgibbo
yeah i just thought that since the new murano is coming out and its the exact same steering wheel but has radio controls that they would offer that too maybe. oh well. when do the 2004's come out? ahh i wish they would come out in feb but i guess its like august or maybe gasp hopefully earlier?
They'll appear like all others Aug/Sept.