Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I...zmespeed....got, PULLED OVER!!!!!!! by the COPS!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 11:30 AM
zmespeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by soon2bZ
Now, I'm not defending this guy one bit, but I will say that Police Officers in BOTH of those cities suck. They are VERY affluent areas. In some cases, if you drive a beater in these places, they will pull you over and in one case (this was a friend of mine) kick you out of the city. The only tickets that I have ever gotten was from OSP (State Troopers) and from Centerville. There is a certain road (Wilmington Pike) that both cities split. Centerville gets the southside lanes, and Bellbrook/Sugarcreek Township gets the Northside. I stay away from these places as much as I can.
(Wilmington Pike)...i have to drive on that road every day. i got pulled over on 48/springvalleyroad. but he pulled out behind me on the 48/...just a light back.

if that helps some how.
Old 05-26-2005, 11:30 AM
soon2bZ

what street did this happen on by the way?
Old 05-26-2005, 11:33 AM
JP_WRX

My friend's kid....his expression made me wonder what was going through his mind...WTF was on top of the list.
Old 05-26-2005, 11:59 AM
bixby

Originally Posted by zmespeed
got lasered doing 111mph in a 55mph country road.
That Passport 8500 isn't lookng to good right now huh? Must of added that after.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:10 PM
GZire

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Zmespeed I don't know how accurate your posts are, but I can say they are always entertaining.

You might want to read this thread:
http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54895

By the way, I have this feeling that the officer in question raises birds and is setting them loose around your garage.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:19 PM
zmespeed

Originally Posted by bixby
That Passport 8500 isn't lookng to good right now huh? Must of added that after.
i got my passport after that ticket....and the z too.

did the speeding in a 3.2TL
Old 05-26-2005, 07:40 PM
zmespeed

Originally Posted by soon2bZ
what street did this happen on by the way?
on route 48... next to the springvalley road intersection. its the road parrelle to willmington pike i think.
Old 05-27-2005, 03:17 AM
obd

haha, somehow I dont think you have seen the last of the cops on this one.........at the very least you are gonna be on thier **** list which believe me IS NOT FUN.

I had a popo follow me literally for about 45 minutes. The guy just followed me everywhere I went. Just to **** him off I stopped at the gas station and took a LONG tim to fill up, then I milled about around the store for awhile. It got to the point where I was laughing the whole time. The popo was just trying to stay a respectfull distance away but keep on my tail as if I didnt see him from a mile back............

The closest I ever came to getting nailed big time was two street racing episodes when I was younger back just after I graduate high school. It was the only time I have ever had a high speed street race in my life. Yeah it was dumb. Anyway, so it was on the highway.

I was headed back home from a trip to visit some buddies of mine with about 100 miles left to go. There was this dude in a honda accord just hovering around me. At the time I was still driving my POS old Toyota Camry I had for high school. We just got on it and started racing. We basically maintained about 115-120 mph for 10 minutes or so which absolute f'ing fast in my beater. I get to the crest of a long up-hill section and checked my mirror and sure enough I see a police car flying up with lights blazing about a mile back. The guy in the accord doesnt notice. Luckily there was an 18 wheeler tractor trailor two lanes over to my right so just as I got over the hill I positioned myself in front of him and then tried to time it and slide around the other side of him as the cop car was passing on the left. The manuever worked perfectly and the cop never even saw me. I think what had happened was somebody called in on a cell phone to specifically complain about my car flying by because the cop didnt even go for the guy in the accord who got the hint and slowed down to speed limit as soon as he saw me trying to hide in front of the 18 wheeler.

Just to be sure I got off at some random exit because I was afraid the popo would realize his mistake and pull off and just waite for me to pass again. I was also worried the truck driver would get up on his radio and tell the cop what I had just done.

Anyway, I basically decided it made the perfect excuse to grab a bite to eat and go to a bookstore/newstand and get the NY Times.........

Luckily I excaped what could have been big trouble.

The second street racing one happend when my buddy and I were racing on a back country round we called our "touge". (Japanese word). Anyway the road had no drive ways on it and was seldom used so it was reasonably safe to drive fast on. The contest was to see if he could stay on my tale and match my speed on the road. Well we were doing about 85-95 in a 45 over the crest of a hill when we pass one of the sherriffs deputies going the other way. We quickly pulled into a back road that was paved so we didnt leave a dust trail for him to follow and pulled out our pizza we had just taken out for lunch. The idea was to be sitting there eating pizza outside our cars admiring the view of a nice pasture in case he guessed our excape correctly and drove up on us. Our excuse was we decided we didnt want the pizza to get cold so we just stopped down this nice scenic road to eat it and chat hehe. Of course we had NO idea he was trying to stop us or that we were even speeding, much less racing

We lucked out and he drove on by. We split up in case they were looking for a "pair" due to the fact that there was heavy traffic on the other roads with lots of random cars. Sure enough the tactic worked. Clearly they were looking for "somebody" in the area because as we drive home our seperate ways both of us saw about 6 police cruisers each.......and thats good numbers for our area.

Another close call.

I pretty much learned my lesson on that one. No street racing for me. It was pretty stupid anyway........

Not to say I still dont take a little liberty here and there when I know some police are trying to nail me for speeding.........I just limit myself to 15 over and I dont race .

I still cant resist out fixing a cop from time to time. I would never get involved in a high speed chase and my basic rule is that if you cant lose visual contact without speeding then dont bother even trying to get away from them. No sense getting busted for evasion etc.

Its funny to come back home though. I did pizza delivery as a summer job back in the day and so I know all the little back roads and short cuts like the back of my hand. Usually its the cops that have the advantage but not one me

Example: I had a cop try to nail me for speeding in my beater. Again it was the classic scenario. I was speeding (15 over) and coming over a hill when a cop nailed me coming the other way. Well, there was a super posh neighborhood just on the left with a guarded gate (not a single house under $1 million in the place). So because they guards all knew me and my car from pizza delivery in the past they just waved me through thinking I was on a delivery run and didnt even bother to see if I had my uniform on. The cop, seeing my beater, assumed I could never get into that neighborhood so he just went straight thinking I must have tried to gun it. Well the neighbohood in question had two entrances/exits so I just went to the other end and then took a series of random back roads to get me to where I wanted to go. What was funny was as I was driving up the hill in the neighborhood the road swept to the right and I could look down through the tree's and SEE the cop driving past in chase. He never even glanced towards the neighborhood!!! If he had there was a slim chance he could have seem me but the neighborhood is HUGE and there are many roads that link up to others and many different ways to get to the same place (and get completely lost). Even if he did see me I probably still could have lost him without ever breaking the speed limit in the neighborhood and gotten out one of the exits before they blocked it off. Made me laugh the whole way through hehehehehe.

Last edited by obd; 05-27-2005 at 03:40 AM.
Old 05-27-2005, 05:24 AM
350Zenophile

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

omd,
Sounds like you and zmespeed should get together and discuss your adventures evading johnny law...maybe someday in prison you'll get the chance?