2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

After Market Products Update

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2002, 08:12 PM
Ricky
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After Market Products Update

I called InJen, and Greddy regarding new aftermarket supplies for the 350Z. InJen informed me they are in the process of making a CAI for the car, which I'm sure you all know, and expect release of it withen 2 months or less. They estimate a 4-5hp increase, but told me the best part of getting it is the stronger engine growl.

Greddy informed me they are in the process of their twin turbo kit, which estimates at about 650-675rwhp. Told me this turbo will be a package which includes an intercooler, wastegate, downpipe, and few other things. He said he doesn't have a price yet, but expect it to be around 6,000-7,500. It will not be released withn 9 months, they just began testing a model of it, and in the process of building.

BUTTTTTTTTT

for you guys who need something FAST, they are also making an exaust system for the 350Z, no specs, but expect abuot 5hp increase, and that will be released in about 3 months.

Also, few other companies, if your interested, I'll search for their names, are making other smaller items, such as the engine dress up kit, which I believe includes hoses, and some other "colorful" items for your engine bay.

It's not a LOT of great information, but I thought I'd pass this on to anyone interested, and sorry if any of this information was repeated!
Old 11-30-2002, 08:18 PM
Ricky
Banned

InJen CAI isn't out for sale yet, it's in the final stages of production, by what I see on their website, and by what they told me....and once again, sorry for the repeat.. BUT I BET YOU DIDNT KNOW ABOUT THE GREDDY EXAUST!
Old 11-30-2002, 08:29 PM
Slareau02

greddy quoted you 650 rwhp ? ****. I hope our driveshaft, which is cf can handle 650hp without splintering into little threads. A 650rwhp 350z would run like what 11s, 10s? I know the lingenfelter 427TT vette can run 9s but I doubt the 350 would be doing that anytime soon.

Last edited by Slareau02; 11-30-2002 at 08:32 PM.
Old 11-30-2002, 08:51 PM
Ricky
Banned

yeah, but then again this is twin turbo, not single turbo. but they include a bunch of other things so the z can handle it. and once again, this is just pre-production stage.. i don't even think greddy knows how the Z will handle it.. plus I don't any of us will be interested in it unless they are going to race. its generally not a good idea driving with 600 some odd hp on the city streets..
Old 11-30-2002, 09:55 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally posted by VQracer
Injen is already out.

Yes I knew about the Greddy. There are a lot of things I know that are out but am not allowed to speak of it.

Victor
Well then they are not out if you can't talk and specially since we CAN'T buy them!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-30-2002, 11:21 PM
raceboy
Banned

Originally posted by VQracer
Injen is already out.

Yes I knew about the Greddy. There are a lot of things I know that are out but am not allowed to speak of it.

Victor
If you spent as much time behind a computer as VQ does, you would know everything too!! I prefer to actually get out and drive every once in a while myself.
Old 12-01-2002, 09:13 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Victor: Both myself and Scott (Wadd) have been looking into the Injen intake but it doesn't seem to be for sale yet. The Z with the CAI in your pic isn't yours is it? I was pretty sure you had DB. It may be "out" but is it FOR SALE yet?
Old 12-01-2002, 04:24 PM
Slareau02

You can drive a 600hp car on city streets. The 427TT vette is as docile as a stock c5 and gets nearly the same gas mileage. And its street legal. BTW, the majority of people who bought a greddy TT kit for the 350z would drive it on the street. And ricky, these other things they include would be like what, injectors, intercooler, remapped ecu etc? I doubt they include a new driveshaft / heads, pistons, crankshaft, arms, etc.
Old 12-11-2002, 10:01 AM
MardiGrasMax

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: After Market Products Update

Originally posted by Ricky
Greddy informed me they are in the process of their twin turbo kit, which estimates at about 650-675rwhp. Told me this turbo will be a package which includes an intercooler, wastegate, downpipe, and few other things. He said he doesn't have a price yet, but expect it to be around 6,000-7,500. It will not be released withn 9 months, they just began testing a model of it, and in the process of building.
On stock Internals?
Old 12-18-2002, 11:41 AM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

Injen is out now... $240~

as for the Greddy Turbo Kit, I think it should be able to do 80hp - 100hp gain with stock internals... Maybe 6psi to 8psi?
Old 12-18-2002, 12:00 PM
350zLord
Banned

UMM....T....W.....I....N.........T....U.....R......B.....O.. ..........giving gains of 300+ HP i dont beleive that. RX-7 has tt and it is like 240+ hp at the most i think it'll give 70-100 hp gain. i dont know who you got your info from but go back and see how reliable this person is. UNTIL THEN STOP POSTING. and like everyone said 600+ hp you would need new driveshaft, injectors, pistons, differentials, exhaust, intake, big *** intercooler, etc. making the price over 8000 why not buy a new engine heh

so lets dont spread wrong rumors around.

Last edited by 350zLord; 12-18-2002 at 12:03 PM.
Old 12-18-2002, 02:00 PM
cariza

I know about putting turbos in a non turbo car (Check my sig) I can tell you this, NO engine will take a gain like that to 600-650rwhp on stock internals, the closest one may be the Supra engine which may handle near the 600rwhp but wont be on the safe side and eventually you would neet pistons, rings, springs etc. On an aluminum block and heads like the Z even lowering the compression I wouldnt go much more than 350-380 rwhp with stock internals. And this is a LOT for a car which is not THAT heavy only thing to check is HOW strong the 6 speed may be.

I have been also holding back on the post of twin turbo kits for less than $5K, DREAM ON, it wont happen and if ANYONE does sell one, I would really question the quality of the products. MY kit for the IS to get 450rwhp+ went to about $12K then you got to think of everything else like reinforce trans, better brakes etc. I understand that the aftermarket for the Z will be much less expensive than lexus or other brands but you got to remember its 2 turbos, I would really like the idea on a single turbo setup, I like them much better, less heat, less hassle for install and maintain. Dont talk about lag, today's turbos barely suffer it unless you install a monster t88 to make 800+ hp. Besides the Z has enough low end torque, more than that you would get traction problems.

Another thing to consider is $$ electronics. Making big horsepower requires fuel and engine management. Depending on the size of the stock injectors, which wont be big at all since its not a turbo car from factory (turbo cars usually have injectors that can hold 30-50% more hp just to be on the safe side of a wastegate going bad and boosting more) you will need to add 550+ cc injectors, which cannot be managed with a simple e-manage or SAFC, you need a standalone engine manager like Halteck, Motec, etc, these cost $1800-$3000.

Hopefully in some time their will be bolt on kits whcih provide really low boost to make them safe and make 320-350 rwhp, and even sooner there will be high hp custom kits by professional shops that would go $10K+, until then please stop the rumors of low budget high hp turbos that will only be possible on the F&F2.